Unconventional Opinion: Fast gains aren't what you should want

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unconventional Opinion: Fast gains aren't what you should want

As the title reads, I feel that fast gains may actually not be the ideal at all in terms of PE, and shouldn't even be the goal. Even though it would of course be awesome to gain an inch in 4 months, going in looking for fast gains seems like a surefire way to overdo it and end up injuring yourself. Further, someone who gains 2 inches over 3-4 years seems far more likely to have a healthier, and more reliable penis than someone who gained 2 inches in a year and a half. I've seen too many stories of people who gained super quick, then vanished after their penis went numb or they stopped getting erections. But the people who were able to stick around for the long term achieved their gains gradually.

Like gaining muscle, looking to reach Michael B Jordan in Creed II in half a year seems like a surefire way to injure your body, become discouraged early on, and even if you somehow achieve it, end up with a body which is slow, unathletic, or otherwise troubled by the fact that it's changed at a speed it wasn't particularly designed to. But gradual gains in muscle, over the years, result in a body which is strong, beautiful, and useful in it's athleticism and agility. This is just my opinion in the best way and speed to achieve gains.

TL;DR: To a certain point, the slower the gains, the better, as it makes it much more likely to have a healthy, functioning and strong penis
    Hi! Good luck on your PE journey :)

You can read my own progress here.

This view is not unconventional it is widely held among Pe vets.

Comment

True, I've set my final goal for 6 years but I'd be happy if I was 8x5.75 by my 6 years goal. I would continue and hope to hit my final goal in 10-15 years. If I have made very minimum gains in 6 years that just aren't worth the effort then I will probably discontinue. The highest I've ever measured whilst sitting with 100% EQ after 2-3 months PE was 7.52x5.4 so if I get above that then I know I'm on the right track and I measure standing now too which gives me less of a reading.
      Start: BPEL - 7.008", MEG - 5.197"
      Current: BPEL - 7.126", MEG - 5.118"

Goal: BPEL - 9", MEG - 6.5"

Comment

I think we're trying to strike a balance between speed, permanence,safety. Show no progress, your going to quit. Do the work and lose it, you're going to be disappointed. Injure yourself and you're going to regret it.

Time under tension is far more important than amount of tension. People in a rush, like myself, increase the tension to speed the gains (or see any gains) and risk injury and burnout.

Rightsize the tension, increase the duration, be comfortable/enjoyable and safe permanent gains will come. I don't know if my gains will be permanent, but I enjoy the maintenance, so I'm hoping they will be.

Comment

I've said it before and will say it again:

Slow and steady wins the race. Meaning do some PE work, make gains, cement gains, take break, start again, etc. The body will adjust to the “new normal”, then you could start again and potential make more gains.

Theoretically, if you don’t go slow, stop and allow the body to adjust to the new normal, then maybe you get stuck at a certain level, or a plateau because you are not allowing for the tissue to grow.

So, going slow and taking breaks is not wasting time, as it contributes towards the end goal. We fall into a trap thinking we cannot stop tugging, or we need to pull more longer, but it is important to slow down and do all that needs to be done carefully and mindfully.
          03/2015 Start <Able to last ~ 2 mins PIV>
          Thread
          12/2019 EL: +2.2 MEG: +1 <Able to last 60+ mins PIV>

Comment

Easy come, Easy go.
            Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
            Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

We say this every day on the forum.
              League of Legends ​/ Top Performers / Pull the Chute

My Log / KITJ / KITV / Phallosan Tips / 2014 Challenge Statistics

Comment

I think the issue with fast gains too is once they stop or let up, a lot might quit.

I gained around 1" pretty quickly imo, but after that it has been a snails pace if anything. You just have to keep going at it and hope one day you see measurable progress again, and start maybe expecting 0.125" every 6 months vs every month.
                Original/Current Stats:
                2014-09-01: BPEL 6.8"/NBPEL 6" MEG 5.0", BPFL 5"/NBPFL 4" FG 4.4"
                2019-03-16: BPEL 8"/NBPEL 6.75" MEG 5.2", BPFL 6.75"/NBPFL 5.5" FG 4.5"

Goals:
                Realistic: BPEL 8.5"/NBPEL 7.5" MEG 5.5"
                Optimistic: BPEL 9"/NBPEL 8" MEG 5.75"
                Dream: BPEL 10"/NBPEL 9" MEG 6.5"

Comment

Agreed. My boss called me and a coworker turtles. he said yall work around like turtles. I immediately thought about turtling and pe....Then I relized he meant we walk slow...lol

anyways yes the story of the tortoise and the hare is so true.

Originally posted by incogneeetoe View Post
                  I've said it before and will say it again:

Slow and steady wins the race. Meaning do some PE work, make gains, cement gains, take break, start again, etc. The body will adjust to the “new normal”, then you could start again and potential make more gains.

Theoretically, if you don’t go slow, stop and allow the body to adjust to the new normal, then maybe you get stuck at a certain level, or a plateau because you are not allowing for the tissue to grow.

So, going slow and taking breaks is not wasting time, as it contributes towards the end goal. We fall into a trap thinking we cannot stop tugging, or we need to pull more longer, but it is important to slow down and do all that needs to be done carefully and mindfully.
                  This is a whole subject in and of itself I wish were a big thread. Some say, like bib, dont miss a day ever , just go light, for years of you want to make gains. Some say take some time off, maybe a week, every 3 months or so. Theres so many ideas. Obviously you can overdo it, and under-do it so its getting that balance correctly.

I haven't gained much at all in the ruler in five months of hanging; however flaccid hangs lower, esp when penis is warmer, wrapped, and I may have gained some.
                  PEispossible
                  Member of the Month Dec 2019
                  Last edited by PEispossible; 04-14-2019, 10:45 PM.
                  Pe log https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...-pe-s-log.html

Comment

Years ago I was training as a chef. The head chef asked me to work the busing station for an evening because the main washer was out sick.
                    So I said "Sure, I used to wash dishes, I am quick at it".
                    And the chef said to me "The purpose of washing dishes is not quick, the purpose is clean."

Always stuck with me. Seems we can apply the same lesson here. The purpose is not to be quick, the purpose is to get permanent gains.
                    03/2015 Start <Able to last ~ 2 mins PIV>
                    Thread
                    12/2019 EL: +2.2 MEG: +1 <Able to last 60+ mins PIV>

Comment

Working...
                    X