Fat Pad Reduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Pad Reduction

In addition to generally losing weight, what are some ways to target the Fat Pad? Some say abdominals are good and others say it will make it worse. Any thoughts? Has anyone had luck with this?

You can not spot reduce body fat. You have to get really lean in order for you to have virtually no fat pad. Just get to a minimum of 12% body fat if you want to reduce your fat pad and look good.

Comment

Weight loss is the chief way unfortunately it is very variable and some guys lose pad at high bf% and others seem to need to get into single figures to have little pad . Last time I was circa 12% I was just under an inch pad .

There is also surgical reduction and coolsculpt .

Just a point here that may be of interest pad seems to be associated with visceral (internal ) bodyfat . So this is laid down prefentially when there is high cortosial levels . So I suspect lowering cortosil levels as you lose bodyfat will help pad loss.

Comment

Abdominal exercises will tighten the musculature of the surrounding area. This is importan- as this simple experiment will show:

Stand in front of a mirror nude, and relax your abdomen, Observe the state of your penis. Now tighen your abdomen- and observe how more of the penis appears exposed.
        Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Like BBC said you can't spot reduce. Fat on the body is like water in the lake. It decreases fairly evenly. The body doesnt burn fat from the area of excersize. In fact, the body doesn't burn fat at all unless glygocen stores are used up in the liver and needs to turn to ****nes for energy.
          Start Sept '18 BPEL 6.0. NBPEL 5.75 GIR 4.75 BPFSL 6.25
          Current Mar '19: BPEL 7.0 NBPEL 6.50 GIR 5.0 BPFSL 7.25
          1" BPEL in 6 months album

Comment

Originally posted by D6ggy9tyle View Post
            Like BBC said you can't spot reduce. Fat on the body is like water in the lake. It decreases fairly evenly. The body doesnt burn fat from the area of excersize. In fact, the body doesn't burn fat at all unless glygocen stores are used up in the liver and needs to turn to ****nes for energy.
            Where do you get this? . Don't tell me from a bodybyuilder.

I mean the glycogen thing.
            Pegasus
            Administrator
            PE Gym Editor
            PEGym Hero
            Admin of the Month Mar 2015
            Last edited by Pegasus; 06-01-2019, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post

Glycogen is a form of energy. Body needs alternative energy requirements in order to burn fat or it will store fat for energy and feed on lean muscle tissue instead so yeah glycogen is essential and is why people have a post-workout meal containing plenty of carbs and protein. That's what the hour window is for, to replenish glycogen.
              Start: BPEL - 7.008", MEG - 5.197"
              Current: BPEL - 7.126", MEG - 5.118"

Goal: BPEL - 9", MEG - 6.5"

Comment

Originally posted by djmotion View Post
                Glycogen is a form of energy. Body needs alternative energy requirements in order to burn fat or it will store fat for energy and feed on lean muscle tissue instead so yeah glycogen is essential and is why people have a post-workout meal containing plenty of carbs and protein. That's what the hour window is for, to replenish glycogen.
                You do realise some fat is burned during exercise when the glycogen levels are far less than depleted ?

Comment

You do realise some fat is burned during exercise when the glycogen levels are far less than depleted ?
                  Yeah because during exercise your body converts fat to be used as fuel (only a really small amount). This doesn't mean one can walk into a gym and leave having lost 10 lbs of fat. The majority of actual fat is burned during sleep as the body recovers. The glycogen is essential especially for weight lifters because it prevents the body from feeding on lean tissue post-workout as it needs more fuel to recover properly. The majority of what you do in the gym means nothing if you don't feed your body properly after the workout.

Comment

Every time you eat, specifically carbs or sugar, the body stores it in the liver as Glycogen. Much of the excess will be stored as fat, the rest will be excreted. When you are satiated your body spikes insulin and is in a "storing" state. It is digesting and storing this food in these ways.

DJ was on the right track, for building muscle, the bodys building blocks for it is protein. But it needs carbohydrates as part of the process to utilize that protein. Though that is irrelevant to this. But the insulin response does matter for this.

