Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Thought on Extenders; a thought provocation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Thought on Extenders; a thought provocation?

So I was about to buy a phallosan forte.. I am still on the rocks about it because its so damn expensive.. but the biggest issue for me with loop extenders is comfort and wearability...

Anyways, so I was noticing reports that people started not having gains after a while of using the PF. Like in their study after about 4 months the gains started decreasing. I assume the people were still wearing the device roughly the same amount of time throughout..

I was thinking maybe it is because extenders work differently that what we all expected. For elongation of the shaft, should there not be a stretching not only on the glans, but on the base of the shaft as well? It seems that all extenders stretch the glans directly out in some way. I am thinking this promotes the elongation of the suspensory ligament on the penis and not the actual penis itself.. WebMD and some other websites report that suspensory ligament surgery on the penis increase the length by like .5-1.5 inches. This is like the max I have ever seen a report of an extender working.

Any thoughts on this? That the extenders actually just loosen the ligament over time so that more penis is seen?

Originally posted by zerodown View Post
    Anyways, so I was noticing reports that people started not having gains after a while of using the PF. Like in their study after about 4 months the gains started decreasing. I assume the people were still wearing the device roughly the same amount of time throughout..
    For what it's worth, the Phallosan Rep says the growth rate slowed during the study because participants used the device for fewer hours as the trial went on not because they reached a plateau:

Originally posted by Phallosan View Post
    like in every study, all testers are at the beginning very excited but as you can imagine, some lost this feeling of excitement after 3-4 month, that’s why the results dropped. Cant control them all the time
    However, if you look at the Phallosan User Gains Table thread (https://www.pegym.com/forums/penis-d...ins-table.html) growth has eventually slowed for guys who used the device for thousands of hours, albeit generally at a later horizon than the duration of the clinical study (e.g. KITM who hit a plateau after 1.25" of erect length gains).

It is often hypothesized that the slowing of rapid newbie gains that some users report occurs when stretching of the ligaments has been exhausted and the tunica becomes the rate limiting factor. I'm not sure you could attribute the plateaus that experienced extender users hit after thousands of hours to this cause, but it's all just theories.
    2008: 6" BPEL
    Now: 7-1/8" BPEL
    Goal: 8" BPEL

Current Progress Log
    Phallosan Forte Review

Comment

I have been using an extender (X4 with VacExtender mod kit) for over four years. In this regard, I have noticed that the most limiting factor is the suspensory ligaments. They are the first sign of strain after about 30 minutes in the extender when I use the extender in the up position. I then need to push the extender in a downward position to reduce the strain. After about 15 minutes, I notice the strain is mitigated and I can start to slowly increase the rod length.

After an hour in the extender, I can return it to the upward position without any significant strain on the suspensory ligaments and over the following 30 to 60 minutes I can slowly increase the rod lengths by an additional 1/2 inch. Apparently, after an hour of sustained stress, the suspensory ligaments start to relax and stretch.

Interesting that this morning after two hours in the extender (I usually limit sessions to under 1.5 hours), I reached the longest stretch length I have ever experienced - over 3/4 inch above my original mounting length. I believe I reached approximately 7 inches of FSL.
      Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
      12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
      12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
      01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
      01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
      01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
      Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

A warm rice sock, before and during the wearing of an extender, can speed the relaxing of the suspensory ligaments.
        Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
        Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Yeah usually when people use an extender they eventually reach plato. Thats when people switch to hanging to break the plato. I think hanging is way better imo.
          Start 1-09-15
          BPEL: 6.0 EG: 5.0

Most Recent 5-09-15
          BPEL: 7.25 EG: 5.25

Short term goal
          BPEL: 7.5 EG: 5.5

“A jug fills drop by drop.”- Buddha

Comment

Originally posted by zerodown View Post
            So I was about to buy a phallosan forte.. I am still on the rocks about it because its so damn expensive.. but the biggest issue for me with loop extenders is comfort and wearability...

I was thinking maybe it is because extenders work differently that what we all expected. For elongation of the shaft, should there not be a stretching not only on the glans, but on the base of the shaft as well? It seems that all extenders stretch the glans directly out in some way. I am thinking this promotes the elongation of the suspensory ligament on the penis and not the actual penis itself.. WebMD and some other websites report that suspensory ligament surgery on the penis increase the length by like .5-1.5 inches. This is like the max I have ever seen a report of an extender working.

Any thoughts on this? That the extenders actually just loosen the ligament over time so that more penis is seen?

