Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaks, deconditioning and relate issues

<Not sure where to put this topic, so trying it in here>
    <And I know there have been other threads related to this, but I did not want to hijack anyone else's thread, nor did I want just revive an old one>

Time for to take break for a little while...I want to look at how to best handle that.

A few questions come to mind:

When when takes a break from PE, does one also take a break from edging?
    Edging helps with growth, but it is also used for Premature Ejaculation.

And what about basic stretching or just warming up?
    I like to do a stretch in the morning, just as I like to stretch the back and legs, etc, I like to stretch the penis.
    Should I stop?

I usually do a few little exercises before edging to warm up an get the penis limber before getting hard.
    If I keep doing that, is it still a break?

I'm planning on a week completely away from PE and edging. Will be away to the Philippines for a short winter break, so being in a hotel room with wife and so precludes much PE.
    Them when back I had planned to continue to break for a month or so, just to give it a rest. But I worry about stopping edging and so on.

Thoughts? Experience? Please share...
    tnx
    03/2015 Start <Able to last ~ 2 mins PIV>
    Thread
    12/2019 EL: +2.2 MEG: +1 <Able to last 60+ mins PIV>

I'm not a fan of deconditioning breaks in the way they are practiced here. Too many guys get the impression that a complete layoff from PE is the way to go and end up missing months of PE, not to mention all those gains they would have made with a smarter program. It's just not a good idea unless you have some rare injury and need to take a complete rest for about a month.

IMHO decon breaks should be practiced more like "cruises" (or whatever else you want to call it) in weight lifting, where you still train but with about 50% of the intensity and plenty of rest in what is essentially active recovery. With this plan some exercises you can swap out completely for others, stretches instead of hanging, while others are you just dial back on the pressure (like with pumps or clamps) it's really up to you to go by feel.

I know some may argue with this approach but I stand by it for my gains and injury prevention. I usually plan on my cruises being two weeks after 6-8 weeks training, but it also depends on other physiological factors. I usually know when it's time to dial back on my PE when my erections suffer and healing slows down, but it also depends on sleep and diet. I try to get more sleep and relax when I'm cruising.
    Sex is the great leveler, taste the great divider. - Pauline Kael

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatDivider View Post
      I'm not a fan of deconditioning breaks in the way they are practiced here. Too many guys get the impression that a complete layoff from PE is the way to go
      That is what I was thinking. There is nothing wrong with me except maybe some fatigue. So I do not think I need to completely stop.

However, considering the idea of deconditioning to help overcome a plateau, I wonder if I should completely stop. Over the cycles of my PE training, I have noticed that an increase in stretched flaccid leads to an increase in erection size. But for the last cycle I have noted no stretched flaccid gains. So maybe need to stop?
      Then if I do stop, how do I start again?

IMHO decon breaks should be practiced more like "cruises" (or whatever else you want to call it) in weight lifting, where you still train but with about 50% of the intensity and plenty of rest in what is essentially active recovery. With this plan some exercises you can swap out completely for others, stretches instead of hanging, while others are you just dial back on the pressure (like with pumps or clamps) it's really up to you to go by feel.
      This makes sense to me. I do wonder how I fit the edging for preE into this scenario. How would one dial back edging by 50%? I do edging 5~6 dyas a week, so should I go on a 3 day a week schedule? Or just half the time per edge?

I know some may argue with this approach but I stand by it for my gains and injury prevention. I usually plan on my cruises being two weeks after 6-8 weeks training, but it also depends on other physiological factors. I usually know when it's time to dial back on my PE when my erections suffer and healing slows down, but it also depends on sleep and diet. I try to get more sleep and relax when I'm cruising.
      I have planned my breaks so far according to lifestyle considerations, not in terms of training. This time around I wanted to take a longer mor ethought out approach to the break to see if I could use it more wisely.

I had hoped to get more input, but thanks for yours Divider
      Thread

Comment

I'm not a believer in deacon breaks just for Devon breaks. I'm a big fan if tired or burned out. Sometimes we just need to step away for a while. That being said. There is nothing wrong with throwing a few excersizes in each day. Especially edging. No reason at all to stop edging. Especially as you can edge with your wife, or in your wife. Do whatever feels right. Don't need to cut edging back either. 50 percent thing is more about stretching jelqing etc.
        ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

Not many on tonight. Many will be celebrating the new year.
          ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

The theory behind a decon break is that the penis has become too conditioned and resistant that there are no exercises that will break the plateau you have hit. The idea is to leave it alone and let it decondition to the point where it becomes more responsive to the exercises again. To properly decon means that you leave it alone, NO exercises whatsoever. This is the reason behind why we tell someone who has been away from PE for some time that they need to start back up with a beginner routine and not the level they were at when they stopped. Their penis has deconditioned to the point where advanced exercises would be too much.

Edging would be fine as it is nothing more than a form of masturbating and a great way to maintain good EQ.

With all that being said, it's only a theory. I took a month off and it really didn't do anything for me. One month probably wasn't enough as it's recommend to take at least 3 months off to see the best results from a decon break.
            Cavalier
            Retired Super Moderator
            Member of the Month Feb 2015
            PEGym Hero
            Last edited by Cavalier; 01-01-2018, 07:09 AM.
            To totally satisfy a woman sexually is not about having a large penis, it's about being a good lover.

