Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any indication that stretching or penile traction could worsen an existing curvature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any indication that stretching or penile traction could worsen an existing curvature?

29 here - I have a left-facing lateral curve when erect (approx 15-20 degrees) - unsure whether it's congenital or acquired, possibly combination of both.

Having done a bit of reading on recent science, it seems that there is a possibility that penile traction therapy can remedy some curvature in the case of Peyronie's patients. I do not have a plaque that I'm aware of, and have not been diagnosed with Peyronie's.

What I'm wondering is whether giving penile traction & manual stretching a try could potentially worsen the curve if it's congenital.

Thanks in advance for any input.
    tp1391
    Last edited by tp1391; 01-10-2021, 12:36 PM.

as long as you dont overdo and create any state of inflammation that is creating scar tissue.. no, contrary, it might lessen, especially if you stretch against the curve.
    25cm! Let's go!

Comment

Thanks for your response. I've been doing some light stretching routinely now to begin things and have increasingly been considering getting a reputable extender, but want to feel better informed before pulling the trigger on one.

Comment

The cheapest metal type spring type noose type extender can work if you have some diy skills . Otherwise some of the more comfortable but higher priced might do it..
        25cm! Let's go!

Comment

I believe the extender manufacturers claim extenders help reduce curvature. You mentioned you read about extenders helping with Peyronies. I recall seeing a segment of the Doctors tv show in which one of the docs made such a claim. Accordingly, if an extender can be used to reverse a Peyronies curve, I see no reason why it would not work on a “natural” curve.
          Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
          12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
          12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
          01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
          01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
          01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
          Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

That was my initial logic when I first started looking into this - why wouldn't traction also benefit congenital curvature?

However, it seems that from a medical perspective, traction is not often seen as a viable solution for congenital curves:

https://www.mypeyronies.com/peyronie...curvature.html

This counters information found on the Restorex website regarding congenital curvature:

"Many physicians believe a traction therapy device like RestoreX can treat congenital deformities. PathRight Medical, however, cannot recommend the use of RestoreX since no clinical study has been performed for use in this group of patients. We recommend contacting your physician to discuss the benefits of traction therapy for this indication."

Hard to know what to believe, but I'm skeptical of the claim from the company trying to sell an OTC product.

Comment

The medical profession also discredits length gains by means of PE exercises yet many members here can prove otherwise.
              Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
              12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
              12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
              01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
              01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
              01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
              Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

So no one has tried to produce proof in the manner mainstream medical requires ;which by the way is expensive.

A lot of penis stuff is like that.

Comment

I have a traction device for this reason and I have to say don’t play with the springs. I don’t know why but I stretched one and didn’t realize what I had done one side had more tension then other and in turn increased my curve luckily I’ve replaced and upgraded my extender.

hopefully I should see a change in the curve in 3-6 months. I believe I will because even with all the errors I made I still gained 1 inch I wish I didn’t mess with the spring the gains could of been better otherwise.

I definitely recommend spending the money for a evenly loaded springs on either side. I found the quick extender pro to be very comfortable and I did get results. Definitely visit ultimate borrito he has great gains and informative experience with extenders.

Comment

The following should be helpful: What is Peyronie’s Disease? Learn How to Cure a Bent Penis
                    Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                      So no one has tried to produce proof in the manner mainstream medical requires ;which by the way is expensive.

A lot of penis stuff is like that.
                      There is medical literature on Peyronie's and devices: The use of penile traction therapy in the management of Peyronie's disease: current evidence and future prospects
                      Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

I only had a minor curve, but it has been straightening out with manual stretches and use of an extender.

There is an expensive extender with a built in fulcrum that was designed in partnership with the Mayo Clinic to specifically treat curvature of the penis. You can do a web search yourself on it as I have no experience with it, but they claim you only need to use it for 30 minutes a day.

I think there is something to be said about bent stretching vs. extending straight out. Bent and bundled stretching may be more advanced and more dangerous... and more effective. Proceed with caution.

Edit: Here is something you might find useful:

Traction devices place tension on the flaccid penis. The force is translated to the penile plaque and promotes remodeling via a biomechanical process known as mechanotransduction.

"Penile traction therapy is the only nonsurgical treatment that has been reliably shown to increase penile length in some patients. This outcome is particularly relevant given that many patients consider penile length loss to be the most devastating consequence of PD," says Dr. Ziegelmann. "Until recently, the available data suggested that penile traction therapy needed to be performed for three to eight hours daily for up to six months to achieve relatively modest benefits."

In 2019, Dr. Ziegelmann and fellow researchers shared outcomes from a randomized, controlled trial wherein patients used [the device], a new penile traction system, for 30 to 90 minutes daily for three months. Study results were published in The Journal of Urology.

In that study, more than 75% of patients in the treatment arm realized objective improvements in their penile curvature by an average 17 degrees (27% with 20-degree or more improvement), and 94% of patients realized improvements in their stretched penile length by an average 1.6 cm (29% with 2-cm or more length gain). "While these results may seem modest, for the man with PD who is severely bothered by length loss, any clinical gain is often quite meaningful," says Dr. Ziegelmann. "Adverse events with this device were transient and did not prevent any patients from completing the therapy.
                        https://www.mayoclinic.org/medical-p...s/mac-20480520
                        BreakfastSausage
                        Last edited by BreakfastSausage; 01-16-2021, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X