L-Arginine dosage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L-Arginine dosage?

Hey i bought my first bottle of L-Arginine yesterday and i took the recommend dosage (500mg). However, I just did several searches on the forum and i realized guys are taking 2000-3000mg. What amount do you guys recommend for good results?

Hi Hks,

Like you, i am looking to try & decide on the right amount of l-arginine to take.Probably reading all of the same articles online.

I have increased the amount I have taken up to about 8-10g - half in am & half later on. I do feel an effect when have taken the higher dose.

I do not seem to have had any negative side effects, and at the higher dose, I do notice a positive effect on blood flow ~ good flaccid.

I have seen an interesting article about combining Arginine Pyroglutamate with L-Lysine & how you do not need any thing like as much - 2g of each per 100llbs of bodyweight

I primarily want to use for it's effect on PE rather than HGH - so I am just going to play around with lower doses also & see what gives the desired result.
    Vulcan
    7.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>8.125"BPEL (current)
    5.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>5.75"EG (current)

Comment

Just a note to members reading here, large arginine doses can cause herpes outbreaks in some.

Comment

Since I posted earlier - I am having some stomach discomfort. Going to bring the Arginine down to 500-1000mg
        Vulcan
        7.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>8.125"BPEL (current)
        5.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>5.75"EG (current)

Comment

Other threads on this forum advise 5 - 6 grams per day. It is also recommended you use L-Arginine eythel ester powder instead L-Arginine tablets. Apparently, the plain L-Arginine tablets are flushed through your system with only minimal absorption. It is also important that it is cycled out every month or so. I personally get a head ache if I take more than 3 grams per day.

I bought a 1000 gram container from Nutrabio.com for about $50, but it is cheaper for larger quantities. I use a tablespoon (about 4g) in my KP erection tea.
          Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
          12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
          12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
          01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
          01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
          01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
          Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

vulcan, im going to try 1000-1500mg and see what happens. I think 2000-3000mg is too much. By the way im curious how long you guys saw the effect of this good old L-Arginine

Comment

If you have ever tried the L-Arginine powder, then you know what I'm about to say. I am quite sure that a glass of milk after sitting out in the the hot sun for 19 hours and having a dog piss in it 5 times would taste better than L-Arginine powder. So, in short, wow does it taste like shit. Personally, I started taking L-Arginine at 500mg per day, then went to 1,000mg, and eventually to 3,000mg. I had no reaction out of it whatsoever, so I quit taking it. Then I read somewhere about trying higher dosages. I worked my way up to 10,000mg a day. At about 6,000mg I started noticing changes. My flaccid was better, my erections seemed more frequent, and I know damn well it started making me cum a lot more. I currently get in about 8,000mg per day - 4,000mg from capsules and another 4,000mg in the protein powder I take twice a day. REMINDER: you have to experiment with dosages with everything. If you're body hits the level of having too much L-Arginine, you'll get the shits something fierce. Your limit might be lower than mine...

Comment

hey guys

Just found this site today which i really like, although I have been doing my research a while on this subject, i just got mine via mail today but I think yall should check into L-Arginine Plus, its 5,000 mg per serving although it does say take 2 servings a day i have read its too much for some people you could change the amount you take.. its powder form and taste like grape and it tastes like kool-ade with no sugar.... not near as bad as other l-arginine powders out there. Like i said i just got it in the mail today so ill give it a couple weeks and ill post a review.. But this powder has other amino's in it as well thats good for cardiovascular health so definitely worth checking out. In my research ive read that there arent really any health affects except one that caught my attention that said people taking 30 grams (30,000 mg) a day had higher chance of some cancers although the affect of l-arginine helps prevent other types... not sure who would be taking that much in a day though lol. I also read about taking Pycnogenol with l-arginine from an article in Mens Health titled "The Hardness Factor" http://www.menshealth.com/health/hardness-factor
                Wetto
                Last edited by Wetto; 06-10-2011, 05:30 PM.

Comment

I bought a big container from bodybuilding.com for real cheap and I typically take 5 grams before a workout. Works great for me.

But everyone has a different tolerance.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                    Just a note to members reading here, large arginine doses can cause herpes outbreaks in some.
                    I've heard this too, but obviously it only applies to someone who has herpes in the first place...

When I buy l-arg I take lots, like 5g+, sometimes 6 or 7g, in a day - but usually only in the 2-3 days before having sex (my GF and I live in different towns and usually only get to see each other at weekends). I don't really notice any effect on erection quality but it makes a big difference to semen quantity; in combination with zinc, celery, some vitamins and plenty of water, she said I produced "four times" the normal amount when we saw each other last Friday after a few days apart, and she's not the sort to exaggerate just to flatter me.

I've never noticed any particular gastric or intestinal discomfort - maybe once or twice actually, nothing that couldn't be handled with some over-the-counter anti-diarrhoea pills. I've heard horror stories about the taste but avoid this by buying it in capsule form, which might be more expensive but is still fairly cheap. It's half price in Holland and Barrett at the moment, for the benefit of any British PEGYMers.

Comment

Working...
                    X