Is progression necessary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is progression necessary?

Is progression needed for gains, or can you continue doing the same routine? For instance if you gain doing a certain routine, do you continue until gains stop or increase to meet your "quota"? I am going 1on/3off 600 (2sec jelqs) along with 30min edging.

So far my PI'S have been great and hopefully I will see gains. I planned to increase jelqs by 100 and edging duration by 10minutes every 3 weeks for a total of 3 months. I plan to measure every 3rd week before the increase of the routine. If I gain during this first 3 weeks should i continue with the same workouts (duration/jelqs)?

Good question! I would like to know the answer to this as it would have a significant impact on routine planning. For now I am under the impression that we DO need to keep moving. If the routine is working then fantastic! But it shouldn't halt the progression; progression in small increments however.
    Initial: 12.2 x 11.5 (BPEL)
    Current: 16 x 12.7 (BPEL)
    Goal:
    • Short-term: 17 x 14 (BPEL)

You can enjoy my log here:
    https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...-dicktory.html

Comment

Stop right there, before we go any further. Is it working? Then don't change a thing. Is it growing? Then don't change a thing. Sung to Meatloaf song Paradise BT the dashboard lights.

If you are gaining don't go up. Wait to maximize gains at the level you are succeeding at.
      ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

Appreciate the response. When I first ran JP90 I continued progression regardless of gaining. Now that I lost my notebook I will never know how I gained before. I am trying to start something new now hoping that it works.

Comment

Bummer about the notebook. Maybe start a progress journal here at PEGym. Then your notes will be there as you progress.
          ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

Exactly.....I was going to suggest the same thing. But, keep in mind that it is indeed very public. Well, anonymous, but available for all to see.

I like to use the weight lifting | body building example for this....

When we first start, we have a program in place (making a huge assumption). A few things happen:

1. At first, our body is super sore because of the new exercises that we are doing
            2. Somewhat quickly, however, our body gets over being sore.
            3. At this time, our bodies change. Muscle Mass increases, body fat declines, etc etc etc.
            4. We keep doing the same work outs because "if it aint broke, dont fix it".
            5. At some point in time (for most, usually at four to six weeks) we plateau. That is where our body is now used to the program at hand and does not respond any more. So, growth stops.
            6. At this point in time we need to change up the program.

Very same things happen here. Maybe different time frames, but same exact concept.

So, as Wishful stated, if you are still making gains (be that in erection quality, or in length or in girth) keep on keeping on! Once things stop improving for a bit, then consider a change. Assuming, of course, that you are not experiencing any negative PIs.
            Start: August, 2017
            Start: 5.50inches BPEL x 5.125inches MEG
            Goal: 7.0inches BPEL x 6.0inches MEG
            Focus: AMAZING EQ! A strong and balanced Pelvic Floor!! Awesome Hip Flexibility!!!

Comment

Eventually, if you reach a point to where your training no longer stresses your penis you're going to need to do something on order to elicit a new adaptation.
              Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

So if it's working don't change a damn thing.. But what if the thing that is working is the small incremental change of every week? Then keep what you are doing?
                So it's not about not changing but rather keeping what is working.
                Am I getting this right?
                Initial: 12.2 x 11.5 (BPEL)
                Current: 16 x 12.7 (BPEL)
                Goal:
                • Short-term: 17 x 14 (BPEL)

You can enjoy my log here:
                https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...-dicktory.html

Comment

You'll likely have to up the intensity, volume, or add more exercises to your routine sometime. Recently I've been slowly increasing workload and I had my first girth gains over January and pretty good length gains as well. Think of it like adding 5-10 pounds or another small set to a chest exercise after a couple of weeks, nothing dramatic but more intense or higher volume.
                  Start
                  BPEL: 6.75-7"(not a good measurement)
                  BEG: 5ish (not a good measurement)

Current (4/10/2018)
                  BPEL: 8"
                  MSEG: 5.375-5.45"

Goal
                  BPEL: 8"+
                  MSEG: 6"

Comment

IMHO you need to take a long term view of the process.
                    I alternate between phases of intense and maintenance. A few months of just conditioning then a few months of intense work.
                    03/2015 Start <Able to last ~ 2 mins PIV>
                    Thread
                    12/2019 EL: +2.2 MEG: +1 <Able to last 60+ mins PIV>

Comment

I tried comparing PE to gym workouts but it didn't work for me. I always progress in weights every week in the gym compared to monthly increases in PE.

Comment

Hey, man! Not disagreeing with you....not one bit!

But, the concept is - from my perspective - the same thing. It is the timing that might differ. But, we all do things differently.....so if that analogy does not work for you then it does not work for you. No worries!

What analogy does work for you? If it works for you then it might work for others, too?
                        Start: August, 2017
                        Start: 5.50inches BPEL x 5.125inches MEG
                        Goal: 7.0inches BPEL x 6.0inches MEG
                        Focus: AMAZING EQ! A strong and balanced Pelvic Floor!! Awesome Hip Flexibility!!!

Comment

Not sure, I have to "find myself" when it comes to PE again. I'm basically starting over. I'll see what happens when these 3 weeks are over to know if i need to increase. I'm just going to take it safe; if no gain, then increase. Instead of overtraining and re-evaluating.

Comment

Originally posted by BvckWood View Post
                            I tried comparing PE to gym workouts but it didn't work for me. I always progress in weights every week in the gym compared to monthly increases in PE.
                            This type of training is better compared to gymnastics or even yoga than traditional gym workouts in the way penile tissues are affected.
                            Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Should kegels have progression aswell, or can I just do my usual 100 kegel/reverse 50 5 second holds every other day?

Comment

Working...
                              X