Anyway, for a person of "normal" activity, it takes approx. 12 hours after your last meal in order to use up its glycogen stores. This is why many people think their "hungry" when actually they are "craving". In our common diet, most people basically do this.

Eat, heavy in carbs and sugar, insulin spikes, glycogen begins getting used, as it lowers you then have an insulin crash, it creates sugar cravings, you eat, and the cycle goes on.

But, you're body only uses one mechanism of energy at a time. Either glycogen from the liver, and once this is depleted, it then switches to burning fat as fuel. In order to do this, it begins producing k etones(not sure why that is censored here) which break down the fat into sugar to then be used as energy. This is why the K eto diet aka, low carb is popular for fat loss. If you cut out sugar and carbs, your body only gets so much from meat, fruit, veggies, and grains, and therefore stays in a fat burning state. Theoretically, you could actually be in a caloric surplus and still be losing body fat.

I'm not a bodybuilder. This is not from bodybuilding. It's just physiological science of the body and how it uses energy. Its also why many who do cardio to lose weight are unsuccessful. They go to the gym, burn down some of their glycogen stores, then go eat and replenish them, and never actually switch to a fat burning state.

Theres an abundance of more detailed science on the subject all throughout the internet you may look up if you care to know more.

Another note though, is that humans evolved going through "feast and famine". Its why fat stores. To be utilized for energy later on when there is no immediate energy available (glycogen). The fat burning state is also the detoxifying state. It burns fat and also burns and removes toxins, etc when its energy isnt being used to store food. Its also why "food comas" happen, all your blood and energy gets focused on digestion making you tired.

Anyway, 3 meals a day in modern times has us in a continual storage state and this is very likely a cause for the extreme amount of cancers and diseases like heart disease that has become so prevalent today.

Comment

No, actually it is not.

Comment

No, actually it is not.
                        Ah bro science and bodybuilding sigh . Never mind lots of other bro science fans onsite and I don't want to threadjack .
                        Bottomline op is lose bodyfat or surgical type options.

Comment

Ah bro science and bodybuilding sigh . Never mind lots of other bro science fans onsite and I don't want to threadjack .
                          Bottomline op is lose bodyfat or surgical type options.
                          Pegasus, aren't you a moderator? I'm getting really sick of your snide, rude, ignorant, insulting responses you have given me quite a few times now on multiple threads and it's getting old. If you're going to own that role you should start acting appropriately.

This is not "bro science". Look, I understand its been 40+ years since you've been in school. So I'm not sure if it's ignorance, stubborness, old inaccurate information, or simply your personal assumptions that you just assume are right. But these days, this is just common, basic excersize science. If you go to school for any area of it, like Kinesiology for example, this is in your 101 class. (That means the most basic, freshman, intro class). All you needed to do was one very simple google search about glycogen stores and fat burning.

So in the nicest way possible, seriously just fuck off.

Comment

I'm not a bodybuilder. This is not from bodybuilding. It's just physiological science of the body and how it uses energy. Its also why many who do cardio to lose weight are unsuccessful. They go to the gym, burn down some of their glycogen stores, then go eat and replenish them, and never actually switch to a fat burning state.
                            You are right on this to a certain extent if you are only referring to people doing cardio. If cardio is performed and people eat to replenish glycogen then more than likely no fat will be lost but if someone is doing weight training and cardio and eats to replenish glycogen then it will aid in the recovery of lean tissue and result in more muscle mass. This then results in a higher metabolism and therefore, quicker fat loss.

Definitely essential for weight training. Gummy bears, some of the pros fave glycogen post-workout munches I had my best results at the gym when I was eating correctly around my workouts. When I wasn't, my body never changed no matter how hard I went at it in the gym.

Comment

Just as a side note. I know science may say "this" or "that" but in the gym we actually do use what many refer to as "broscience". We tend to break the rules, doctors will advise one thing but our broscience says do the other. Doctors don't really know anything about bodybuilding and will always advise against the things we do. I'm more towards powerlifting myself but do bodybuilding now and again.

Comment

Working...
                              X