Fasting and Gains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fasting and Gains

So I just started and have no concrete results yet, but I have a suggestion to what might increase your gains. According to scientific findings Intermittent Fasting for 16-20 hours, daily, increases Natural Human Growth Hormone by up to 2000% in males.

"also called somatotropin or human growth hormone, peptidehormone secreted by the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland. It stimulates the growth of essentially all tissues of the body, including bone"

I thought I would throw that out there for anyone interested in this method to try and increase gains. I've personally been following 20-4 fasting routine and plan to include Jelq routine as well.

Cheers. Good luck.

Thanks for your post. Interested in following your progress. Many mentions and conflicting reports about the effect of injected (by prescription) HGH so your natural experiment might be helpful.

Comment

I'm interested in this thread as I'm just starting intemitten fasting myself. I think a 20-4 fast schedule is way too unrealistic. A typical intermittent fastwould be an 8-10 hour feeding window, not 4 hours.

Comment

yasai101

Welcome to the PEGym. I applaud your enthusiasm and am very interested in how you will progress. If you start with both fasting and jelqing how will you know that one or both is more effective? Consider doing a 90 day beginner routine to get your penis conditioned and to see what you gain. Then start your fasting and see if you make a leap in gains.
        ​The enemy of good is not bad
        The enemy of good is better

Comment

When reading those studies you see that those 10-20x GH levels were measured after many weeks of fasting. Normal IF where you eat every day I haven't seen boosting levels nearly this much. 5 day fast like 300 % and so on. If you see study where normal 16-24h fast boost GH significantly please post link.

Nevertheless I use intermittent fasting every day 20/4 or 23,5/0,5. I just like it's easy way to control eating.

Comment

Originally posted by rr04 View Post
            I'm interested in this thread as I'm just starting intemitten fasting myself. I think a 20-4 fast schedule is way too unrealistic. A typical intermittent fastwould be an 8-10 hour feeding window, not 4 hours.
            When I had done it for few weeks I could fast 24h without hunger. I fast 23,5 hours 3-4 days a week and 20 hours on days when I go to gym 3-4 days a week. No hunger.

Comment

Read those studies a little more carefully and you'll find those numbers are not nearly that impressive. The supposed testosterone and growth hormone increases are not enough to do much of anything remarkable, like out on muscle or increase your PE gains.

That being said I have done intermittent fasting for years and I am just now coming back to it. I have found I can get stronger erections when I'm fasted so long as I don't wait too long to eat and drink plenty of water. The only negative side effect I have for is the low blood sugar levels after strenuous PE or when waiting too long to eat, which is why I switched after about a year from the 4/20 to the 8/16 to allow for a pre PE and pre workout snack with several small meals in between.
              Sex is the great leveler, taste the great divider. - Pauline Kael

Comment

It amuses me these days missing a meal is called a fast.

Comment

Originally posted by yasai101 View Post
                  So I just started and have no concrete results yet, but I have a suggestion to what might increase your gains. According to scientific findings Intermittent Fasting for 16-20 hours, daily, increases Natural Human Growth Hormone by up to 2000% in males.

"also called somatotropin or human growth hormone, peptidehormone secreted by the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland. It stimulates the growth of essentially all tissues of the body, including bone"

Got a link?

I thought I would throw that out there for anyone interested in this method to try and increase gains. I've personally been following 20-4 fasting routine and plan to include Jelq routine as well.

Cheers. Good luck.
                  Got a link?

Comment

Intermittent fasting is the rage, recommended my those YouTubers who are experts in increasing Testosterone naturally as well as recommending certain foods, weight bearing exercises and so on. I think I have watched all those YouTube videos. I intermittently fast, I do it as it slots into my lifestyle. Eating breakfast just makes me ill at 11 am, and lunch bloats me, so I just eat at one time per day, the evening meal. I feel a lot better, the body is functioning better and I have lost the excess weight. As far as my T levels or any other hormone, I don't think it has changed. As far as putting on muscle, muscle gains from exercise, there has been no improvement. It is hard or harder to put on muscle as you get older.

Comment

I'm surprised intermittent fasting is trending again. I know it was really big when I did it in 2014 and that was on the tale end of the fad. I think it was that lean gains site pushing the 4/16 schedule so hard, until he got called out for using steroids and abandoned his site. After that it kind of fizzled out for the gluten free and Paleo trends. Now I'm seeing the resurgence of low carb diet, which actually lowers testosterone and muscle.

About those YouTube stars..... As Alan Roberts on Every Damn Day Fitness said it "there are no experts in skipping breakfast!" Intermittent fasting is nothing more than starving yourself and then eating less calories in a shorter period of time. Because you can't eat as much you tend to eat less and more healthy foods full of protein and fiber which are very filling. You don't need an expert to tell you this but every YouTuber with a four pack and an Instagram booty will.
                      Sex is the great leveler, taste the great divider. - Pauline Kael

Comment

Hello, I have completed 21 days of fasting on water. I lost about 10 kg (85 to 75). During fasting I experienced problems reaching erection and climax, so my GF was unhappy (licking was impossible with acid iin breath) However, after the completion of my back diet, my erection is stronger and the flacid size is much bigger, now Im shower thanks to better blood flow (fat pad doesnt changed too much), although it was difficult to perform jelquing or bathmate session (cause I need erect penis for both). Now Im eating more vegetables and less fruits and have removed sugar and bread from my menu. Im on Interminent fassting 18/6 for year and It is great way to keep weight. So lifestyle can improve your dick :-)
                        PF + BM | 8y+ | 16->19 BPEL | 12.5->13.5 EG | 30->15° curve

Comment

Working...
                        X