How do you REALLY measure the "girth"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you REALLY measure the "girth"

Yeah, perhaps asked before but I have a different question. Now, I put a meter mesure around my penis and in most of the parts it comes back the same result, so for the sake of it, lets say the girth is all the same.

Right, now heres the brain buster. When I mesure when I'm erect, it comes back as 5.5" or so I think. (I'm not sure if its just me or if ever penis is like this) but if I were to apply a little presure (tug one side of the mesurer) it will shrink to about 13cm which is just over 5" so thats a big loss.

How do you REALLY mesure the penis girth? Do you just lay it around, give it a slight tug so it fits around the penis and thats it? Or do you need to apply a little presure to it?

Again, I'm not sure if its just me but the skin on my penis is rather... soft so when I go to hold it, I can tell I loose a good 0.5" for sure. Or am I just imagining things. HELP!
    Last edited by Marvin; 04-27-2010, 07:13 PM.
    Current:
    16.4CM / 6.4" LENGTH
    13.2CM / 5.2" GIRTH

Starter Goal:
    17CM / 6.8" LENGTH
    15CM / 5.5" GIRTH

Dream Goal:
    18CM / 7.0" LENGTH
    16CM / 6.0" GIRTH

I use a wire from my headphones. I don't strangle the thing, but it's wrapped tight enough that it is not away from my dick at any point. I also measure about 3 or 4 times to make sure it's correct.
    Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
    Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
    Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
    http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

I find I have a similar issue - I'd love to know the answer too!

Comment

Just be consistent and do the same thing every time. Like when measuring BP length. Always try and put the same amount of pressure when you push in to measure.
        Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
        Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
        Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
        http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

for me, i pick the thickest part and using a string or thin cut strip of paper, mark it, then measure the length using a ruler.

Comment

a flat shoe lace is what I use
            Nov 22 2011 BPEL- 7.25'' Girth 5.1''

Comment

I use a tailor's measuring tape. Just try to measure the same way each time. My base is about an inch thicker than my mid-shaft and a half inch thicker than my corona at the glans. So I know if I gain a half inch or an inch at the base, I can pretty much count on that same gain mid-shaft and at the glans. As the others have said, just try to be consistent. I think it is also a good idea to measure several times; but, of course your girth, like your length, is also "waxing and waning." I know I can kegel and get an extra half inch (sometimes more) at any one point along the length of my penis. You might also try measuring your flaccid girth. This too waxes and wanes.

Measuring often has always motivated me to keep at it. I know I can measure temporary length and girth gains, BPEL and flaccid stretch, and this has always been a plus for my whole routine. For some people, this is not helpful. They feel defeated if they don't see their dick budging at all, and they are not as motivated to maintain their routine for the long term.

There are so many variables in p.e., that sometimes it's just better to measure at set intervals, for example, every week, every month, etc.

In the final analysis, you have to think in terms of gains made over a longer period of time, for example, three months, six months, one year, etc.

Just keep telling yourself that you are in for the long haul and that you are here to enjoy each and every session. Counting and measuring? Fa-get-a-bah-tit.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnlocke View Post
                I find I have a similar issue - I'd love to know the answer too!
                Hmm, still waiting What I ment to ask was, I have slight soft skin on top so if I were to twist my penis a little from the saft the skin moves a fair bit. Becuase of this, when I mesure useing a tailers mesure strip should I softly and gently wrap it around, or should I apply presure to it?

The only reaosn I ask is, if I were to penetrate, I wanted to know how much is actually penetrating. If I were to gently wrap it around, I get a reading of around 5.5" if I were to apply a little tug presure I read around 5.2" and thats a big loss.

This is why I asked what is the correct way of mesuring.
                Current:
                16.4CM / 6.4" LENGTH
                13.2CM / 5.2" GIRTH

Starter Goal:
                17CM / 6.8" LENGTH
                15CM / 5.5" GIRTH

Dream Goal:
                18CM / 7.0" LENGTH
                16CM / 6.0" GIRTH

Comment

Anyone? I really need to know before I start. I'm currently 5.5" without the need to "tug" on it a little, but when I do, due to my skin being a little... how should I say... soft on the top layer? It can go down to 5.2" when its "tugged" in.

