Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people say that penis enlargement exercises do not work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people say that penis enlargement exercises do not work?

I am not trying to advertise any b.s pills or whatever. But its funny how so many say that jelqing (which I do) and traction( which I don't) don't actually work with any evidence to back it up.

Here are some studies proving that traction (which is the stretching of the penis using a device) works.
    "One of the earliest reports into the use of PTT in patients with PD was presented at the 4th Annual European Society for Sexual and Impotence Research (ESSIR) meeting in 2001 on a small study of eight men [Scroppo et al. 2001]. The inclusion criteria for the study involved all men with minimum 3 months of PD without concomitant ED and the men were instructed to use the traction device for at least 4 h a day for a total of 3–6 months. The authors reported an increase in the mean penile length of 4.1 mm (100.5 mm before and 104.6 mm after PTT) (p > 0.05) and decrease in mean erect penile curvature (EPC) of 14° (from 34° to 20°) (p < 0.05) in this small case series. The same group also presented their later findings on the use of PTT at the ESSIR meeting in the following year. Daily use of a penile traction device for 6 h a day in men with PD and severe penile retraction was associated with a longer stretched penile length (SPL) (average 0.8 cm gain) [Colpi et al. 2002a].
    In the same meeting, the authors also reported the efficacy of PTT in ‘small penis’ treatment [Colpi et al. 2002b]. In a small series of nine men with ‘small penis’ and an initial mean SPL of 12 cm, PTT of at least 6 h per day for a minimum of 4 months resulted in the mean SPL gain of 1.8 cm (range 0–3.1cm). The majority of patients did not report significant adverse events despite the long duration of PTT. These findings were confirmed by another prospective study conducted in 23 men who complained of short penis [Nikoobakht et al. 2011]. Following PTT for 4–6 h per day during the first 2 weeks and then 9 h per day until the end of the third month with increasing traction forces during determined intervals, there was a statistically significant increased in penile length both for the flaccid (mean 8.8 ± 1.2 cm to 10.5 ± 1.2 cm) and for the stretched state (11.5 ± 1 cm to 13.2 ± 1.4 cm), after 3 months of use. Despite the significant increase in the circumference of the glans penis following PTT use, this study did not demonstrate any significant change in the proximal penile girth and the increase in distal penile girth was likely attributed to glans enhancement. In contrast, negligible changes in penile girth after 6 months of PTT were reported in a pilot prospective study in men with short penis [Gontero et al. 2008].

See: Penile traction therapy and Peyronie?s disease: a state of art review of the current literature
    and more evidence:
    Our findings supported the efficacy of the device in increasing penile length. Our result also suggested the possibility of glans penis girth enhancement using penile extender. Performing more studies is recommended.

Source: Effect of penile-extender device in increasing penile size in men with shortened penis: preliminary results. - PubMed - NCBI

Traction can give you about .5 inches in length and some girth as well.

I have not read any studies on jelqing (which is similar to traction) but I have read hundreds of posts on P.E forums in which users swore that it worked and posted results.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by frogdon; 07-18-2016, 01:06 PM.

Thoughts? I have many; which ones would you like to hear. Hey here's a thought; why are you here?
    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
      Thoughts? I have many; which ones would you like to hear. Hey here's a thought; why are you here?
      I am just trying to encourage those who think P.E doesn't work by providing scientific sources. I am also giving those who already do P.E some justification for doing it.
      Last edited by frogdon; 07-18-2016, 01:26 PM.

Comment

I have jelqed on and off for years, and more recently since Nov of 2015 I have had growth. So jelqing does work. Many scientist don't want to acknowledge it, that is all.
        Start (11.7.15)
        BPFSL/4.8 FG/2.8 BPEL/5.2 EG/4.5

Current (3/11/16)
        BPFSL/6 FG/3.0 BPEL/5.75 EG/4.75

Current Goal:
        BPFSL: 6.25 inches
        BPEL: 6 inches

Full Goal:
        BPEL: 7 inches EG: 5.5 inches

Amar y no ser amado es tiempo mal empleado.
        (To love and not be loved is time spent in vain.)

Comment

Originally posted by frogdon View Post
          I am just trying to encourage those who think P.E doesn't work by providing scientific sources. I am also giving those who already do P.E some justification for doing it.

Why don't you < profanity removed > instead of posting negative crap?
          I can see you're going to get along just fine here!

Want to edit that post before I make you?
          Tamora
          Retired Super Moderator
          Member of the Month Aug 2015
          PEGym Hero
          Last edited by Tamora; 07-18-2016, 01:37 PM.
          The name's Tamora...TVR Tamora...with a capital "T".

Lots of living to do yet unseen and a more stories yet untold!

Comment

Originally posted by Tamora View Post
            I can see you're going to get along just fine here!

Want to edit that post before I make you?
            Sorry about that. I went ahead and edited my original post.

Comment

Sorry about that. I went ahead and edited my original post.
              I don't need an apology but I think it may be prudent to offer Cusp one.

Read the rules before posting and try to engage your brain before your mouth in future, otherwise you will find your stay here short-lived.

Now, where were we...?

Comment

Who are "people"?

If you mean scientists, there simply are no studies. Hence they can't say that it works, but they also shouldn't say it doesn't work.
                If you mean doctors, they can suggest a device that is clinically proven to work. Why would they suggest something that isn't proven to work, but that can lead to injury if done incorrectly? Unless they wanted to lose their license?
                If you mean "common people", they can be found on this forum and they say that it does work...

Also, this topic has been done many, many times before. A simple search should reveal all the other reasons.
                -- If it ain't rock hard, then it ain't worth doing

Comment

Some how the people here know what works, what doesn't, if it works; how many times do we need to hear that?

Now what exactly were you encouraging me to do? I hope it's something good because I'm having a yucky day.

Oh and welcome to the gym.

Comment

PE works???

Who knew??

Good seein' ya CUSP
                    You never slow down, you never grow old!

Comment

You won't ever see scientific studies on jelqing. Not because " it doesn't work" but because the logistics of such a study are almost impossible. In the end, no matter how you arrange the study, you end up with anecdotal evidence. Which may be true, but does not qualify as science.

It is a lot easier to organize a study that uses pe devices and control for variables and have professional measuring. Still all those studies will still suffer from small sample size.
                      How did I get here?

Well I was looking for Pygmy.com (I gotta thing for small people, so what), and ended up here.
                      And I've been here ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
                        Now what exactly were you encouraging me to do?
                        I encourage you to have a beer, eat some cookies, and try not to go full THUNDER GOD on the noobs.

;D
                        How did I get here?

Well I was looking for Pygmy.com (I gotta thing for small people, so what), and ended up here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenously View Post
                          You won't ever see scientific studies on jelqing. Not because " it doesn't work" but because the logistics of such a study are almost impossible. In the end, no matter how you arrange the study, you end up with anecdotal evidence. Which may be true, but does not qualify as science.

It is a lot easier to organize a study that uses pe devices and control for variables and have professional measuring. Still all those studies will still suffer from small sample size.
                          Yep...you'd need one of Jackxxx's jelqing machines to eliminate the infinite variables involved.

Comment

Oh froggy froggy froggy....... I just saw you had profanity removed toward Cusp.

Bad idea.....shouldn't poke the bear.
                            How did I get here?

Comment

Hey Rav I have been very good with the last three new guys that told me to do something that is physically impossible. The fourth one might not be so lucky!

Comment

Working...
                              X