No announcement yet.

12 Days of Christmas Giveaway - 2.0 :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway - 2.0 :-)

OK, putting this over in this forum, because I have 0 idea why it's not letting members post on the Specials forum.

Hmm...

Let's use THIS thread... :-D

Santa has informed me most of you are on the Nice List this year!

As such, I've been instructed to give away 12 presents!

Here's how it will work:

1. Starting tomorrow, for 12 days, I will post a holiday-related question here in this thread.
    2. You'll have (approximately) 24 hours to post your answer to the question.
    3. One winner will be chosen, randomly, from all responses for that day's question.
    4. Prizes for each day will be chosen randomly from Santa's Bag
    5. The winner will be announced on this thread and must PM me their mailing address, to receive their present.

I just peeked into Santa's bag and... a BIG thank you to our sponsors for donating their prizes! Prizes are courtesy of:

Wow! You guys must've been very good this year, because there are some nice prizes in that bag!!

Keep watching on this thread (SUBSCRIBE SO YOU DON'T MISS A DAY!) for the question of the day! Day 1 will go out tomorrow!!

Merry Christmas!
    Kimberly
    PEGym.com

Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/pegym

DAY 1 - 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway!!

Do you have a traditional meal you serve/eat for the holidays? If so, what is it, and when do you eat it?

Since we had a technical glitch, I'll give everyone a few extra hours (tomorrow late afternoon) to answer and be entered into today's giveaway!!
    Kimberly
    PEGym.com

Comment

Originally posted by KMWylie View Post

Do you have a traditional meal you serve/eat for the holidays? If so, what is it, and when do you eat it?

Since we had a technical glitch, I'll give everyone a few extra hours (tomorrow late afternoon) to answer and be entered into today's giveaway!!
      Spiral cut ham with a spiced brown sugar glaze and sweet potatoe crunch served Christmas eve dinner!
      Progress Log | Extender Progress Log
      Recommended Routine
      2016 (5 1/2 x 4 1/2) > 2017 (7 5/8 x 5 5/8) > 2020 (8 x 5 3/4) > Oct 2021 (7 1/2 x 5 3/4)
      BPEL Gains: 2.5" | MEG Gains: 1.25"

Comment

Usually turkey again, but recently my uncle started hosting. He get chery wood back ribs catered from a local restraint the day before and warms them up with extra sauce on the side. Damn they’re good, awesome cherry BBQ sauce with a little heat. Turkey as well and all the sides, but damn, There’s usually a fight to get those ribs.

For my immediate family, I usually make Prime Rib, slow roasted at 250 for many hours, till Medium rare. I’ve gotten pretty good at it, lots of minced garlic, inside and out. A nice warm pink from edge to center. Same pink as... never mind.
        A prayer, is kinda the same as a "Like". If there are enough likes, God will take notice. So "Like" away please. My daughter needs your prayers. Thank You.

Comment

Risalamande! It's a dessert we eat a lot while it's Christmas. It's always served Christmas eve.
          BPEL: 17, 17.5, 18, 18.5, 19, 19.2
          EG: 13.3,

My Progress Log

Comment

Steamed Carrot pudding with orange or lemon sauce!

Comment

We always did the traditional turkey dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy, yams, olives, corn, rolls, cranberry sauce on Christmas Eve. Then Prime Rib dinner on Christmas day. My daughter and her family started a tradition of picking a country and making a traditional dinner based on thier menus. This is year is Mexico. I'm not sure of the menu.

Thanks for fixing the issue KMWylie. Much appreciated.
              ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

Honey glazed ham with pineapple souffle on Christmas and then a family trip to Carmines (best Italian food ever) in NYC with another family the day after

Comment

Steaming hot home-made french onion soup with "floated" thick-cut swiss/garlic toast, as an appetizer or first course.
                  Slab sides of home-smoked fresh salmon with a garlic butter & fresh ground black pepper glaze, long-grain wild rice pilaf, brussels sprouts, whole homemade cranberry sauce with fresh shredded carrots.

Carrot cake with cream cheese icing for dessert.
                  ^^^Served Christmas Eve night.

Christmas Day morning we use the cold leftover Smoked salmon on toast points with horseradish mayo, capers, chopped boiled egg & finely diced red onion to go with Mimosas & Bloody mary's for breakfast...Nobody cares what they receive for Christmas, after breakfast, of course!...
                  jockinthebox
                  Retired Moderator
                  Member of the Month May 2015
                  PEGym Hero
                  Last edited by jockinthebox; 12-08-2017, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Feast of the seven fishes (actually more than ten) on Christmas Eve at my son's house with his wife's Italian family. Ugly Christmas sweaters are required attire.
                    Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
                    12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
                    12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
                    01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
                    01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
                    01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
                    Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Mmm! These all sound delicious!!

SmugLion - I had to look up what Risalamande was - rice pudding with cherry sauce - is that correct? The pics online look YUMMY!!

Wish - I love that tradition of picking a country! If you need a good tamale recipe, let me know! I make the BEST homemade tamales! :-D

N2B - Love the ugly Xmas sweater requirement!
                      Kimberly
                      PEGym.com

Comment

Yes we do. It's super traditional Polish supper consisting of 12 dishes. The king of them being cabbage stew. We start it on Christmas Eve right when the first star shows up.
                        My progress thread
                        29.01.18.- Comeback to PE - BPEL: 20cm (7.87)/ EG: 14cm (5.51)
                        Current size (as of 02.05.18): BPEL: 20.5cm (8.07)/ EG: 14.5cm (5.71)
                        Goal: BPEL: 23cm (9.06)/ EG: 16.5cm (6.5)

Comment

Originally posted by Wishful10x8 View Post
                          We always did the traditional turkey dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy, yams, olives, corn, rolls, cranberry sauce on Christmas Eve. Then Prime Rib dinner on Christmas day. My daughter and her family started a tradition of picking a country and making a traditional dinner based on thier menus. This is year is Mexico. I'm not sure of the menu.

Thanks for fixing the issue KMWylie. Much appreciated.
                          OMG. Awesome. I, we really need pics of that dinner. You’re in for a treat. It’s gonna be great.
                          A prayer, is kinda the same as a "Like". If there are enough likes, God will take notice. So "Like" away please. My daughter needs your prayers. Thank You.

Comment

Would love a good tamales recipe.
                            ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

For decades we usually had turkey and ham along with cornbread stuffing, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and cranberry salad. The salad is made with fresh cranberries, pecans, grapes, and pineapple. After dinner we have some of the Mrs' homemade pumpkin pie topped with her homemade whipped cream. Mmm, a little bit of Heaven on Earth!

Last year we smoked prime rib instead of the turkey and ham and will be doing it again this year.

We always have it on Christmas Day around 4:00 in the afternoon.
                              Looking4more
                              Retired Moderator
                              Member of the Month Feb 2013
                              PEGym Hero
                              Last edited by Looking4more; 12-08-2017, 05:20 PM.
                              Bondage.
                              Some people call it domestic violence.
                              We call it foreplay.
                              Got cuffs? GAME ON!

My routine and gains.

Comment

Working...
                              X