PEGym Book Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PEGym Book Club

Hi. So I mentioned in my Progress log that I was thinking of making a thread for book reviews or recommendations specifically on PE related books. At present I have 4 PE books and I intend to review them all for you here.

I would note that I am not yet an expert at PE, I am learning and I hope to one day be pretty knowledgeable about it. This is part of the reason I have started reading books on the topic. So I am in no position to be telling any of you how to do PE, but I'm confident I can recognise good or bad books. So I have bought and will read them so that you guys can decide whether they are worth your money and time, or if they are crap!

If any of you have read a PE book, please review it! If any of you have written a PE book, let us know about it.

Here I will list the book's that have currently been reviewed by the book club (and their location):

'Penis Enlargement: The Industry's Secret Techniques' - Clarke, A. (2018), Page 1
    'The 90-Day Penis Enlargement Workout' - R.T. Ferguson (2013), Page 1
    'The Ultimate Guide to Male Enhancement' - AJ Alfaro (2019) *SAMPLE CHAPTERS ONLY*, Page 2
    'Natural Way to Penis Enlargement' - Lisa Kafe, Page 2
    'The Daring Dairy of Dicks: 21 Ways to Bulk Him Up (2018) - Andrew King, Page 3
    'The Penis Book' (2018) - Spitz M.D., Aaron, Page 4
    'How to live with a Huge Penis' (2009) - Jacob, Dr R. & Thomas, Rev. O., Page 4
    Cpt. Jean-Luc Dickhard
    Last edited by Cpt. Jean-Luc Dickhard; 07-06-2020, 07:30 AM. Reason: Updating list
    'Things are only impossible until they're not'

Captain's Log

Read a PE book? Please review it for PEGym Book Club!

Penis Enlargement: The Industry's Secret Techniques, Clarke, A. (2018)

So the first book I will review is this one: Penis Enlargement: The Industry's Secret Techniques by Alexandre Clarke, published 2018. I got it from Amazon. Apologies I am on my phone and it won't let me add an attachment, I had wanted to include a picture of the cover, but I cant. The cover image is a woman gazing up at what's between a man's legs (unseen) with an expression of open-mouthed amazement. The picture quality is good and the feel of the book is small, lightweight but of reasonable quality.

E5B5D5E0-3E8F-4FC1-B72C-FF4E5E1AC970.jpg

This is a small book, many books on PE are. The font size is large - again this is pretty common. I have a cynical theory that this oversize font is used to pad the book out, so it takes up more pages and looks like a proper book rather than a leaflet! Anyway, this one runs to 96 pages. Due to the large font size it is a quick read, you could comfortably read it in a couple of hours.

Chapter 1 addresses what the author states does or doesn't work (in his belief) in the field of PE. In summary:
    - Penis pills: only work for EQ, not size gains (some EQ boosting supps are listed)
    - surgery: works but is fraught with dangers and is not endorsed by the author
    - extenders can work and are discussed over a couple of pages
    - air based pumps can work but there are downsides
    - water based pumps are presented as making airbases pumps largely obsolete, mainly good for girth gains.
    - hanging does also work but is an advanced technique
    - clamping for mainly girth also works, also advanced. Possible injuries are discussed.
    - manual exercises are then outlined and stated that they are the approach the book endorses and then continues with in chapter 2.

I enjoyed the discussion of different methods in chapter 1, as a newcomer I found it a quick and interesting overview.
    Chapter 2 the goes into more detail about jelqing techniques (basic and V-shape jelqs), penis stretches, helicopter shakes, horse squeeze and kegels.
    Again I found this all interesting and useful.

Chapter 3 is the authors beginners routine, which is manual exercises and I think is explained well enough to be usable.
    Chapter 4 continues and outlines the intermediate version of the routine to progress to and Chapter 5 is the advanced version for use after you plateau on the intermediate program.

Chapter 6 changes topic to overcoming premature ejaculation, discussing the topic, medicated creams and then detailing various techniques that may help.

