Good Way To Protect Balls During Infrared Warmup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Way To Protect Balls During Infrared Warmup

So, I've come up with an even better way to protect our balls when using infrared. I use a thick white sock to cover my nuts because the color white is very reflective. Then I put my sock covered nuts into a dinner glass because heat from infrared light sources is blocked by glass. After my warmup my nuts are cool.

I've found a few sources online that talk about the effectiveness of glass when it comes to blocking infrared heat, but I'm not sure just how credible they are. Does anyone out there know exactly how effective glass is at blocking infrared heat?

UV, IR, and Glass Transmission

http://www.experts123.com/q/what-mat...red-light.html
    Starting Stats October 2009

BPEL: 6 in.
    EG: 5 in.

The first link is a .gov site so that is pretty credible. Experts123.com means it's a commercial website, usually not so credible, the source that Experts123.com got their material from seems like it's credible. Looked like Princeton or something?
    It's not just Penile Enhancement, it's a way of life.
    Millia's Dick Journey (NEW Introduction post!)

Comment

Thanks, Millia. I feel even better about my warmup now
      Starting Stats October 2009

BPEL: 6 in.
      EG: 5 in.

Comment

Rezzing a thread here

First post - been lurking

The relative ability of a given material to reflect radiation is known as emissivity. Basically the lower the emissivity number the better it is at reflecting heat/IR. Most metals have low emissivity. This is why those volcano suits are all shiny (they reflect IR/heat)

This makes aluminium foil a good option for covering the nutsack.

I think glass may have to be fairly thick for it to be any good at reflecting. Also there are special coats u can get for glass to reflect infrared.

A link to an various household materials and their emissivity coeffcients:Emissivity Coefficients of some common Materials

mangokid

Comment

Infrared waves cannot pass through glass.

Think of your car parked on a summer day.

Visible light passes through the glass and hits the interior of the car. These surfaces absorb the light and radiate heat and infrared waves (the waves reflected back through the glass is the color of the object).

The infrared waves are unable to pass through the glass causing the inside of the vehicle to heat up to a higher temperature than the outside.

Comment

It actually depends mate - if you are going near infrared which is closer to visible light then it will pass through the majority of glass.

Here:

Can Infrared Light Pass Through Glass? | climaterx

There are definitely heat lamps out there that use near infrared "red/reddish" so please be careful if you are using near infrared.

Comment

How about using something like an oven mitt or a pot holder?
              Big Al
              Administrator
              PEGym Editor
              Male Enhancement Coach Rep.
              PEGym Hero
              Last edited by Big Al; 11-23-2013, 11:50 PM.
              Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Not sure about that one mate!

Check emissivity tables for cloth I guess.

Comment

Working...
                X