BathMate Crack Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BathMate Crack Fix

I posted a few days ago and mentioned I had a method to save your BathMate if it has a crack form in/on the tube. I have read a great deal of BM users have found that over time, and usually due to dropping it crack do happen. The most common is near the top of the tube. If your under a year you will be covered by warranty(so I am told)and you get a new BM.
    Now the cracks will happen near the top, and with any luck, not form over an inch long.
    You will need
    - jet drill
    - crazy glue
    - 600 grit sand paper
    Find the crack and with a mid size Jet drill bit make a whole on either end of the crack. Basically drill size as small as possible to end the crack, and small enough to be filled with crazy glue. The bits can get pretty small, I say mid size which is workable to make a fresh hole. This is unlike there real purpose, which is to be guided through a carbonator jet and slightly enlarged or cleaned. Once the ends of the crack have a hole drilled completely through the tube you are almost there. Just blow out the tube of any plastic shavings, and get ready to finish the job.
    NOTE THAT IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO NOT USE TO MUCH CRAZY GLUE.
    It is also a good idea to remove the valve completely from the top of the tube, so that no glue finds its way into it. Simply roughen up the crack and the holes at the ends with the sandpaper, and add a small amount of crazy glue to the outer surface of the area of repair. I needed to give it a second try as the holes needed a little more of the glue to fill the holes. My problem was most of my smaller drill bits over the years had been broken and only had a larger size or two left. Again only as big as needed to stop the crack.
    I am happy to report that my BathMate is as good as new other than a small war wound.
    I also make my own rubber base gaskets. That's just a trip to a plastics store and ask for 1/4 rubber. 1 square foot will last for many replacements. Cut with a sharp hobby knife or razor(due take care and use something that keeps your hands up and away from your working surface) tracing around a small pill container or something alike. I like to make the inner hole smaller so that under vacuum it keeps the edge covered and smooth to your prized body part. I think in total it was $4.oo for the rubber. TAAB
Working...
X