Chapter 7 is the conclusion and advice on 'cementing your gains' including several pages of Q&As. The answers to some of which are interesting, including one that goes into detail about supplements that may be relevant for penis health.

At present this book is £9.75 on Amazon.
    I think that is pretty steep for such a small book (given its short length and that it is padded out by using a large font size). But it is reasonably well put together and I enjoyed reading it. I am sure that most of the advice in the book is not revolutionary secret knowledge, I doubt a veteran PE guy from the gym here would learn much new from it, but as a newbie I am glad I got it.

PE book score: 5/10
    Cpt. Jean-Luc Dickhard
    Last edited by Cpt. Jean-Luc Dickhard; 06-13-2020, 12:45 PM. Reason: Add photo

Captain's Log

Comment

Idk if you’ve already read it but check out “ living enlarged” by Doc King. It’s all about PE but told in a story of one man journey, free on Amazon. Keep up good work!
      Start 5/2017 FL: 5" BPEL: 6.5" FG: 3.75" EG: 5" (On/Off 2 years)
      8/2019 FL: 5.25" BPEL: 7.25 FG: 4.5" EG: 5.8"
      8/2020 FL: 5.25" BPEL: 7.33" FG: 5.25" EG: 6"
      8/2021 FL: 5.35” BPEL: 7.4” FG: 5.35” EG: 6.1”
      Current 2/2022 FL: 5.5” BPEL: 7.5” FG: 5.5” EG: 6.15”
      My New Goal FL: 6" BPEL: 7.75" FG: 5.5" EG: 6.25"

Comment

Originally posted by Cabba View Post
        Idk if you’ve already read it but check out “ living enlarged” by Doc King. It’s all about PE but told in a story of one man journey, free on Amazon. Keep up good work!
        Thanks for the supportive words Cabba, I'll have a look for that one. I wonder if Doc king is Andrew King who wrote 'the daring diary of dicks', which I have and will review here when I've read it.

Captain's Log

Comment

Nice thread, Captain. I'm looking forward to future reviews/suggestions.
          START : 2/6/2020
          BPEL : 5.875" - BaseEG : 5.25" - MSEG : 5.0"
          CURRENT : 11/18/2021
          BPEL : 7.5" - BaseEG : 5.75" - MSEG : 5.75"

BPEL GOAL : 7.5+" - MSEG GOAL : 5.75+"

MadYogi's PE Log

Comment

'The 90-Day Penis Enlargement Workout' - R.T. Ferguson (2013)

So the second book I will review is this one, 'The 90-Day Penis Enlargement Workout' by R. Thomas Ferguson.

2E5C1D5B-FB0F-4060-BEE9-4262207F9BBB.jpg

It's another small book, 74 pages and the font is not small but is slightly smaller than in Clarke's Penis Enlargement book. The cover has a woman with tousled hair giving you a very knowing smile.
            As you might expect from the title, this book is entirely geared towards building up to and introducing Ferguson's 90 day routine.
            Clarke's book was more of a general overview introduction to PE as a subject, suitable for someone who knows nothing or little of PE. I feel like a couple of hours spent reading Clarke's book would take you from knowing nothing about PE to having a basic knowledge of a lot of the topic.

This one is more for someone who knows a little about PE and thinks yes I want to do it and I want to do a manual routine (i.e. one just using nuour hands, not devices). 90 day intro routines seem common in PE, such as the famous JP90 here in the gym. So the approach here seems credible and well delivered, I think someone could follow Ferguson's advice quite easily.

