Testosterone levels - your thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testosterone levels - your thoughts?

So guys... I got these results over a year ago.. was recommended to go see a endo because the numbers were (low for my age).. but haven't done so.
    For reference I am in my lower 40's, as far as sex drive goes.. its always been strong.. ( I am currently overweight 5/7ish - 200lbs )

TESTOSTERONE, SERUM 404 264-916 ng/dL Final
    Adult male reference interval is based on a population of
    healthy nonobese males (BMI <30) between 19 and 39 years old.
    Travison, et.al. JCEM 2017,102;1161-1173. PMID: 28324103.
    FREE TESTOSTERONE(DIRECT) 9.7 6.8-21.5 pg/mL Final
    RESULT NOTE FASTING NO

They will recommend trt for anything under 12..

Do you have trouble losing weight ?
    If your sex drive is fine it's your choice to you take it or not..
    4ml injection administered every 3 months which results in your level sitting at around 21-31.. (intramuscular deep injection painful)
    You don't have to do it if you dont think it will help..

Most likely this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nandrolone_decanoate not sure if that link is allowed if it isn't please remove.

The Difference Between Testosterone Therapy and Steroids

Hormone Replacement TherapyMenTestosteroneby Charlotte March 21, 2019

Thousands of men experience symptoms of low testosterone, otherwise known as low T, every year. The natural consequences of this hormone disruption aren’t always openly discussed—but they should be. Low sex drive, muscle loss, and diminished energy are just a few of the experiences that are common to men who have low T, and these uncomfortable symptoms can be easily and safely treated through testosterone replacement therapy (TRT).
    There’s only one problem: when some men learn about the possibility of taking testosterone to relieve their symptoms, they immediately think of anabolic steroids and all the negative press that goes with them. They’re not wrong to make that connection. Testosterone medications and anabolic steroids can contain similar or even identical chemical compounds. But their uses, doses, risks, and safety concerns are vastly different.
    While some of the ingredients may be identical, the difference between testosterone therapy and steroids is clear: TRT is a medically supervised treatment that helps men achieve normal levels of testosterone and improve their quality of life. Steroids are used illegally and at dangerously high doses to pursue greater muscle mass and athletic performance.
    Rest assured: If you’re using testosterone with the guidance of a certified medical provider, you’ll be able to safely treat symptoms of low-T without the risks associated with testosterone abuse.
    Understanding Anabolic-Androgenic Steroids

To really understand the difference between TRT and steroids, we need to dive deeper into anabolic-androgenic steroids and their uses. (Anabolic, meaning “muscle building.” Androgenic, meaning “developing male characteristics.”)
    Anabolic steroids are illegal in the United States. These performance-enhancing drugs are made from synthetic androgens—including testosterone—but they’re often “stacked” with other chemicals that are believed to augment performance even further. Because they can’t be obtained legally, many athletes source their steroids from international pharmacies that don’t have the same purity and safety regulations as American pharmacies. Users order whichever drugs they choose at whichever dose they determine is necessary, without counsel or oversight from a medical professional. This use pattern is only one dangerous difference between steroids and TRT.
    The primary goal of taking anabolic steroids is to build muscle mass and increase recovery speed between workouts. To reach their desired strength and performance level, users take far more than the recommended dose of androgens (even up to 100x) and push their bodily testosterone levels into the supra-physiological range.
    When abused like this, testosterone and other androgens can have damaging effects on the body. “Roid rage,” or an increase in aggressive behavior, is common. Other observed side effects include acne vulgaris, breast development, mental health disorders, reduced sperm count, cardiovascular disease, and liver cancer. However, when testosterone is used within the context of an approved therapeutic dose, as in testosterone replacement therapy, it carries a much lower risk of side effects.
    How Testosterone Therapy is Different

TRT is designed specifically to restore the body’s natural testosterone levels to the high end of the normal range. These drugs were initially developed to help men recover from hypogonadism, delayed puberty, cancer, or surgery, and they are now instrumental in helping millions of men maintain health and quality of life.
    If you’re seeking testosterone replacement therapy from a qualified physician, you’re probably looking to alleviate some or all of the following symptoms:

Empirical evidence consistently shows that TRT can successfully alleviate these and other symptoms. It’s safe, effective, and simple to administer. But more importantly, this therapy helps men regain their confidence and their sense of overall wellness. You can’t put a price on self-assurance—and if you’ve been searching for a way to feel virile and alive again, TRT may be the solution for you.
    Starting Testosterone Replacement Therapy

If you are struggling with low-T and are considering testosterone therapy to help alleviate your symptoms, you don’t need to worry about your medication being confused with performance-enhancing drugs. By consulting with a licensed medical practitioner, you’ll be obtaining or using testosterone or other androgens safely, legally, and within the guidelines of a medical prescription.
    To learn more about testosterone therapy and how it can help you feel like yourself again, we recommend partnering with a highly qualified doctor in your area who specializes in hormone health. This practitioner will thoroughly discuss your symptoms and perform a variety of tests to assess your hormone levels before prescribing a testosterone medication that works for you.
    TRT is usually administered via pellets or injections, but not as pills, as they have not been shown to be effective and/or safe. Topical testosterone, while often prescribed, has to get absorbed through the skin, so often does not give the same results as pellets or injections which get right into the bloodstream
    The difference between testosterone therapy and steroids is a matter of intention and outcome. The same hormones may be used in both—but if you’re struggling with the symptoms of low T, you can rest assured knowing that testosterone replacement therapy is a safe and medically-approved treatment that can help improve your quality of life.

