Penis size fluctuations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penis size fluctuations

The size of your erection varies every single time. Your size fluctuates constantly and it depends on many factors. It even depends on the temperature in the room. You will never get the same measurement twice (scientifically speaking). Whenever I give in a lab report, I must calculate the uncertainty on every instrument that was used during the lab.

So if you measure your penis and it comes to 7.00 inches (for example)..you will have to look at the uncertainty on your ruler, which could be something like 1/32 inch. So your measurement would be 7.00 more or less 1/32 inch.

Quote: "Each instrument has an inherent amount of uncertainty in its measurement. Even the most precise measuring device cannot give the actual value because to do so would require an infinitely precise instrument. A measure of the accuracy of an instrument is given by its uncertainty. As a good rule of thumb, the uncertainty of a measuring device is 50% of the least count. Recall that the least count is the smallest subdivision given on the measuring device. The uncertainty of the measurement should be given with the actual measurement, for example, 41.64 ą 0.05 cm. "
    Source: Instrument Uncertainty and Least Count

When you measure your penis, you will have to keep track of your physiological uncertainty. Depending on a variety of things, your erections will always fluctuate. How much blood is in the penis? How expanded is the tissue? The penis is a sponge therefore it's size and shape is always different. It's not like a tooth that is always hard (in fact, even your tooth size varies slightly). If you wanna get REALLY scientific, you can say that there is uncertainty in the way your eyes pick up the light photons which allow you to see the ruler and the measurement (the light in your room is another factor).

So you really dont have to worry so much about measuring every single day, because it'll be different.
    Starting stats: October 15th, 2008 - NBPEL: 6.25' EG: 5.00'

Current stats October 15th, 2009 - (100% erection) NBPEL: 7.20' EG: 5.375'

Goal: NBPEL: 8' EG: 6' (objective: girth)

TGC Theory

A man should not strive to eliminate his complexes but to get into accord with them: they are legitimately what directs his conduct in the world. -Sigmund Freud

You always have interesting posts man.
    Nov 22 2011 BPEL- 7.25'' Girth 5.1''

Comment

Great thread Radiohead i think im going to have to give you rep points for it.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

I agree, Kingpole. He deserves rep points on this one. It is so, so true, that our size fluctuates due to many factors, some of which we are not even aware, including the measuring device. Why does my dick elongate to such incredible lengths as I awake in the morning from a rock hard woody? This is only one of the variables I have yet to fathom.

Comment

I think a lot of guys measure only occasionally so as not to get disappointed if they have no gains, or so they can (hopefully) see bigger gains in between measurements. But I have often wonder if it might not be better to measure quite often instead, so that you can control for measurement error over time and detect general trends that you might miss if, for example, it turned out that the one day you picked to measure was just a bad one for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Batwoman View Post
            I think a lot of guys measure only occasionally so as not to get disappointed if they have no gains, or so they can (hopefully) see bigger gains in between measurements. But I have often wonder if it might not be better to measure quite often instead, so that you can control for measurement error over time and detect general trends that you might miss if, for example, it turned out that the one day you picked to measure was just a bad one for you.
            You dont even have a penis and you figured it out!

TGC Theory

A man should not strive to eliminate his complexes but to get into accord with them: they are legitimately what directs his conduct in the world. -Sigmund Freud

Comment

Geat idea, Batwoman! That's my m.o.!!

Comment

I think I have to agree with Batwoman on this. I'm just beginning pe and I've been having a somewhat difficult time deciding what I should consider my pre-pe measurement because it always seem to be slightly different. give or take a few 1/8's of an inch. So I've been trying to measure pretty often so I can find a sensible average.

BTW thanks radiohead and others who bring out the science of pe. Makes this all more "real" and easier to grasp.

Comment

Thought I'd bump the thread back up so others can see it.

TGC Theory

Comment

This is a great thread, thx Radio.

To make up for the degree of uncertainly in my ruler and in my eyes, I'm going to always round up to the next 1/8" of an inch
                    Starting: NBPEL 4.5" (Feb 10)
                    Current: NBPEL 5.3" (May 10)
                    Sometimes there just aren't enough rocks

Comment

Here's another reason to measure more frequently: If you don't make gains to speak of, and you don't measure for, let's say three months or more, it can be damned disappointing, enough to make you just give up. If you measure more frequently, you can tweak your routine some and not waste your time. Of course, there is also another take on this. Sometimes we need several months of the same sustained routine before we start to gain. I know that was true for me. But, then again, I always wondered if it was the shock of adding the multiple stretches to my long, intense jelqing routine that finally convinced my pecker that I was not kidding about this whole process. Man, I feel like a fiddler on the roof here.

Comment

I agree here with everyone, and in fact measuring often may indeed be better, however, I have also found that simply measuring when you have that "It sure looks HUGE today" feeling that I have gotten from my PE journey along the way is what has kept me super motivated.

This is why I posted a recent (tonight) post to a newbie and his measuring often.

My bottom line is this: You should measure ESPECIALLY when you have a "hunch" that something is different, in addition to routine measurements. Some days EQ is just better for whatever reason.

But 411 and Radiohead are spot on!
                        calixto
                        PE Gym Editor
                        PEGym Hero
                        Last edited by calixto; 03-31-2010, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Hey, what about me?

Comment

We love you batwoman.

Comment

Originally posted by Batwoman View Post
                              Don't measure too often. I feel like if you measure say once a week and see no gains you may be tempted to change something. Measuring often, but not too often is key to finding what works right.
                              Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
                              Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
                              Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
                              http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

Working...
                              X