The book starts with a sort of glossary explaining a lot of PE acronyms: MEG, BPEL, BPFSL, NBPEL, EQ (including a 1-10 value system for rating erection strength which is relevant for subsequent exercises), PI etc. And then a lot of definitions of other PE terms. Ferguson then gives his own story of how he got into PE and the benefits he feels it brings.
            The next chapter (the chapters are not numbered but I don't think the into or definitions would count as chapters necessarily so I would count this as chapter 2) covers safety and is quite a good and detailed guide to PI's including some example scenarios and advice on what to do you pick up an injury.
            Next is some advice on what to do as you start out in PE, like taking good measurements, pictures and some basic things you will want to have on hand.
            By page 43 we are then onto the real substance of the book, in a chapter suitably titled 'the meat and potatoes'. Ferguson outlines warmups, rice sock, 5-directional stretches and the classic grip jelq - you are then equipped with everything you need to begin his 90 day routine. He provides a day by day schedule listing workout days (including rep numbers) and rest days, with grids included for you to write in as well. The first phase is meant to be followed for 4 weeks.
            The OK grip jelq is then explained and you are ready, when appropriate, to move on to the next stage of his plan, from week 5. Same format with schedules and grids is provided.
            Finally, squeeses and Bundled stretches are introduced as these are needed for weeks 9-13, which takes you to the end of his 90 day routine.

It's a short book, and I think to be an introduction to PE it could benefit from more detail of other aspects, but for anyone sure they want to get on and do a 90 day beginner's routine I think this book seems decent.

For what it is, I score it 5.5/10
            Cpt. Jean-Luc Dickhard
            Last edited by Cpt. Jean-Luc Dickhard; 06-13-2020, 12:45 PM. Reason: Add photo

Captain's Log

Comment

Thanks for the photo additions not2big! That's much better.

Captain's Log

Comment

Great thread!

There are some free chapters of my book "The Ultimate Guide To Male Enhancement" posted in the Articles section- starting here: A Summary of the History of Male Enhancement (from The Ultimate Guide To Male Enhancement)

More to come soon!
                Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                  Great thread!

There are some free chapters of my book "The Ultimate Guide To Male Enhancement" posted in the Articles section- starting here: A Summary of the History of Male Enhancement (from The Ultimate Guide To Male Enhancement)

More to come soon!
                  Thanks Al, all contributions to the book club are welcome! I'll be sure to give your chapters a read sometime... Just so long as you don't ban me if I give a negative review

Anyone else who has written a PE related book do please mention or link to it here, likewise anyone who has read any books on PE please post a review.... I didn't say in the original post but that was my hope for this thread , that others would also chip in their reviews.. I might not read enough PE books on my own to sustain a book club! But I can try.
                  Cheers

Captain's Log

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Jean-Luc Dickhard View Post
                    Thanks Al, all contributions to the book club are welcome! I'll be sure to give your chapters a read sometime... Just so long as you don't ban me if I give a negative review

Anyone else who has written a PE related book do please mention or link to it here, likewise anyone who has read any books on PE please post a review.... I didn't say in the original post but that was my hope for this thread , that others would also chip in their reviews.. I might not read enough PE books on my own to sustain a book club! But I can try.
                    Cheers
                    You're most welcome- and an honest review is most appreciated!

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

fyi - no links to any monetized web sites/pages, to include those with pop up ads, offers, and banner ads, etc.
                      Thank you.
                      Admin.
                      Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
                      Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

'The Ultimate Guide to Male Enhancement' - AJ Alfaro (2019) *SAMPLE CHAPTERS ONLY*

Great thread!

More to come soon!

So I have found (in the PEGym articles section) and read 4 chapters from 'The Ultimate Guide to Male Enhancement' (AJ Alfaro - PEGym's 'Big Al', 2019) and thought I would give my thoughts here, though not a full review as I have not read the whole book.
                        The chapters I found were:
                        - Summary of the history of male enhancement
                        - Layman’s Research on the Forums
                        - My Story & About the Client Study
                        - The Importance of Record Keeping
                        It was not always clear whether these were full chapters or excerpts from them. Some in particular I would've wanted to continue reading more on the same topic.

