Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kegels (hints&questions)

Hy Guys,

I read on a lot of forums, sites, e-books and so on what a normal, everyday, regular kegel routine should be. So I started one (to be read lower on the page). As I began working my way up, i noticed that it simply wasn't enough (or so it seemed), so i added up a little bit. In 3 weeks after the start of the exercises I was able to STOP my ejaculation by clenching and holding my pc muscle for about 15 seconds. I felt absolutely no fatigue of the muscle or any other negative respond form my body. I don't feel it now neither so i decided to ask you experienced guys if I'm overtraining or if this routine should be normal.

Here is the routine I began with and continued (and eventually want to continue with)

Week 1

Exercise 1
    Sets: 3 Quickly clench and release repeatedly for 10 seconds. Take a 10-second break between sets.

Exercise 2
    Sets: 10
    Clench and release repeatedly for 5 seconds. Take a 5-second break between sets.

Exercise 3
    Sets: 3
    Tighten and hold your PC muscle for 30 seconds. Take a 30 second break between sets.

Week 2 every day
    Exercise 1
    Sets 10
    Clench and hold your PC muscle for 5 seconds. Take a 5-second break between sets

Exercise 2
    Quickly clench and release your PC muscle 10 times. Take a 10-second break between sets.

Exercise 3
    Clench and release your PC muscle alternatively in long and short bursts for counts of 10.

Exercise 4
    Sets 1
    Tighten your PC muscle and hold for as long as you can. Aim for 2 minutes.

Week 3 every day
    Exercise 1
    Sets 2
    75 pc-flutters (1 quickly, 1 normal) - I've done usually 1 in the morning and one in the evening
    pc flutter meaning clenching and releasing the muscle.

Exercise 2
    Sets 25
    twice a day (so that makes it 50/day) 15 seconds clench and hold. 15 seconds break. - also one in the morning and one in the evening

Week 4 every day
    Exercise 1
    Sets 2
    150 pc flutters (1 quickly 1 normal) - one set mornings and 1 set in the evening

Exercise 2
    Sets 2
    Tighten and hold the pc muscle for 2 minutes. - same as above (1 morning/1 evening)

Week 5
    Exercise 1
    Sets 2
    200 pc flutters (1 quick 1 normal) - as usual, 1 morning 1 evening

Exercise 2
    Sets 15
    twice a day (total of 30/day)30 seconds clench and hold, 30 sec break. And you guessed it, 1 set in the morning, 1 set in the evening

Week 6 - This is where I currently am, just started it.
    Exercise 1
    Sets 2
    250 pc flutters - exactly, one quick/one normal in the morning and in the evening

Exercise 2
    Sets 2
    2 min and 30 sec pc clench and hold one in the morning and one in the evening.

Next week (week 7) it will be something like this:
    Exercise 1
    Sets 2
    300 pc flutters same as above

Exercise 2
    Sets 15
    twice a day 30 sec pc clench and hold with 30 secs break btw sets

After that week 8 (and this is where I want to remain for a couple of months)
    Exercise 1
    Sets 2
    350 pc flutter twice a day, same as above

Exercise 2
    Sets 2
    3 min pc clench and hold twice a day, same as above

Please feel free to say your opinion about this kegel routine.
    Trace
    Last edited by Trace; 03-02-2010, 01:17 AM.

Welcome to the Gym, Trace.
    How do you feel?
    How is your EQ (Erection Quality)?
    Pirate Diplomacy:
    The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Remember: If done right, there is no such thing as safe sex.

Comment

That's a hell of a kegel workout, but any PEing in there?

Comment

@ calixto
        I started PE just last week (I wanted first of all to read as much as possible about it), so I can't really tell much about it. JP's 90 day Beginner routine sounded good for me so I decided to give it a try, although at first I wanted to start another program.

This thread is actually more about kegels. It sounds like a lot of work, but I really feel just fine doing it. Do you think it's over-training even though I don't feel any negative effects? Should I cut down a little bit?

@ Pirate99
        Thanks for the welcome message!

My erection is fine, no complaints about it. Perhaps after week 10 I will start doing some Power Kegels just in case and cut down on normal Kegels.
        What do you think about this kegel routine?

Comment

Do the math for me: how many minutes per week are you kegeling?
          Pirate Diplomacy:
          The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Comment

Well, it depends. As you can see I gradually increase the intensity. The calculation is made per day, not per week.

Week 1 - about 5 minutes
            Week 2 - about 10 minutes
            Week 3 - 2 times/day about 15 minutes
            Week 4 - 2 times/day about 10 minutes (decrease in intensity, but increase in pc hold)
            Week 5 - 2 times/day ~ 17 minutes (increase intensity, decrease pc hold duration)
            Week 6 - 2 times/day ~ 8 minutes (decrease intensity, increase pc hold duration)
            Week 7 - 2 times/day ~ 18 minutes (same story, increase intensity, decrease pc hold duration)
            Week 8 - 2 times/day ~ 9 minutes (...)

