Taking a break from PE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking a break from PE

After around ~7 months of PE without a real break I decided to take a week off, and I can already see benefits from it My question is: can I increase the intensity of my workout after a week off or should I continue with my usual routine when starting up again? I was supposed to up the intensity of my routine this monday(04-03) but decided to take a break instead. I'll start again monday (11-03)

It's good to take a week or 2 off every 3-6 months. Should see rebound gains, I've always noticed the most positive PIs after taking a few days off

I would start with your usual routine and then slowly begin increasing intensity. No need to perform a conditioning routine again after just a week off.

Maybe do a week of usual routine, if positive PIs then begin increasing intensity on your 2nd week.
    Start: BPEL - 7.008", MEG - 5.197"
    Current: BPEL - 7.126", MEG - 5.118"

Goal: BPEL - 9", MEG - 6.5"

Comment

Reset your reps in a "2 steps forward/1 step back" manner. This would be difficult if you're going by a 7 month timetable. so you might want to backtrack to where you were 3-4 weeks prior to your break and reset the volume to that point. This is assuming you've been progressive with each of your sessions.
      Want One FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

25 years of experience in male enhancement now compiled into a 192 page instantly downloadable ebook -CLAIM YOURS HERE NOW for $7 (instead of $37)

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
        Reset your reps in a "2 steps forward/1 step back" manner. This would be difficult if you're going by a 7 month timetable. so you might want to backtrack to where you were 3-4 weeks prior to your break and reset the volume to that point. This is assuming you've been progressive with each of your sessions.
        What does it mean 2 steps forward/1 step back please

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by SJPMSD18 View Post
          What does it mean 2 steps forward/1 step back please

Thx
          Sure he means take a step back and then 2 steps forward. As in if you was doing 5 min clamping 4 weeks ago and 10 min clamping before your week off then go back to 5 min clamping and progress to 10 min clamping and then 15 min clamping just as an example. Big Al can confirm this though.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys
            My routine 3-4 weeks ago and up until monday 04-03 was 3x5 min bm with 3 min jelq in between 2days on 1 day off, so I should just do that routine? for how long? - should I be doing it for 2 weeks seeing if I have positive PI's and made some gains; if yes: continue, if not: increase intensity?
            Last edited by BigKnob; 03-06-2019, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigKnob View Post

My routine 3-4 weeks ago and up until monday 04-03 was 3x5 min bm with 3 min jelq in between 2days on 1 day off, so I should just do that routine? for how long? - should I be doing it for 2 weeks seeing if I have positive PI's and made some gains; if yes: continue, if not: increase intensity?
              If no PIs, increase intensity. If bad PIs, decrease and vice versa. What was your routine before your week off?

Comment

For the "2 steps forward/1 step back" method, you'd take the average of the lowest and highest reps you performed in the previous cycle and use it to start your new cycle baseline.

Did you perform the same routine without adding reps/time?

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

25 years of experience in male enhancement now compiled into a 192 page instantly downloadable ebook -CLAIM YOURS HERE NOW for $7 (instead of $37)

Comment

Originally posted by djmotion View Post
                  Sure he means take a step back and then 2 steps forward. As in if you was doing 5 min clamping 4 weeks ago and 10 min clamping before your week off then go back to 5 min clamping and progress to 10 min clamping and then 15 min clamping just as an example. Big Al can confirm this though.
                  If he was performing at 5 minutes on the low end and 10 at the high end, this would average to 7.5 minutes.

Comment

I like how there is one exception from hanging. hanging really light or like an ads
                    Pe log https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...-pe-s-log.html

Comment

Originally posted by djmotion View Post
                      If no PIs, increase intensity. If bad PIs, decrease and vice versa. What was your routine before your week off?
                      my routine as i mentioned 3x5 min bm with 3 min jelq in between

Comment

For the "2 steps forward/1 step back" method, you'd take the average of the lowest and highest reps you performed in the previous cycle and use it to start your new cycle baseline.

Did you perform the same routine without adding reps/time?
                        my routine as i mentioned 3x5 min bm with 3 min jelq in between i did not add time, because i took a break instead of adding time. i was supposed to do 4x5 min bm with 3 min jelq in between this week but took a break instead. should i just do the 3x5 min when i get back or what are u suggesting?

Comment

my routine as i mentioned 3x5 min bm with 3 min jelq in between i did not add time, because i took a break instead of adding time. i was supposed to do 4x5 min bm with 3 min jelq in between this week but took a break instead. should i just do the 3x5 min when i get back or what are u suggesting?
                          To be clear- you did not add any time during each session since you started this regimen?

Comment

To be clear- you did not add any time during each session since you started this regimen?
                            Nope

Comment

If you feel worn out then you can backtrack a bit on your volume (after a training break) to restart the cycle. If you wish to force progress you're going to need to regularly add reps and intensity at some point, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X