Low bodyfat but still big fat pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low bodyfat but still big fat pad

Does Anyone else have huge fat pad even if you are quite lean? I wonder is there some other tissue than fat above point where shaft enters body? I'm 12-15 % bf and still can push ruler 3 cm (1.2") into tissue. 7.5" bpel but only 6.3" nbpel. My nbpel looks short to me but when I push fat away that looks good.

If you're holding the ruler horizontally, it's possible you're pushing it under the pubic bone, try measuring BPEL holding it vertically, should be more accurate.
    Feb. 2014 BPEL 6.8" Girth not measured

August 2015 BPEL 7.7" MG 5.1" BG 5.8"

Current NBPEL 7.5" EG 5.4"

Comment

Originally posted by dodgy View Post
      If you're holding the ruler horizontally, it's possible you're pushing it under the pubic bone, try measuring BPEL holding it vertically, should be more accurate.
      I measure with tape measure/roll ruler. That's the case that when pushing just above shaft the roll ruler goes under/lower part of pubic bone = deeper in body. When I measured with stiff ruler vertically I got 1 cm (0.4") shorter result. I just measure nbpel as I'm more interested in that.

Comment

You will still have a fatpad at 12-15% bf. Around 8-10% it should be gone.
        1/2/18 - BPFL 4.0", BPFSL 6.0", BPEL 5.8", EG 4.6" (Start)
        31/7/18 - BPFL 4.3" (11cm), BPFSL 6.6" (16.8cm), BPEL 6.2" (15.8cm), EG 4.75" (12.05cm), NBP 5.39" (13.7cm)

Comment

Originally posted by manav1984 View Post
          You will still have a fatpad at 12-15% bf. Around 8-10% it should be gone.
          Time to get ripped.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapezius View Post
            Time to get ripped.
            Body fat is something that is distributed evenly throughout the body, even though it might appear to be more in certain places. Once you get to a bf level near 10%, you will notice fat disappear from places that are most stubborn to remove from, like the face, belly (these are also the 2 places from where fat comes off at the last) and fatpad. Those areas also get tighter and more prominent. Being fit with a low bf %, anyways makes the overall body appear more prominent and attractive as compared to a normal or overweight physique.
            31/7/18 - BPFL 4.3" (11cm), BPFSL 6.6" (16.8cm), BPEL 6.2" (15.8cm), EG 4.75" (12.05cm), NBP 5.39" (13.7cm)

Comment

Does Anyone else have huge fat pad even if you are quite lean? I wonder is there some other tissue than fat above point where shaft enters body? I'm 12-15 % bf and still can push ruler 3 cm (1.2") into tissue. 7.5" bpel but only 6.3" nbpel. My nbpel looks short to me but when I push fat away that looks good.
              As others have noted, although the 12-15% is within the "healthy" range for body fat percentage for men (this range is between 8-19%), you're toward the upper end of that range.

We all carry body fat in different areas more prominently. I'm sure you've seen an overweight person who has a relatively "thin" face, yet someone not nearly as overweight can have a pudgy face. Sadly, the same is true for the fat pad in the pubic region. It may simply be this is an area of resistance for your body.

Diet and exercise, obviously, are going to be your best bet to reducing your body fat down toward the lower end of the healthy range. High protein - low glycemic carbs (stay away from grains and sugar basically) - and combine cardio with strength training... within the year you should definitely be able to get that fat pad reduced.
              Kimberly
              PEGym.com

Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/pegym

Comment

Strength training and reading about it and nutrition have been my hobby on/off for 20 years. I know how to get ripped. I just went to Inbody 770 body composition analysis. BF result was 9,6 %. LBMI 24. With plyers I think it would be little higher in my experience.

But still surprisingly deep "fat pad". 0.8" top of pubic bone and 1.2" to lower part of pubic bone. I pull myself to ass striations condition and see how much there is then. On lower part of pubic bone there is some other tissue too than fat.

Comment

My experience with inbody style measure is that it is inaccurate and caliper measure is more accurate . Dexa is gold standard.
                  So .8 is pretty standard and not unusual even when lean , so it could be more a measurement issue . Geting lower bf% may result in lower pad but maintaining single figure bf% lifetime is difficult . Some guys get lipo but i would not recomend personally,

Comment

It would be very great if I could make that 0.8 --> 0.4". I don't know if it's possible, but we'll see.

Comment

It would be very great if I could make that 0.8 --> 0.4". I don't know if it's possible, but we'll see.
                      It is very likely possible but like i said holding very low bf% lifetime is an ask.

Comment

im pretty sure at 8% bf you would notice the difference - so try that out first. Even a 1% bf difference is visible, especially if below 10%. Like pegasus said, maintaining single digit bf is tough, but you would start seeing your desired results then.

Comment

There is a strong theory that everyones body has "bodyfat setpoint". And if you go significantly under it, body will fight against it. Not going that in detail, but there is leptin hormone strongly related. It seems to be very difficult to move that setpoint lower, but it can be moved up unfortunately. Moving it lower means beeing long time in low bodyfat.

Comment

Working...
                          X