Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't think I'm measuring correctly, any help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think I'm measuring correctly, any help?

Hey, so I just posted a picture of my penis in my album. On it you can see (I hope) more or less how I measure BPEL. I'm using only one hand to show how deep into the fat pad I typically press the tape measure, since the other hand is obviously holding the camera. I am forced to use a tape measure because of the monumental curve on my penis (as you can see in the picture). For a regular measurement, I would be straightening the tape more, as it's a bit slack in the picture since I'm only using one hand, so I'm really asking mostly about how far into the fat pad I am pressing.

So essentially, what I wanted to know was, am I measuring my BPEL correctly? I have a feeling that I am pressing way too much into the fat pad, as there is a slight depression immediately above the shaft, which I think is where the suspensory ligaments are located, and that's where I press into to measure BPEL. Is this how we are meant to measure? Or am I giving myself super generous measurements?

And yes, I am aware that I am meant to keep measuring the same way from start to finish to better track gains, but I wanted to know if this is the same way everyone else measures, and if this is my 'real' size or am I giving myself a fake half inch extra. For instance, in all those official data collecting surveys about BPEL, is this the way they measure?

And since we're on this, after having seen my penis curvature, any tips on how to straighten it? Is it even possible to straighten it with such an ungodly bend?

Link to my album: https://www.pegym.com/forums/members...-official.html

PS: Sorry for my ogre hands taking up so much space.
    PPS: Also sorry about the lighting, it's a really orange light bulb.
    UglyBoy
    Last edited by UglyBoy; 06-15-2017, 02:08 PM.
    My Progress Log - The Pink Mile
    Start - 24/03/2017: 6.0 BPEL; 4.75 MEG; 4.88 BEG
    Current - 24/07/2017: 6.5 BPEL; 5.0 MEG; 5.13 BEG
    1st Goal: 8.0 BPEL; 6.0 MEG; 6.0 BEG

Are those boxer shorts, plaid ? I got plenty of those.

The most important aspect of measuring your self, is to
    < insert drum roll here>
    Always measure the same way each time,

*AND*

<clash of cowbell>
    and try to have about the same Erection level each time.

This is so you can evaluate your progress over time, adjust you routines,etc.

Fine by me if you want to fudge in a fake half inch, jut be happy !
    Dangler
    Senior Administrator
    ☼ Wizard ☼
    White Tiger Award 2015
    Last edited by Dangler; 06-15-2017, 03:29 PM.
    Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
    Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangler View Post
      Are those boxer shorts, plaid ? I got plenty of those.

The most important aspect of measuring your self, is to
      < insert drum roll here>
      Always measure the same way each time,

*AND*

<clash of cowbell>
      and try to have about the same Erection level each time.

This is so you can evaluate your progress over time, adjust you routines,etc.
      Why yes they are, I have about 20 of them cause they're just pleasantly simple and incredibly comfortable.

I've done my best to measure the same way and have a full erection (as close to 100% as I can) every time I measure. And I'm not saying I'm gonna start measuring it differently to track my gains, but in the picture I posted, am I pressing too far into the fat pad?

Comment

Originally posted by Dangler View Post
        Fine by me if you want to fudge in a fake half inch, jut be happy !
        Meaning, I am in fact pressing too far in, yeah?

Comment

Well bone pressed is bone pressed. You press the ruler in til it touches the pubic bone. Angles are where it gets a bit sketchy, by moving the ruler around a bit you should be able to feel where the bone angles away from the exterior of your body. Straight on is a bit more accurate.

Bone pressed (straight in) is not fudging a half inch. Unless you're obese your fat pad will compress when having sex. This is why most guys have a different "useable" penis length than the apparent (non bone pressed) length.
          How did I get here?

Well I was looking for Pygmy.com (I gotta thing for small people, so what), and ended up here.
          And I've been here ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenously View Post
            Well bone pressed is bone pressed. You press the ruler in til it touches the pubic bone. Angles are where it gets a bit sketchy, by moving the ruler around a bit you should be able to feel where the bone angles away from the exterior of your body. Straight on is a bit more accurate.

Bone pressed (straight in) is not fudging a half inch. Unless you're obese your fat pad will compress when having sex. This is why most guys have a different "useable" penis length than the apparent (non bone pressed) length.

So when the bone angles inwards, away from the exterior of the body, is that where I should be pressing?

Cause I mean, the deepest point the tape hits when I'm measuring I don't think can be 'reached' by pressing the fat pad, as it's going 'under' the pubic bone I think. I'm basically touching the ligaments with the end of the measuring tape. Also it's a bit difficult to measure straight on because of the curve, and because there is a strip of ligament (I think) that is right in the centre and doesn't allow me to press further in.

Comment

I don't find tape rulers to be very accurate for penis measurements, mostly because our finger that holds the soft ruler at the pubic area skews the ruler easily. But I can see how you would want to use a soft ruler due to the curve of your penis. Anyway, the method of measuring is important mostly for you - unless there is a penis measuring contest here. (Which tends to start wars.)