Don't waste your time and money buying Phallosan Forte from phalloextender(dot)com which PEgym is pushing very hard.

They'll take your money and you'll never hear from them, at least for many weeks or months. Their email and phone hotline are dead. No way to contact them. Just search for the hell stories of people trying to get their ordered package in this forum. They run things like scammers, but it supposedly isn't one.

Comment

What do you fellows think happens/is happening if you extend after you've had your suspensory ligaments severed ?
              My Extending Journey
              07/10/14 - 6.5" BPEL | 5.5" MSEG
              25/01/17 - 7.25" BPEL | 5.6" MSEG

♪ Keep on tuggin' —— keep on hangin' ♪

Comment

Originally posted by KFH View Post
                What do you fellows think happens/is happening if you extend after you've had your suspensory ligaments severed ?
                I think that is what the doctors recommend after the surgery.
                A real man never hurts a woman. The woman came out of a man’s rib, not from his feet to be walked on, and not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved. - Mrs. workin_4_it

Comment

With any method you use you are going to need to continue challenging yourself with greater tension and time as you progress.
                  SizeGenetics | Clinically Proven Penis Extender

Comment

Originally posted by MrB8 View Post
                    I think that is what the doctors recommend after the surgery.
                    Indeed it is and that is largely to prevent retraction, but my question is: if most people think extenders work by stretching the ligaments - what happens if they've been severed? In regards to extending, do people think the ligament stretching theory is more legitimate than the theory of hyperplasia? Is there a scientific verdict on which is the more reliable theory or are they both relevant?
                    My Extending Journey

Comment

In my opinion, they both are relevant.
                      A real man never hurts a woman. The woman came out of a man’s rib, not from his feet to be walked on, and not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved. - Mrs. workin_4_it

Comment

Originally posted by MrB8 View Post
                        In my opinion, they both are relevant.
                        That's what I'm inclined to believe too. I wonder what processes are in play if my ligs have been cut. They can't be stretched by an extender as they're not attached anymore so does that mean only hyperplasia is in play? Or at the same time is the extender incrementally pulling my penis outwards now that it isn't attached to my suspensory ligaments?

I know not many people are that bothered how it works as long as it does work but I'm just curious
                        My Extending Journey

Comment

I think the same. I never had my life cut, but I have grown well. Also girth has to be associated with something besides log surgery.
                          ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

Originally posted by KFH View Post
                            That's what I'm inclined to believe too. I wonder what processes are in play if my ligs have been cut. They can't be stretched by an extender as they're not attached anymore so does that mean only hyperplasia is in play? Or at the same time is the extender incrementally pulling my penis outwards now that it isn't attached to my suspensory ligaments?

I know not many people are that bothered how it works as long as it does work but I'm just curious
                            Extenders and hangers give you penis gains because the strain on the tunica stretches it then it grows more cells, making it longer. Your tunica runs from the base of your glans all the way back near your sphincter. The load you place on your penis from stretching it is transferred to the ligaments anchoring your penis to your pubic bone, thus the length of the tunica behind the ligaments is not strained, stretched or grows.

If you stretch your ligaments thus loosen the anchor the tunica behind the ligaments begins to be strained, stretched, and grow. This is typically called "pulling out the inner penis" which is an extremely imprecise and somewhat confusing description.

When you sever the suspensory ligament, the largest anchor in the lot, you reduce the amount of total PE work it takes to stretch the tunica behind the ligament attachment point. Hanging or extending after cutting the ligament will strain and stretch the tunica almost immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by namsokiek View Post
                              Extenders and hangers give you penis gains because the strain on the tunica stretches it then it grows more cells, making it longer. Your tunica runs from the base of your glans all the way back near your sphincter. The load you place on your penis from stretching it is transferred to the ligaments anchoring your penis to your pubic bone, thus the length of the tunica behind the ligaments is not strained, stretched or grows.

If you stretch your ligaments thus loosen the anchor the tunica behind the ligaments begins to be strained, stretched, and grow. This is typically called "pulling out the inner penis" which is an extremely imprecise and somewhat confusing description.

When you sever the suspensory ligament, the largest anchor in the lot, you reduce the amount of total PE work it takes to stretch the tunica behind the ligament attachment point. Hanging or extending after cutting the ligament will strain and stretch the tunica almost immediately.
                              That was a great explanation namsokiek
                              My Extending Journey

Comment

Working...
                              X