What effect does sleep have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What effect does sleep have

So I'm insomniac,I've only ever gotten good consistent sleep when I've taken aggressive pain pills,not healthy in the slightest so now I just dont sleep at all,now I'm seeing gains but my eq is shit rn could it be because of my sleep schedule

Sleep is very important to anything health related. Lack of sleep can be terribly harmful, it definitely can cause EQ issues and I would be surprised if it didn't negatively affect gains.
    Starting (20 JUL 2012)
    BPFSL: 7.5"
    BPEL: 6.75"
    EG: 4.75"
    Current (8/3/17)
    BPFSL: 8.7"
    BPEL: 8.1"
    MEG: 5.5"
    BEG: 5.5"

Short Term Goal:
    8.25 BPEL
    5.75 MEG

Comment

Well I've had gains,I have no idea why,but even at 70 % ejection which is about as high as I could get it,It was bigger,this was right after jelqing and edging but the fact remains I can't get sleep I'm pretty concerned about this

Comment

Yeah lack of sleep is not good. You can add more stress, gain weight, foggy head etc, all from lack of sleep. Your body needs that rest to operate at 100%. If you're not getting the sleep, you're pushing uphill in terms of any bodily functions. Especially if you're not getting REM, which is that deep sleep. There are studies that show this sort of stuff. I would definitely talk to a doctor about getting some sleeping pills or Vicodin or something.
        Starting - Goal
        BPEL: 6.7 - BPEL: 8.5
        MSEG: 5.25 - MSEG: 6.25
        Current: BPEL: 7.0 MSEG: 5.6

Comment

Well that's the problem,it goes from vicodin to snorting percs. And it just get's worse from there I don't want to be a pill junky again

Comment

I've tried everything even jerking off,just to get to sleep before 2 am and it just doesn't work,on days I work I usually don't even sleep

Comment

Testosterone levels can also be affected.

Comment

Have you recently quit drugs?
                Starting - Goal
                BPEL: 6.7 - BPEL: 8.5
                MSEG: 5.25 - MSEG: 6.25
                Current: BPEL: 7.0 MSEG: 5.6

Comment

Try yoga, mindfullness, and deep breathing techniques. Also maybe a regular exercise regimen to make you tired.

Do you drink caffeine or energy drinks? Cut back if so.

Lack of sleep has an impact on T-levels which tend to spike after deep sleep. Do you get morning wood? Also bad quality sleep minimizes oxygen levels in blood for healthy functioning.

As far as supplements go, you may want to try magnesium. Do your research as the stuff at your local pharmacy or walmart is most likely poorly absorbed by the body. Maybe start with 200mg and then 400mg depending on weight and if you feel any side effects.

Good luck
                  I came here for the EQ, but I stayed for PE

Dick Stats
                  Aug 2016 BPFL 5.5" BPEL 6.5" EG:5.125" EQ:6/10
                  Jun 2017 BPFL 6.5" BPEL 7.25" EG:5.50 EQ 6.5/10
                  OCT 2018 BPFL BPEL 7.75" EG:5.50 EQ 7/10

Comment

I've been clean for about a year and a half but I'm an addictive person I try something once and it's an addiction already,I haven't gotten morning wood in a long time,but I usually jack off before I sleep,not lately but still,I drink soda all the time,but I've quit that and I've recently started exersising daily,I've lost 20 pounds because of it,but still no change in sleep

Comment

I feel great when I do sleep,everything feels great,but that's once in a great while and usually after I've done something pretty hard,which I don't do anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X