Your hand (body memory) should start to remember locating the exact point at the pubic bone area in no time. The same goes with the same amount of pressure that you feel to apply. You can also use an additional try square ruler like this for a more accurate way to notice a progress:

try square.jpg

As to straightening a curvature, I believe people have had a success with an ADS / extender. I have also read about jelqing the direction that goes away from the curve, but this may be a theory and not a consensus. Anyone?
              ino
              Member of the Month June 2017
              Last edited by ino; 06-15-2017, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ino View Post
                I don't find tape rulers to be very accurate for penis measurements, mostly because our finger that holds the soft ruler at the pubic area skews the ruler easily. But I can see how you would want to use a soft ruler due to the curve of your penis. Anyway, the method of measuring is important mostly for you - unless there is a penis measuring contest here. (Which tends to start wars.)

Your hand (body memory) should start to remember locating the exact point at the pubic bone area after no time. The same goes with the same amount of pressure that you feel to apply. You can also use an additional try square ruler like this for a more accurate way to notice a progress:

[ATTACH]89260[/ATTACH]

As to straightening a curvature, I believe people have had a success with an ADS / extender. I have also read about jelqing the direction that goes away from the curve, but this may be a theory and not a consensus. Anyone?
                Not for a penis measuring contest, but I'd just like to know what exactly am I working with, you know?

I've gotten fairly used to measuring from the same spot and applying the same pressure over time. But I'm just not sure if the way I posted is the way I should be measuring, cause it's slightly to the side (cause of the curve) and might be way too far inside. And I'd rather know how large my penis actually is, than giving myself a super generous measurement.

As for jelqing against the curve to straighten it, I've been doing it for months now and it doesn't seem to have improved. I think I need something more specific and 'aggressive' to correct the curvature.

Comment

I measure with the same tape, but i touch the petal piece end of the tape to my skin so its pretty accurate..... specially since im skinny and dont fluctuate in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyBoy View Post
                    I'd rather know how large my penis actually is, than giving myself a super generous measurement.

As for jelqing against the curve to straighten it, I've been doing it for months now and it doesn't seem to have improved. I think I need something more specific and 'aggressive' to correct the curvature.
                    I don't quite understand your predicament regarding actual penis size. If you mean for practical use, that would be non-bone pressed, (or just a slight pressure toward your pubic bone, just as much as that area will depress a bit during intercourse). And in your case, to follow the curvature with a soft ruler as you showed on the picture, could be a good idea to take into consideration. A curved penis should "fill" just as well as a straight penis. As for actual bone-pressed size, for purpose of consistent measuring, it is as good as you get the ruler pushed well toward your pubic bone. Not until you bleed of course. You should get the feel of it soon, as I said.

The aggressive form of straightening a curvature would be a program with ADS, in my opinion. 10-12 tedious hours a day. Even that may not promise 100% success.
                    ino
                    Member of the Month June 2017
                    Last edited by ino; 06-15-2017, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Find a clear cylindrical tube (a tall glass, a vase, old school penis pump cylinder ect..) that is longer than your bpel and bigger than your max girth.

Glue a paper or fabric tape to the top.

Insert your erect penis into it and push as if your thrusting into your partner.

When the rim touches your pubic bone and your penis is at the deepest point. That is your useable penis length.

Kinda like the sit and reach test on the presidential fitness test they give you in junior high.

.......But, for your dick.
                      How did I get here?

Well I was looking for Pygmy.com (I gotta thing for small people, so what), and ended up here.
                      And I've been here ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by ino View Post
                        I don't quite understand your predicament regarding actual penis size. If you mean for practical use, that would be non-bone pressed, (or just a slight pressure toward your pubic bone, just as much as that area will depress a bit during intercourse). And in your case, to follow the curvature with a soft ruler as you showed on the picture, could be a good idea to take into consideration. A curved penis should "fill" just as well as a straight penis. As for actual bone-pressed size, for purpose of consistent measuring, it is as good as you get the ruler pushed well toward your pubic bone. Not until you bleed of course. You should get the feel of it soon, as I said.

The aggressive form of straightening a curvature would be a program with ADS, in my opinion. 10-12 tedious hours a day. Even that may not promise 100% success.
                        What I wanted to know was, for instance, how far into the fat pad does everyone else around here press compared to me? And the most recent data collection where the average size for a penis seems to be quoted from, how far into the fat pad were they pressing?

I want to do things properly, not just how it might suit me for whatever reason.

I'm not saying I'm gonna stop measuring the way I am measuring right now, I know that would make me lose track of my gains.

I just want to know how to measure BPEL properly.

Comment

When measuring bpel I push a plastic ruler in to the fat pad until it bottoms out. It doesn't bleed or anything but it is slightly uncomfortable.

Comment

I didn't have a ruler but I had an extra paint stir stick, and I used a measuring tape to mark it in quarter inch increments. I measure just as Schlonging said, I press it in until it stops.
                            2/07/17 Start BPEL 6.00 MEG 5.00
                            Current BPEL 6.5 MEG 5.5

I'm not saying doing PE has boosted my confidence but I have been practicing handsfree helicopter shakes... :becky:

Comment

Originally posted by Schlonging View Post
                              When measuring bpel I push a plastic ruler in to the fat pad until it bottoms out. It doesn't bleed or anything but it is slightly uncomfortable.
                              That's what I've taken to doing now.

I'm at least confident I get a much more accurate measurement this way.

It's a shame that it knocked me back quite a few 1/8ths of an inch down from my latest measurement, but at least it's closer to the truth.

Comment

Working...
                              X