kegel exercises daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kegel exercises daily

I know a lot of people here say that kegel exercises should not be done everyday. I am wondering what would happen if you did them everyday though?

For instance, on a PE day I might do 300-500 throughout the course of the day. But what if I just cut the number in half and did kegel exercises everyday. So instead of 300 on a PE day. I do 150 everyday.

What do you think?

Idk man, I'd say stick to every other day. Is there some reason you WANT to do them with such frequency?

The best I can do is relate this PE stuff to what I know - working out at the gym. And too much training without rest leads to, quite obviously, "overtraining." So I would say you might over train your PC muscle by kegeling everyday, leading to a drop in EQ and loss of morning wood, which are negative P.I.'s.

A question, though. Do you do those short, one second, kegels? Because I do 3 sets of 20 late at night before bed, holding for as long as I can for each kegel and my penis is seriously feeling it. I can't imagine doing 300-500 of those per day.

Comment

As everything else regarding PE don't over do it. Kegels train a muscle and it needs rest. Then again we're all different and we need different rest periods.
      Starting: 4.8x5.2:o Short term: 6x5.5:) Long term 7x6:D

Comment

If you want to maintain your pc muscles, doing a light daily routine is fine. If you want to build your muscles, then you need to work them and then let them rest and recover and that means letting them rest every other day.
        Pirate Diplomacy:
        The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Remember: If done right, there is no such thing as safe sex.

Comment

PEskeptic,

I usually do about 100 short reps (1 or 2 seconds) and then when I hit 97 I will hold for as long as I can to 100. I will repeat that set about 3-5 times. But I usually space it out over the course of the day on PE days. I will do 100 in the AM as soon as I wake up. 100 after work. And about 100 before bed. When I do more...its usually at a random time. I've noticed that my hold time has increased though. When I first started, I really couldn't do more than 1-3 second holds. Now I consistently get a good squeeze/hold for about 10-15 seconds. Once I can hold for about 30 seconds, I think I am going to start doing what you do.

Pirate,

My goal is definitely to build. So I am going to stick with every other day. I was actually reading the kegel exercises article on the homepage, which I thought implied after awhile it was okay to do kegels daily. Thats kind of what got me curious.

Thanks for the answers.

Comment

Wouldn't it make sense to Kegel on your PE days, then rest on your off days? (So 2 days on, 1 off, etc)
            Goal: Huge

Comment

Your PC muscle are straight forward skeletal muscles and so are the only piece of the stuff that we work in PE that responds like the muscles that you work when you lift weights. They are different from your tunica and all the smooth muscle tissue.
              You can work them when you PE as a convenience but if you want to build them at minimal risk of overtraining, go with an every other day program.
              Pirate Diplomacy:
              The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Remember: If done right, there is no such thing as safe sex.

Comment

Working...
              X