X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PE can cause Penile cancer??

So I found this:
    (Not a direct quote)

" In an eye-opening study published in Science (magazine), researchers report the majority of cancer types are result of pure chance, the prodcut of random genetic mutations that occur when stem cells make mistakes replicating the cell's DNA.

Christian Tomasetti and Dr. Bert Volgstein found that the more stem cells there are in certain kind of tissues and the more frequently they divide, the more likely that that tissue is to develop cancer over a persons lifetime. Around 65 percent of cancers are the result of these DNA mistakes made by stem cells, which are essentially templates for making more tissue."

Im a bit worried now if long term PE can cause penile cancer as the aim in PE is cell division which apparently can cause cancer ......

The catch is that this kind of DNA copying is also the process behind cancer, which is triggered by cells that pick up mutations in the genes when they divide.

Comment

That is ridiculous.

They are talking about fast replicating cells, like skin, hair,ect.

And the increased risk is miniscule and unavoidable. You have certainly had cancerous and precancerous cells in your lifetime . Everyone has. Your body is pretty good at detecting and destroying abnormal cells. There is noway that PE could possibly increase cell replication enough to cause any remotely significant increased risk of caner. Unless you were to do something stupid like play around with exogenous hormones and other bioactive chemicals.
      How did I get here?

Well I was looking for Pygmy.com (I gotta thing for small people, so what), and ended up here.
      And I've been here ever since.

Comment

Please consult with your doctor on this issue. The forums may only provide you with speculations, and erroneous conclusions; which may not help you and any fears/concerns on this issue.
        Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
        Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

I am not an advocate for New Age thinking...I will agree with this one concept: "Energy flows where attention goes."

If you are worrying about cancers and the like, then you will miss out on improving yourself and living in fear.
          How fair is thy love, my sister, my spouse! how much better is thy love than wine! and the smell of thine ointments than all spices! ~ Song of Solomon 4:10

For things to change, you have to change.” - Jim Rohn, The Art of Exceptional Living

Comment

Unfortunately Dangled that is all the doctors can do also.
            ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

The point is not only the scale of cell replicating. In cell divison, which is constant after every PE session no matter how miniscule, a single mistake in the DNA copying procesa can cause cancer...
              Thus the more you PE, the more likely this kind of DNA copying mistake is.

Comment

Never the less it is the stem cells that screw up and cause the cancer. With or without PE. If you live in fear of the study you cannot do anything. All your cells are being replicated all day long.

Thus the more you breath the more likely it is you will get cancer.
                ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

You do know, or maybe you don't, that millions of cells are dying in your body every second and are being replaced by new cells from cellular division. So millions and millions of cells are replicating every second of every minute of everyday in your body. There is only one way to stop it. That's called dying. I hear it's not all it's cracked up to be. Have you every picked up a biology book?
                  The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Cellular replication is constantly a function of living tissue. Would you not work out in a gym because you might develop cancer by building stronger, larger muscles? Stop walking or breathing because every step or breath you take might induce cellular division thus increasing your chances of developing cancer? THIS^^^ is "Chicken Little" reasoning, IMO!..."THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING"!!!...Smh....

Comment

The components in your body are used to cell division. The penis on the other hand isnt used to the constant cell replicating and dividing, so mistakes may be more likely to occur.

Im just a worried newbie who wants to be sure PE is safe in the long term. The long term affects havent been established yet...
                      Last edited by Road28; 09-12-2017, 09:17 AM.

Comment

By the way I do not understand the mocking and ironic comments on a newbie for simply expressing a concern. Childish behavior in my opinion
                        Last edited by Road28; 09-12-2017, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Yes I am childish but I would assume if you are old enough to be here that somewhere along your educational journey you would have taken a course on biology.I am sure your country is pretty much the same as mine. So if you are 18 then you must have learned how plants and animals grow so asking a question about such things does puzzles me. Being a newbie does not mean one leaves his brains at the door.

Comment

Now where did you get the idea that the cells in the penis are not used to replicating? They. like the rest of your body are doing that every second.

Comment

Just get the damn hpv vaccination damnit

Comment

Working...
                              X