Do older men make gains faster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do older men make gains faster?

Been on this forum for a while and a common trend I keep noticing is many of the older men seem to be making much more significant gains as a result of PE and much quicker. I don't know if I'm mistaken or if what I notice seems to be the case. What is the explanation to this phenomenon?

My conjecture would be that a decent another amount of the gains are actually improvements in EQ. So because of that it might seem like older guys are gaining faster.

Comment

I started PE at age 68 and have only made modest but satisfactory gains.
      Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
      12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
      12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
      01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
      01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
      01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
      Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

As stated I agree a lot may be because of gains in EQ.

My other theory would be that older men are more likely to have the time, space, and privacy to continually and consistently practice PE. Their also more patient. All the young bucks want to know the fastest way to gain, the best way, etc. They maybe jump around routines more, lose faith more, get anxious or ancy or upset. Also maybe more careful. Some guys want to try to use as much tension or force as possible, or over work themselves, and this actually causes everything to strengthen instead of lengthen.

But to answer the question, the time it takes for the body to heal gets longer as you age, so technically younger guys should be able to gain faster. Also, if you abstain from ejaculation, you produce much more T the younger you are and this amps pe gains a lot.
        Start Sept '18 BPEL 6.0. NBPEL 5.75 GIR 4.75 BPFSL 6.25
        Current Mar '19: BPEL 7.0 NBPEL 6.50 GIR 5.0 BPFSL 7.25
        1" BPEL in 6 months album

Comment

Originally posted by D6ggy9tyle View Post
          As stated I agree a lot may be because of gains in EQ.
          This is probably a big factor. Not always, but with a large percentage of the older guys.

Originally posted by D6ggy9tyle View Post
          My other theory would be that older men are more likely to have the time, space, and privacy to continually and consistently practice PE. Their also more patient. All the young bucks want to know the fastest way to gain, the best way, etc. They maybe jump around routines more, lose faith more, get anxious or ancy or upset. Also maybe more careful. Some guys want to try to use as much tension or force as possible, or over work themselves, and this actually causes everything to strengthen instead of lengthen.
          This is probably the bigger factor. The ability to be patient and stick to it with consistency.
          For a younger person the idea of having to dedicate a couple of years to this is daunting. 2 years when you are 20 is a long time. 2 years when you are 50 is no big deal.
          03/2015 Start <Able to last ~ 2 mins PIV>
          Thread
          12/2019 EL: +2.2 MEG: +1 <Able to last 60+ mins PIV>

Comment

I believe another factor is some older men who have lost size regain size through PE.

Comment

I believe for myself, it's been available time to put into PE and patience. Stress due to work responsibilities, commuting all that is non existent now.
              There are new stresses but none that I feel would impact the time needed to devote to PE; lost size didn't apply to me. One thing I thrive on is a challenge and PE has been a challenge the past 10+ years.
              Sir Bedevere: ...and that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana shaped.
              King Arthur: This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.

Comment

Working...
              X