condom / girth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• condom / girth

If a regular sized condom feels tights on you does that mean your girth is average or slightly above? or even if your girth is below average would it still feel tight on you?

I used extra strong with a lass i was hoing with and they were tight as fuck, my helmet looked white lol My MEG is 5.25”.

A regular one though there seems to be a bit movement and looser so its not really tight

What girth are you?

Comment

I was having EQ issues until it was suggested I try a larger condoms.

The issue was alleviated a little bit when I tried MagnumXLs, but they still felt tight. I don’t consider myself “huge”, so I thought; “how can this be?”.

When I dig deeper, I found some info that stated due to regulations, that condom companies have to abide by a limit in their girthiness, but are allowed to expand in length )one example here:<link removed>Apparently you can buy girthier condoms from other countries where this limit isn’t imposed? Who wants to pay as much in shipping as they do for their products though?

Whether or not this is 100% true, I don’t know - I’m don’t work in the industry. Some condoms are no doubt smaller than others, but there does seem to be a general limit in the girthiness or what’s available... Unfortnately I haven’t found a solution aside from sticking with a partner long enough to not need a condom.
      Cavalier
      Retired Super Moderator
      Member of the Month Feb 2015
      PEGym Hero
      Last edited by Cavalier; 01-25-2018, 05:14 AM.
      Starting Stats:
      Date: 10/29/11
      BPEL: 6.8125
      EG: 5.5

Comment

I have both magnums and regular condoms and have measured both. They are as follows girth wise:

Regular:
        2 inches width
        1.375 inches diameter
        4.32 inches circumference

Magnum:
        2.125 inches width
        1.5 inches diameter
        4.71 inches circumference

Note I am about 5.05 inches girth and get a red ring from regular condoms. I don't really ever use magnums but simple sizing would tell me magnums would be red ringing me at 5.4 inches (they are .4 inches bigger diameter than regular condoms). Assuming magnum XL are the same size increas over normal magnums that gives:

Magnum XL:
        2.25 inches width
        1.625. inches diameter
        5.11 inches circumference

i would expect to be too small for XLs once I hit 5.8 and above. Who knows maybe I am just extremely too small for regulars and thus would outgrow magnums around 5.25 inches and XLs around 5.5 inches. I've seen others complain about XLs at 5.5 so I'll see when I get there in about a year

Comment

I just tried some magnum xls the other day. It fit pretty good, I'm currently at about 5.75" girth.

Comment

5.1" MEG I was quite ok with regular, tight but usable. But now 5.5" I can't use regular.

Comment

There's a chart somewhere. Anyways I assume most of you are in the US, Magnums are for guys with 5.2" girth while Magnum XLs are for guys with 5.5" girth, length doesn't matter for condoms as much as girth. I've gone from using whatever to needing magnums and it has been a little inconvenient.
              Start
              BPEL: 6.75-7"(not a good measurement)
              BEG: 5ish (not a good measurement)

Current (4/10/2018)
              BPEL: 8"
              MSEG: 5.375-5.45"

Goal
              BPEL: 8"+
              MSEG: 6"

Comment

so if a magnum fits me and isn't loose that means my girth is ok? I might try one and see.

Comment

I've actually only had sex with a condom once, and only for a few minutes due to some vagina tearing. I was 5.5" girth at the time, and remember it was quite a hassle to put it on. Don't know the size of the condom, but I suspect it was "regular size". Not very comfortable, and I couldn't really feel much sensation. After gaining some girth, and reading up on condom size charts, I have stocked up on some bigger condoms, but have yet to try them out. Not much to choose from out there, though, once one surpasses 5.75" girth.
                  Start, May '17: BPEL 7.2" x MSEG 5.5"
                  December '17: BPEL 8.1" x MSEG 5.9"
                  February '18: BPEL 8.2" x MSEG 5.75"

Long-term goal: BPEL 8.5" x MSEG 6.25"

Comment

When I recently needed to buy condoms I searched for sizing info. The factor I was most interested in was a preferred ratio between penis girth and condom size so the condom is stretched just enough to make a secure fit without risk of slipping off.

At this page I found what I was looking for:
                    <link removed>

To summarize that page: Penis girth / 2.25 = approx condom width
                    This formula is derived from the recommended condom stretch from 10% (factor 2.2) to 20% (factor 2.4), where factor 2.25 corresponds to 12.5 % stretch (condoms not fitting too snugly, but with a minimum grip to ensure safety).

I checked that formula against a few condom size charts and penis size comparison web pages that also recommends suitable condoms. The formula seems to be quite accurate.

