Ultrasound heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultrasound heat

What's up fellas? First post, but I've been reading for a while, and I think I may have something of value to add to the discussion.

I've seen the question of using ultrasound heating come up, and that most affordable US devices don't provide enough heating to be much use. I just happen to have an old RM2100 that provides plenty of power, so I've started using it as part of a stretching routine.

Basics: 3:00 of heating at 1.0W/cm2 while stretching straight upward (manual). Follow up with what I call behind-the-leg stretches, 3:00 each side. Finish with ice while stretching SD. Also stretching for short sessions throughout the day to at least minimize creep, and throw in some ulis once a day.

Starting at 6.75cbpel/5"eg with a deconditioned package.
    01Jun18: BPEL 6.75, MSEG 5.0
    04Aug18: 7.375x5.5
    12Sep18: 7.5x5.375 (haven't had time for ULIs)

Goal: 7.5-8 x 5.5-6. Almost there!

Heat makes all the difference.

I think I've made a measurement error. There's no way I gained a quarter inch bpel and a sixteenth eg in a week. Started stretching last monday, and using US on Wednesday. I'll check back in another week.

PI's are excellent, and I think I'm riding the fatigue just right. I'm not sore, but very aware of that fatigued feeling almost all the time. My girlfriend said I was going quite deep on Friday, to the point she was too sore for a repeat performance on Saturday.

Comment

Well keep us posted.
      The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

No measurements right now (I'll save that for Sunday), but just as an update: PIs are awesome, and my orgasms have been out of this world. I haven't even felt the need for a rest day yet. Flaccid length and girth are well above normal, and EQ is 9-10 consistently. I suspect that's the reason for the big jump in bpel, but I'll wait until measuring to make that call.

I've started alternating US heating along the shaft while stretching straight up with heating the attachment point on the pubic arch while stretching straight down (one day up, one day down). Takes a little more power to get good heating through the fat pad, so I use 1.2W/cm2 for the same three minutes. The published literature states five minutes heating, with a 10-15 min window for lengthening before it cools to normal temp, so I'll work up to five minutes slowly over the next week or two.

Still doing the ULIs as well. Inducing hypoxia intermittently promotes vascularity and soft tissue growth. I'm doing 3min with 3min of rest for 3 sets. Again, the literature says 5 sets of 5min with 3 min rest, but I'd rather work up slowly and pay attention to PIs than injure myself

Comment

Oh, and I've stopped using the ice because it was making Jr turtle. By the time I'm done, the heating window is over anyway, so I doubt it was doing anything worthwhile.

Comment

I think ultrasound waves are bearable.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveJohn015 View Post
              I think ultrasound waves are bearable.
              Getting the power just right is the key. At 1W/cm2, I can feel the heat penetrating all the way through. Also very important to keep the transducer moving because too much will destroy tissues.

Comment

Observation from last night's session: I now have a slight downard curve when I ULI. I had a slight upward curve before. Applying just enough force to straighten it (maybe a pound or two with one finger) resulted in a strong stretching sensation in the tunica all the way down past the pubic arch. Hopefully this means the ligament is now longer than the tunica, which would mean the US is working exactly as I'd hoped

Comment

New measurements: Just a hair short of 7 1/4" BPEL, EG is 5 1/8. Almost a half inch length gain in two weeks, with a slight increase in girth.

That's more than my total gains in the past. I'm excited, to say the least. 8" is a dream goal for me, but now it looks less like a dream and more like a long term possibility.

PIs are still excellent. Morning wood, EQ, sensitivity, and orgasms are still outstanding. I'm still fatigued, but other than that, my penis feels like its 20y.o. again.

Comment

I tried to find the studies you were referring to, but no such luck. Was it the rat tail study or another one that specifically used ultrasound? This is a great experiment btw. I tried to do the same with an infrared lamp, but it was hard to fine tune without burning my penis off.

Comment

Originally posted by poste View Post
                      I tried to find the studies you were referring to, but no such luck. Was it the rat tail study or another one that specifically used ultrasound? This is a great experiment btw. I tried to do the same with an infrared lamp, but it was hard to fine tune without burning my penis off.
                      There was actually a specific study on penis smooth muscle in rats, which found an increase over the study duration. And also several about lengthening collagenous tissues. I can dig them back up.

Comment

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/26383610/

Comment

Alternatively, ultrasound may be used for its thermal effects in order to relieve pain and muscle spasm to increase tissue extensibility, which may be of use in combination with stretching exercises to achieve optimal tissue length [39]. Lengthening with thermal doses of ultrasound has been demonstrated in the ligament of normal knees [40] and in scar tissue [41]. Once the tissue has been heated to an adequate level (considered to be 40–45°C [34]), the opportunity to stretch the tissues lasts for up to 10 min before the tissue cools [42].

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...LWvRzMDsyUJtR8

Comment

Another observation from last night: Noticed that stretching straight out produced tension in only a very narrow band in the center of the suspensory ligament (felt like a thin, tight thread). I suspected that was due to stretching downward and to the sides (under each leg).

So today I made sure to put a little extra heat on that area and focus a stretch on the tight part (not straight down, but out and down) and then kept tension on it while it cooled.

Yesterday, BPFSL was 7.5". Today, after the session, it was 7.75" and the tight thread was noticeably more lax. Gonna keep an eye on it and make sure I do more SO and SD stretches, especially after US heating.

Comment

This thread is exciting to say the least. If you gain much more I may jist have to buy an ultrasound machine
                              Starting size:
                              NBEL 5.8 in, 14.7cm
                              MEG 5 in, 12.7cm
                              Goal:
                              NBEL 8in, 20.3cm
                              MEG 7in, 17.8cm

Comment

Working...
                              X