The ideea of this exercise is to alternate between the intensity of the exercise (examples are shown above) and the duration of the pc hold muscle. The first 2 or 3 weeks are essentially in order to have a "base" where you can build on.

Is it too intense?
            Trace
            Last edited by Trace; 03-02-2010, 01:34 AM.

Comment

If it's good for you then it's good for you. If I notice the lack of ability to control my kegels while edging then I know I have over trained slightly.
              Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
              Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
              Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
              http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

Originally posted by Trace View Post
                Well, it depends. As you can see I gradually increase the intensity. The calculation is made per day, not per week.

Week 1 - about 5 minutes
                Week 2 - about 10 minutes
                Week 3 - 2 times/day about 15 minutes
                Week 4 - 2 times/day about 10 minutes (decrease in intensity, but increase in pc hold)
                Week 5 - 2 times/day ~ 17 minutes (increase intensity, decrease pc hold duration)
                Week 6 - 2 times/day ~ 8 minutes (decrease intensity, increase pc hold duration)
                Week 7 - 2 times/day ~ 18 minutes (same story, increase intensity, decrease pc hold duration)
                Week 8 - 2 times/day ~ 9 minutes (...)

The ideea of this exercise is to alternate between the intensity of the exercise (examples are shown above) and the duration of the pc hold muscle. The first 2 or 3 weeks are essentially in order to have a "base" where you can build on.

Is it too intense?
                If you were just starting it, I would be worried about overtraining in weeks 2 and 3 but you got past that and all is well! I like the alternating durations and intensity.
                Are you doing this every day? I am a believer in the importance of rest because I didn't give myself enough of it. I think you should switch to every other day at the first sign of negative PI's.
                Let us know how it goes!
                Pirate Diplomacy:

Comment

Originally posted by NP97 View Post
                  If it's good for you then it's good for you. If I notice the lack of ability to control my kegels while edging then I know I have over trained slightly.
                  I truly think it's good for me because I don't feel any negative effects of this routine, like I said before. I would also recommend this routine to anyone who wants to build up rapidly and efficient. Perhaps it wouldn't work for everyone, perhaps one in a hundred, but if that "one" has the potential, then it would [FONT=&quot]definitely be worth.

Originally posted by [/FONT
                  Pirate99]
                  You are perfectly right. I share the same opinion. After you finish week 3 with no negative PI's then you can consider yourself lucky.
                  I do these exercises every day. I personally consider that doing these exercises every other day wouldn't have the same "gains" as doing them every day.

What kind of routine do you exercise Pirate99?

I'm sorry but I don't live in an english-speaking country. I hope that you can understand well what I'm trying to say/write. If not, than simply ask me to rephrase.

Comment

Trace = the kegel god

Comment

Originally posted by calixto View Post
                      Trace = the kegel god
                      LOL, I only wish that would be true.

What kind of routine do you do calixto?

Comment

really I just kegel when I pee, I need to do more, any ideas?

Oh and I usually kegel with PE stretch reps too. Adds to the intensity.
                        calixto
                        PE Gym Editor
                        PEGym Hero
                        Last edited by calixto; 03-03-2010, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Well, it depends on what goals you have.

If you want to permanently stop premature ejaculation, then doing more would have a great effect. BUT no overtraining.

If you want to have orgasms without ejaculating (without suffering from premature ejaculation), then doing a moderate routine would be good. For example, building up until week 3 and stopping at that week. The following weeks will follow the same exercises as those of the third week.

If you just want to keep your sexual organs in good health, then doing kegels every other day would be a good ideea.
                          This is my personal opinion about kegels, regarding my personal experience.

Regarding PE... well, I don't know that just yet because I'm a beginner in this field. After several weeks of "test drives" I will be able to tell you my opinion. If you would want to hear it that is.

Comment

Trace,
                            Your English is great and you express yourself very well. Thanks for making the effort.
                            I am currently taking a break but before that my every-other-day routine was:
                            Morning workout:
                            15 kegel holds for 1 minute
                            30 kegel holds for 30 seconds
                            Rapid kegels for 10 minutes
                            Total workout: 40 minutes

Afternoon workout:
                            10 kegel holds for 1 minute
                            20 kegel holds for 30 seconds
                            Rapid kegels for 10 minutes
                            Total workout: 30 minutes
                            Pirate Diplomacy:

Comment

Now that is a hell of a routine.

For how long have you been doing kegels before you started this routine? I think it took you a wile to build up.

Comment

Working...
                              X