Help! I was getting pissy that I had a 5.5" penis, come to find out its only worse by 5.2" ... Can't anyone make a video on how to really mesure it? Also, is there anyway to make my penis really hard instead of only having the insides all hard, becuase the top layer is really soft and its not "rock" hard."
                  Current:
                  16.4CM / 6.4" LENGTH
                  13.2CM / 5.2" GIRTH

Starter Goal:
                  17CM / 6.8" LENGTH
                  15CM / 5.5" GIRTH

Dream Goal:
                  18CM / 7.0" LENGTH
                  16CM / 6.0" GIRTH

Comment

I don't apply any pressure. I just wrap the tape measure around my shaft and let go of one end so that it's touching my shaft all the way around, but is not digging into the skin at all.

There's no right or wrong way though; just be consistent.
                    Start (1st October 2009): 6.25" BPEL, 4.4" EG

Current (1st April 2010): 7.05" BPEL, 4.72" EG

Ultimate Goal: 7.75" BPEL, 5.50" EG

My PE Journey

Comment

Originally posted by BMot View Post
                      I don't apply any pressure. I just wrap the tape measure around my shaft and let go of one end so that it's touching my shaft all the way around, but is not digging into the skin at all.

There's no right or wrong way though; just be consistent.
                      Hmm, this is a bit strange. Measuring the length is not a problem for me, but suddenly loosing 0.3 of an inch is a big deal, especially with girth. There must be the correct way the measure it. I also have another question. If I were to penetrate, how much of my girth is actually being used? Seen as it will be compressed... would it be the 5.2" that I measured?
                      Current:
                      16.4CM / 6.4" LENGTH
                      13.2CM / 5.2" GIRTH

Starter Goal:
                      17CM / 6.8" LENGTH
                      15CM / 5.5" GIRTH

Dream Goal:
                      18CM / 7.0" LENGTH
                      16CM / 6.0" GIRTH

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin View Post
                        If I were to penetrate, how much of my girth is actually being used? Seen as it will be compressed... would it be the 5.2" that I measured?
                        Marvin, I'd say your correct in that assumption. Well, a bit depending on the vagina though...

From reading the thread it seem most guys are not strangling their dicks, but keeping the measure tape (or whatever method of choice is used) touching the penis all the way around.

Is this such a big deal for you man? I'm sure that when you're in bed those .3 inches are not what counts to your girl! Just keep doing PE and it will grow for sure.
                        "History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again."
                        - Maya Angelou

Comment

Aww, this sucks so bad. I mesured it for real for real this time and... It only turned out to be 13-13.5CM (well, at most .5) Which = 5.1-5.3 inches... Man this sucks so bad... When I started I thought I was 5.5" now I measure 5.1"... Thats a big fucking loss. My life couldn't get any worse. fuck fuck... FUCK!

(has anyone else experienced this?)
                          Current:
                          16.4CM / 6.4" LENGTH
                          13.2CM / 5.2" GIRTH

Starter Goal:
                          17CM / 6.8" LENGTH
                          15CM / 5.5" GIRTH

Dream Goal:
                          18CM / 7.0" LENGTH
                          16CM / 6.0" GIRTH

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin View Post
                            Aww, this sucks so bad. I mesured it for real for real this time and... It only turned out to be 13-13.5CM (well, at most .5) Which = 5.1-5.3 inches... Man this sucks so bad... When I started I thought I was 5.5" now I measure 5.1"... Thats a big fucking loss. My life couldn't get any worse. fuck fuck... FUCK!
                            Come on Marvin, your life could be way worse! In your position, you are in the absolute best possible place to be... RIGHT HERE on these forums. You will find everything you need here, and a bunch of goodhearted helpful people.

Some time from now you will be glad you did those measurements and you will be proud as hell over the progress you've made - that is if you stick to it, now that you know it's possible!

Loose the attitude and turn it into PE energy; it's not a big fucking loss for you, instead there are some big fucking gains ahead of you!

Good luck! Let me know how it goes.
                            "History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again."
                            - Maya Angelou

Comment

Hey Larry, thanks for the advice I think I posted in your thread... Not sure though. How much did you work to get an inch gain in length? Also, did you focus more on length or girth? As your girth didn't shoot up like your length. Just curious.
                              Current:
                              16.4CM / 6.4" LENGTH
                              13.2CM / 5.2" GIRTH

Starter Goal:
                              17CM / 6.8" LENGTH
                              15CM / 5.5" GIRTH

Dream Goal:
                              18CM / 7.0" LENGTH
                              16CM / 6.0" GIRTH

Comment

Working...
                              X