Advice on breaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on breaks

Anyone have advice on when to take a break? Is it good to take breaks? Bib says we shouldn’t take breaks but I see others like marlon and big al say to take a week off about every 6 weeks.

I’ve been hanging with heavy weights with the lg for the last 6 weeks. I really feel close to making some gains and I think I made some very slight ones. I’m really feeling the stretch and kind of don’t want to stop but starting to feel like I need a break but I don’t want to lose any progress.

Also I took 3 days rest last week and when I came back to hanging, I can’t believe how unconditioned I can get in only 3 days off. I had some dark red spots from hanging only 8.5lbs when 3 days earlier I was hanging 15lbs. Any advice on these things?

I should probably hold my tongue and let others chime in first, since I don't do devices, but breaks are absolutely important.

You are remodeling your tissue : creating micro-tears (tissue damage), prompting hypertrophy (cell growth), and hyperplasia (cell proliferation). Anyone who knows what they're talking about regarding physical culture of any kind will tell you recovery is critical. Recovery requires rest (among other things).

I think Big Al's recommendation of 1 week off every 6 weeks is as solid as any general rule I've seen. Of course, everyone is a little different. I would say listen to your body. If you're feeling like you need a break, take a break.

But now I'll yield to others. I'm strictly manual, so perhaps there are better recommendations for hanging and the like.

Cheers.
    madyogi
    Member of the Month April 2020
    PEGym Hero
    Last edited by madyogi; 05-27-2020, 07:55 PM.
    START : 2/6/2020
    BPEL : 5.875" - BaseEG : 5.25" - MSEG : 5.0"
    CURRENT : 11/18/2021
    BPEL : 7.5" - BaseEG : 5.75" - MSEG : 5.75"

BPEL GOAL : 7.5+" - MSEG GOAL : 5.75+"

MadYogi's PE Log

Comment

Working...
    X