Broke My Ruler. What Would You Do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broke My Ruler. What Would You Do?

I've always used one ruler but I snapped it in half by accident yesterday. I put it back together with two bulldog clips and it's sturdy and measures the same, but it feels sketchy to use it. I have a tape measure except I measure almost 1/8 of an inch less with it.

I see people say it doesn't matter how you measure as long as you measure the same. So from now on should I continue to use the ruler I broke, use the tape measure and add 1/8th to it, or use the tape measure and record the exact measurement from it even though it's different?

Buy a new ruler.
    The name's Tamora...TVR Tamora...with a capital "T".

Lots of living to do yet unseen and a more stories yet untold!

Comment

Lmao ^ pure genius.
      You never slow down, you never grow old!

Comment

Hi Have my own design if you want one its 15 bucks plus P&P to the states.

PM me if your interested.

NOWHARD

Comment

If you are pressing so hard during measurements that you broke your ruler, you are taking the term "Bone Pressed" a little too literally, You don't need that much pressure

Comment

google ruler length and make your own ruler
            Size Changes
            5.2 Inches x 4 Inches (20/05/17)
            5 3/4 Inches (BPEL) x 4 1/2 Inches (Base Girth)(01/06/18)
            Goals> 7.5 x 5.5

Progress Log

Comment

I appreciate the humor but I was serious.

The ruler I had is an old wooden one with no brand on it, even if I buy a new one it will probably measure different anyway.

I keep the ruler in a drawer in my desk, when I closed it I wasn't paying attention and it was only half way in so when I closed the drawer it snapped.

Comment

Originally posted by slunk View Post
                I appreciate the humor but I was serious.

The ruler I had is an old wooden one with no brand on it, even if I buy a new one it will probably measure different anyway.

I keep the ruler in a drawer in my desk, when I closed it I wasn't paying attention and it was only half way in so when I closed the drawer it snapped.
                Just buy another wooden ruler. A gain is a gain.
                The name's Tamora...TVR Tamora...with a capital "T".

Lots of living to do yet unseen and a more stories yet untold!

Comment

Lmao, i think you are good tho if you buy a new one is not gonna be off by a centimeter or anything like that. Rules all measure out the same...

Comment

You can buy a ruler for cheap, you don't need to spend more than a few bucks.

I got a pretty pink glittery plastic ruler from an office Depot for 25 cents. But I buy my rulers from the dollar store, cut them down to my next length goal and train until I reach that goal.
                    Sex is the great leveler, taste the great divider. - Pauline Kael

Comment

Well I have a tape measure as I said above. A new ruler isn't an issue. I'll just start recording based off that even though it's slightly different.

Comment

Just dont measure for a month its no big deal, you might be surprise at what you see after

Comment

Take a wooden dowel and Mark the length on the dowel. Keep the dowel showing the marks over time. Measure the marks with the old ruler so you don't have to push. Dowel idea compliments of Party. I think his new avatar may be a backside selfie.
                          ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

Originally posted by Wishful10x8 View Post
                            Take a wooden dowel and Mark the length on the dowel. Keep the dowel showing the marks over time. Measure the marks with the old ruler so you don't have to push. Dowel idea compliments of Party. I think his new avatar may be a backside selfie.
                            I did this with a piece of paper, i still have it from my first "measurements" it feels really good to see it now and compare the differences

Comment

Originally posted by Wishful10x8 View Post
                              Huh, I never thought to do that.
                              slunk
                              Member of the Month July 2017
                              Last edited by slunk; 06-04-2017, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X