Or you can try natural methods of which i'm sure some guys around here will help you with

25th june 2020: BPEL 14cm x EG 11cm (NBPEL 11.5cm) NBPFL 8.5cm x FG 10cm
    5th August 2020: BPEL 16.5cm x EG 13cm (NBPEL 14.5cm) NBPFL 10cm x FG 10.5cm
    25th september: ??
    Goal 18cmx16cm
    https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...eekly-log.html

Comment

What about HCG?
      More backstory..
      While I don't guess I have a micro.. I am only 4 1/2 (BPEL).. before PE I was 3 1/2..
      I've done some reading about some studies where they used HCG to treat people with hypogonadism into their 40's with some success..not as much as prepubescent but....
      I wonder if that could work instead of taking T?

BTW I'm also working by tail off trying to gain muscle and loose weight.. which I am gaining some muscle..
      but I can't seem to loose weight even with diet..either I drop to 3 meals a day.. just chicken and vegetables.. and don't have any energy or If I add in two snacks which help the energy either way I fluctuate by mere ounces a day..
      I also a couple of years ago.. lost the outside half of my eye brows.. (Thyroid has been tested and is fine) and also have noticed a drop in pubic hair (it is much courser now as well)
      sh0uff
      Last edited by sh0uff; 08-11-2020, 07:59 AM.

Comment

It might work but good luck convincing your doctor it's a reputable treatment
        Sounds like you may have had low test during puberty and this test is long overdue?
        This is why 1000s of guys go the illegal path..
        Goal 18cmx16cm

Comment

Yeah..... thats the challenge right..
          I mean even outside of having an actual issue you need help with.. its extremely difficult to even find a competent Dr. out there, much less one who WANTS to help or listens.
          sh0uff
          Last edited by sh0uff; 08-11-2020, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Yeah..... thats the challenge right..
            I mean even outside of having an actual issue you need help with.. its extremely difficult to event find a competent Dr. out there, much less one who WANTS to help or listens.
            Amen
            Goal 18cmx16cm

Comment

At 3.5” BPEL, it is possible you suffered with secondary hypogonadism (insufficient T during puberty). Odds are not good, but it may be possible to add a little size with TRT. You don’t need to use injections as T-gel will provide the same results. My T increased from 290 to over 800 in six months; however, my PSA started to increase and my balls shrunk a bit so I phased out because TRT did Nothing to reduce my ED or increase size. Accordingly, you should have your doc monitor your progress.
              Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
              12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
              12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
              01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
              01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
              01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
              Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

BTW I'm also working by tail off trying to gain muscle and loose weight.. which I am gaining some muscle..
                but I can't seem to loose weight even with diet..either I drop to 3 meals a day.. just chicken and vegetables.. and don't have any energy or If I add in two snacks which help the energy either way I fluctuate by mere ounces a day..
                I also a couple of years ago.. lost the outside half of my eye brows.. (Thyroid has been tested and is fine) and also have noticed a drop in pubic hair (it is much courser now as well)
                Yeah trt will help with this it will excel your progress by about 4-5-6 times faster also you will drop immediate body fat with a good diet.
                If your doing weight training you will no doubt love the effects of trt.. from my experience getting your level to the high side of normal won't affect your libido or sex drive but it will help with the other elements in your life your looking to progress.. i feel your pain my friend as my level is as low as yours for as long as i can remember..

I can look at a potato chip and gain 2kg :P
                Diets don't work with grossly low test..
                And i understand your position

I remember when me and all my friends started at the gym and we all did the exact same workouts and ate the same diets.. it's a kick in the teeth to see them progress and for your body to adapt minimal change for maximal effort..
                Goal 18cmx16cm

Comment

Originally posted by 6and4.2 View Post
                  They will recommend trt for anything under 12..
                  Great, informative post!
                  Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Seriously.. every other day I do roughly 15 neutral pull ups, 60 push ups, 25 dips, 60 knee risers - and every day I walk 2.3 miles combined (up/down a mountain)
                    My diet includes 0 processed foods... and most of my meals are chicken with mixed vegetables.. due to simply being exhausted during my strength training days I have added fruit and peanut butter shake to it as a snack... but yeah no matter what I do I only fluctuate around 6 to 8 ounces a day.. obviously I am building muscle.. but I don't lose much off my stomach and don't feel I am anywhere that a normal person would be doing what I am doing..

Comment

Pm me if you need personal training assistance sounds like your set though once you get trt
                      Goal 18cmx16cm

Comment

Thanks! I appreciate that and will keep you mind

Comment

I find it so amusing in this case natural methods were never even considered as an option.

Comment

Originally posted by 6and4.2 View Post

Diets don't work with grossly low test..
                            And i understand your position

I remember when me and all my friends started at the gym and we all did the exact same workouts and ate the same diets.. it's a kick in the teeth to see them progress and for your body to adapt minimal change for maximal effort..
                            i'm in the 250-290 range

and was able to lose 30 pounds in a few months

that is a bad lie I have been riding my bike 10-11 miles a day and added 2.5 miles of fast pace walking(mixed with some running)

how is that minimal change.....???

watch this you will get the point

go look in your fridge, cabinet and take all the "junk food" to the food donation center...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhh19cQukfg&t=1935s

Comment

Or you can try natural methods of which i'm sure some guys around here will help you with https://e5v4d7a2.stackpathcdn.com/fo...lies/smile.png
                              ??
                              Goal 18cmx16cm

Comment

Working...
                              X