A table calculated from that formula based on some common condom sizes would look something like this:

_Condom width (mm): _47_ _49_ _51_ _53_ _55_ _57_ _60_ _64_ _69_
                    __Penis girth (cm): 10.6 11.0 11.5 11.9 12.3 12.8 13.5 14.4 15.5
                    Penis girth (inch): 4.16 4.34 4.52 4.69 4.87 5.05 5.31 5.67 6.11

I have about 14 cm MSEG and 16 cm BEG, but since the girth stays around 14 cm along most of the shaft I used that measurement as main guide.
                    I first bought a few samples of different condoms to try out, mostly 60 mm but also a couple 64 and 69 mm.
                    Started with 60 mm and it really was a nice change from standard condoms, suddenly it was easy to roll on and a comfortable fit.
                    Condoms with size 64 also fits ok but on the loose side, so I have choosen to use 60 mm, mainly to be on the safe size with a tighter fit.
                    The 69 mm fits nice at the base, but is way too loose along the shaft. Nice to use while pumping though :-)

I hope this can be useful to someone else wondering about condom sizes.
                    Cavalier
                    Retired Super Moderator
                    PEGym Hero
                    Last edited by Cavalier; 01-25-2018, 05:15 AM.
                    Start Aug 2012
                    BPEL 18,5 cm (7.28")
                    MSEG 12,5 cm (4.92")
                    BEG 14,0 cm (5.51")
                    May 2017
                    BPEL 20,5 cm (8.07"), +2,0 cm (0.79")
                    MSEG 14,0 cm (5.51"), +1,5 cm (0.59")
                    BEG 16,5 cm (6.50"), +2,5 cm (0.98")

Avatar and profile photos is me, copyright by me

Comment

I followed the link posted by gencer earlier in this thread (quote below) and to my surprise I read that in the USA they do not sell wider condoms than 57 mm.
                      Luckily the same site has a review of My.Size condoms (made in Germany) including an Amazon link where you can order them.
                      Link to that article:
                      <link removed>

When I ordered an assortment of condoms the order included the My.Size 60, 64 and 69. It also included condoms by Pasante (King Size and Super King Size) and Swedish RFSU (Grande XL) and a few others. Since I could order individual condoms and there was no shipping I thought it would be fun and interesting to try out different models with my girlfriend.
                      The My.Size condoms worked really good, as did the others we tested. I can really recommend them.
                      Get your size!

Originally posted by gencer View Post
                      I was having EQ issues until it was suggested I try a larger condoms.

The issue was alleviated a little bit when I tried MagnumXLs, but they still felt tight. I don’t consider myself “huge”, so I thought; “how can this be?”.

When I dig deeper, I found some info that stated due to regulations, that condom companies have to abide by a limit in their girthiness, but are allowed to expand in length )one example here:<link removed> Apparently you can buy girthier condoms from other countries where this limit isn’t imposed? Who wants to pay as much in shipping as they do for their products though?

Whether or not this is 100% true, I don’t know - I’m don’t work in the industry. Some condoms are no doubt smaller than others, but there does seem to be a general limit in the girthiness or what’s available... Unfortnately I haven’t found a solution aside from sticking with a partner long enough to not need a condom.
                      Cavalier
                      Retired Super Moderator
                      PEGym Hero
                      Last edited by Cavalier; 01-25-2018, 05:16 AM.
                      Start Aug 2012
                      BPEL 18,5 cm (7.28")
                      MSEG 12,5 cm (4.92")
                      BEG 14,0 cm (5.51")
                      May 2017

Comment

Magnum are a poor choice for those with large base girth .

Basically true large fit condom you have to import into the US .

Comment

Originally posted by rr04 View Post
                          I have both magnums and regular condoms and have measured both. They are as follows girth wise:

Regular:
                          2 inches width
                          1.375 inches diameter
                          4.32 inches circumference

Magnum:
                          2.125 inches width
                          1.5 inches diameter
                          4.71 inches circumference

Note I am about 5.05 inches girth and get a red ring from regular condoms. I don't really ever use magnums but simple sizing would tell me magnums would be red ringing me at 5.4 inches (they are .4 inches bigger diameter than regular condoms). Assuming magnum XL are the same size increas over normal magnums that gives:

Magnum XL:
                          2.25 inches width
                          1.625. inches diameter
                          5.11 inches circumference

i would expect to be too small for XLs once I hit 5.8 and above. Who knows maybe I am just extremely too small for regulars and thus would outgrow magnums around 5.25 inches and XLs around 5.5 inches. I've seen others complain about XLs at 5.5 so I'll see when I get there in about a year
                          Base girth on Magnum is smaller than that which makes them useless as a large fit condom.

Comment

THe way guys experience tightness of condoms has a lot of individual vary .

Comment

Found that you in the USA now have access to a wider size range. Both larger and smaller.
                              The US condom company One have apparantly bought the European (I believe it was British) company They Fit and taken over its custom size system.

Go to <link removed>
                              Enter your measurements and order a properly sized condom.
                              Cavalier
                              Retired Super Moderator
                              PEGym Hero
                              Last edited by Cavalier; 01-25-2018, 05:09 AM.
                              Start Aug 2012
                              BPEL 18,5 cm (7.28")
                              MSEG 12,5 cm (4.92")
                              BEG 14,0 cm (5.51")
                              May 2017

Comment

Working...
                              X