In general, it is well written, in proper English - it seems ridiculous to have to add this as a comment, but of the PE books I have read so far this is not always a given! One in particular that I haven't reviewed for the book club (yet, I will) reads terribly, both the use of English and the presentation, it's like the author was not confident in their use of English and the book was never proof-read (or the formatting and layout checked) by anyone. Luckily this is not the case with the ultimate guide.

If the sample chapters are indicative of the quality of the rest of the book, I would expect the ultimate guide to be a credible and well presented book. It would need to be to justify its price, which I do find quite high - $28.99 paperback (around £23.82) or $24.99 (£20.53) for the pdf.
                        It is worth noting that the paperback is listed as being a substantial 331 pages, so it is hopefully a very comprehensive treatment of the topic. While the two books reviewed above were much cheaper, they are also a fraction of the length. They both also used a large font size, a more typical font size would have made them even smaller. Still, you don't usually find that the price of books multiplies up linearly as the book length increases (ie if book A is 3 times as long as book B, you would expect book A to be more expensive than B but not 3 times more).

So, the chapter samples:

- Summary of the history of male enhancement.
                        I found this really interesting and would have read a lot more information on the historic and cultural variations of PE. I was a little skeptical about seeing Wikipedia cited as a source, but this might be me being old-school, I know most of the time Wikipedia is believed to be about as reliable as many more long-standing sources. The chapter touches on supplements for PE - supplementation could be a big chapter in it's own right (and I hope it is?) - covering what works (for increasing EQ and perhaps giving the illusion of a size increase, and so on) and what doesn't. In this chapter on the history, if supplements are going to be mentioned I found it odd that the famous penis pill type spam emails that everyone in the world has had hundreds of aren't mentioned. They are so well known I would expect a chapter on the history of PE to mention them, even if they aren't a particularly glorious part of the history of PE.

- Layman’s Research on the Forums
                        This chapter covers the Pseudo scientific method followed by pe trainees; the general form this tends to take and the received wisdom (mixed with Al's own advice). The chapter was interesting but it did seem to move quickly from details of the layman's research into the authors advice. I think some more detail on forum use would've been useful - such as the importance of search functions, the potential bias a newcomer can get from talking to just one or two forum members (who are likely to give advice on what has worked or not worked for them - and making decisions based on a sample size of 1 or 2 is perhaps not wise) and also the sense that together, experienced forum members and newcomers alike are helping to build a body of evidence into PE and what does or doesn't work, best ways to make things work effectively, risks, and so on. If I was to be really pedantic (and it looks like I'm going to be) I noticed some of the language is a little colloquial, with "you'd" and "you'll" being used. In context this doesn't seem like a serious problem and some readers may prefer the informal approach and find it creates a pleasant conversational tone and the sense that the author is a friend sharing his knowledge with you.

- The Importance of Record Keeping chapter provides useful advice. The reasons for record keeping for new PE'ers may be obvious, or they may do it simply because they see other forum members have starting, current (and often goal) measurements in their message signature, but it doesn't hurt to have the reasons for it fully laid out. One thing I did find a little jarring was the mention of the authors MaleEnhancementCoach.com business there in the text - I think that would be better placed just as a mention in an 'about the author' section or conclusion. This book may be being read after the male enhancement coaching is no longer available, in which case, in-text references to it would make the book's content seem out of date and might undermine the reader's confidence in it.

- My Story & About the Client Study
                        I found this chapter perhaps the most interesting of all (of the ones I found), charting Al's journey from fitness to PE advisor on internet forums and the concurrent rise of modern PE as a field (and business). It adds to the same sense you get from reading about the history of PE that this is an exciting and ever-changing thing we are a part of. It is a field that we ourselves are helping to build the evidence for, and that it is not just some collection of scams and snake-oil salesmen - as many newcomers may fear!