Comment

Originally posted by Wishful10x8 View Post
              I'm not a believer in deacon breaks just for Devon breaks. I'm a big fan if tired or burned out. Sometimes we just need to step away for a while. That being said. There is nothing wrong with throwing a few excersizes in each day. Especially edging. No reason at all to stop edging. Especially as you can edge with your wife, or in your wife. Do whatever feels right. Don't need to cut edging back either. 50 percent thing is more about stretching jelqing etc.
              I am feeling a little fatigued. At least in terms of my erection. Not exactly hurt, but sore. I feel like I need to take a break for healing.

I figure a week off, then do a few weeks of recover with basic exercises. I will use that as an experiment and see how I feel come March. I do not like the idea of going completely off program for three months as Cavalier mentions.
              Thread

Comment

When you peak after several weeks of progressive training, a break can be perfect for inducing "rebound" gains.

Some informal stamina work and (of course) sexual activity during a break should be considered.
                Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                  When you peak after several weeks of progressive training, a break can be perfect for inducing "rebound" gains.

Some informal stamina work and (of course) sexual activity during a break should be considered.
                  Swimming, relaxing in the sun and sipping tropical drinks...hopefully some sexual activity will be part of it. Rebound gains, here I come
                  Thread

Comment

Originally posted by incogneeetoe View Post
                    Swimming, relaxing in the sun and sipping tropical drinks...hopefully some sexual activity will be part of it. Rebound gains, here I come
                    There's a definite mental break aspect that comes from layoffs. A longer decon break 1-2 times a year should be sufficient for most.
                    Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                      There's a definite mental break aspect that comes from layoffs. A longer decon break 1-2 times a year should be sufficient for most.
                      That has been, perhaps, the biggest consideration in my decision to take a break. A fatigue penis is one part, but also a need to have time away from all the mental considerations and time needed for the PE lifestyle.

Indeed, the relaxation has seemed to have an impact: I had felt my flaccid hang was bigger than before, and earlier when changing to my swim suit my wife noticed and mentioned how big I looked.
                      Thread

Comment

as I mentioned one month did nothing for me.
                        Originally posted by incogneeetoe View Post
                        I am feeling a little fatigued. At least in terms of my erection. Not exactly hurt, but sore. I feel like I need to take a break for healing.

I figure a week off, then do a few weeks of recover with basic exercises. I will use that as an experiment and see how I feel come March. I do not like the idea of going completely off program for three months as Cavalier mentions.
                        I wasn't suggesting that you should, I was just defining what a true decon break is. How you take your break is completely up to you.

The reason I took a break was because I had a double hernia repaired and I didn't want to be pulling on anything in that area until it had healed some. As I mentioned, it didn't do much for me. How long of a break are you considering?
                        To totally satisfy a woman sexually is not about having a large penis, it's about being a good lover.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavalier View Post
                          as I mentioned one month did nothing for me.
                          I wasn't suggesting that you should, I was just defining what a true decon break is. How you take your break is completely up to you.

The reason I took a break was because I had a double hernia repaired and I didn't want to be pulling on anything in that area until it had healed some. As I mentioned, it didn't do much for me. How long of a break are you considering?
                          I just finished a week of complete rest. No PE activity at all. Not even an opportunity for nooky.
                          - After a couple of days of R&R the morning wood was unbelievable. I was woken by impressive erections a few times nightly.
                          - My flaccid hang has noticeably improved. It feels healthy and happy. And as my wife pointed out, a few other mothers were caught crotch watching on our trip.
                          - This morning the wife and I were lounging in bed for a few minutes when she said "Lock the door". I was rock hard in an instant. Banged her to an orgasm without difficulty.

So my take away from this is that one week of rest has lead to some positive PIs and without any adverse affect on performance.

Out daily routine goes back to normal come Monday, so I plan to add some of my PE routine back to the mix. So for the next week I will do a basic stretch in the AM. I also aim to get one good erection per day, so either sex or edging, but not both.

I will continue to note PIs and keep a dialogue open so any others can pipe in or add questions and we can look at rests in an orderly way.
                          Thread

Comment

Just keeping track:

I'm at day 10 of a break from PE. (7 days of complete rest, 3 with intercourse).
                            Yesterday and today I did a basic stretch in the AM. No strain, just 5 directions to limber up.
                            Then in the evening of both days I did edging.

I also got back to the 5G tea yesterday today after 8 days.

Today I note that my PONR has moved back. I was able to get to a very hard erection, about a 9 or 9.5 on the EQ, but in terms of excitement I was at more of a 7.5. Also noteworthy the erection was stable. Once I hit that 9.5 level I was able to keep it there without much stimulation. Indeed, it did not fade after the edging was finished. Out of shower, dried off, put on aloe, still hard.
                            Thread

Comment

Sorry but I have a hijack question: what if I stopped PE completely for a full year? Will my penis transform back to the original size via natural cell division?

Comment

Working...
                              X