All in all, I enjoyed reading the sample chapters of the book. That the author is a long-standing and trusted moderator and contributor on PEGym serves as reassurance that you are getting information from a credible source. His enthusiasm for, and knowledge of, the subject is clear. As I said earlier I haven't read the whole book so I won't give a numerical score.
                        Big Al
                        Administrator
                        PEGym Editor
                        Male Enhancement Coach Rep.
                        PEGym Hero
                        Last edited by Big Al; 05-25-2020, 03:33 PM.

Captain's Log

Comment

Thanks for the comprehensive review!

There's a lot more content in the other chapters, and some of what you addressed is expanded upon there.

Comment

Thanks for the comprehensive review!

There's a lot more content in the other chapters, and some of what you addressed is expanded upon there.
                            Good stuff, my pleasure. I imagine it's a decent read.

Captain's Log

Comment

'Natural Way to Penis Enlargement' - Lisa Kafe

Screenshot_20200525-220045.jpg

This book is absolutely terrible. The last page says that it was 'Printed in Great Britain by Amazon', so I assume it is made by someone submitting their book as a file to Amazon for printing. I don't know much about that process or who and at what stage anyone is meant to be responsible for quality assurance but it's like the technical details like layout and formatting have not been checked by anyone. It appears that the book has also not been proof-read by anyone with a reasonable grasp of English.
                              I cannot list all the errors or problems with this book because I would genuinely be writing out the whole book for you. But I will give you examples.
                              The problems start on the cover with a photo of such low reproduction quality that your alarm bells are already ringing. They continue on the first page which is just the title of the book in huge font, so huge that the word enlargement is split across two lines:

Enlargem
                              ent

Which obviously looks pretty ridiculous and makes you think seriously, no one checked this book in even the most superficial way.

The Contents appears next and is 5 pages long, attempting to be far too detailed. Chapter 1 begins on the same page as the end of the contents, which looks pretty amateurish. I have spoken in earlier reviews of the tendency for PE books to use oversized font - in my opinion to make the content stretch to more pages to justify its existence as a book. That phenomenon is definitely present with this book, the font size is much too large, it looks like font in a children's book.
                              The language used throughout reads like a scam email.
                              The first topic covered is the anatomy of the penis.

There are references to figures that do not exist in the book (there are no figures) and picture names with the picture size in KB ... as though a version of the book with pictures present has been incorrectly rendered and not checked by anyone. One non-existent figure is referenced:
                              'these figures approach what research concentrates on have found'...does that make sense to any of you?

The book goes on to touch on penis surgery before moving on to the titles natural methods
                              Some PE related supplements are listed and explained, often incomprehensibly:
                              'korean root ginseng won't not be protected to take on the off chance that you are under medicine or have wellbeing conditions..'

The advice for drinking ginger 'soda tea' is "for best results, drink no less than 2 to some soda tea every day". You got that? From 2 to some.
                              Maca is referred to as a "well known Spanish fly", wtf? I had always thought maca was a plant derivative, but there we go, it's been a fly all along.

Manual techniques are outlined in the book's unique way. Including, for Jelqing: "pull the penis outward with pretty sufficiently much constrain to feel an effortless stretch from the base all through the pole"
                              The book describes kegels (because 'on the off chance that your penis seems little because of poor dissemination', of course) and the use of weights, hangers, warm-ups and some other techniques I've never heard of.

It lists a recommended vitamin and mineral schedule right down to precise doses for each. I had already lost interest by this point but I did notice that the vitamin schedule is repeated a little later in the book, I wouldn't be surprised if there was further repetition of other content but the list was the most obvious.

So, in summary, this book is in my opinion an absolute disaster and I wouldn't recommend anyone read it, ever. It was actually so bad that it was amusing, I found myself laughing in some places.

Score: 1/10

The 1 is because it does cover PE topics. If I had no internet access, no other PE books, no way to get any information about PE, I would rather have this book than nothing. But it's close.
                              Cpt. Jean-Luc Dickhard
                              Last edited by Cpt. Jean-Luc Dickhard; 06-13-2020, 12:38 PM. Reason: Adding photo

Captain's Log

Comment

Working...
                              X