Thread: Testosterone Questions
- 07-02-2010 #1
I wanted to know a few things on the testosterone issue so I could understand it better and/or see how I could benefit.
Can anyone enlighten me on the following:
-symptons that ones body is low on testosterone
-can testosterone be boosted 'naturally'
-what foods/supplements can help me boost it
- 07-02-2010 #2
I take ZMA (combination of Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate, Magnesium Aspartate, and Vitamin B6) which is supposedly able to improve your nartural testosterone levels.
A pleasant side effect of the product is a deeper sleep and vivid dreams; due to taking pills 30-60 minutes before bed on an empty stomach. I just started PE 2 weeks ago so I could not tell you how effective the product is in that department but, the novel Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate formula is supposed to help with healing, endurance, and growth, all of which I would love to translate over into PE
Unfortunately I do not know how one can tell if they are low on testosterone. I do know that through intense lifting
and exercise the body is depleted of zinc and magnesium, which can lead to lower testosterone levels.
I dont think its all to expensive of a product, I believe I bought Optimums Nutrition for like $20 or so.
- 07-02-2010 #3
- Join Date
- Jun 2010
How old are you?
I'm 50, and on Testosterone Replacement Therapy. Do a search on google for "low testosterone symptoms" and you'll find a ton of sites with quizzes and checklists.
Basically, andropause is the male equivalent to menopause, and has a rash of symptoms; low libido, moodiness, depression, fat gains, muscle loss, skin thinning, etc. It's quite common for T levels to drop off dramatically in your late 40's, early 50's for many men.
If you think you have low T, you probably do. Do some reading on TRT. And be careful, doctors think it normal to prescribe HRT for women in menopause, but say andropause is "natural" and you shouldn't do anything about it. Fuck that. I want to be as young and vibrant for as long as I can, and supplementing your hormonal system is a great way to do that. Did I mention once you're dosed right, you'll have wood like you're in your 30's again... :-)
- 07-02-2010 #4
- Join Date
- Sep 2009
- London, UK
Doing compound exercises at the gym will boost testosterone. My gains last year came quickly when I did it.Start 15th July 2009: 5.25" BPEL, 4.5" EG
15th August 2009: 5.6" BPEL, 4.6" EG
15th Sep 2009: 5.8" BPEL 4.6" EG
PE restarted 12th June 2010
4th July: 5.65" BPEL
- 07-02-2010 #5
- 07-05-2010 #6
- Join Date
- May 2010
I've always been told compound exercises stimulate growth because you using and stressing multiple muscles and your body releases growth hormones and testoserone to adapt and grow to these stressers.. But it's minimal and over time will make a bigger difference.. BuT
of course you can look into natty test boosters like bioforge or activate extreme.. Unless this is purely PE supps then I would say libido boosters like tribulus and maca might make a difference
- 07-05-2010 #7
Wanna boost your testosterone?
1) High intensity physical work or exercise will stimulate testosterone production eg. oil rig roughneck, bull rider, wind sprints
2) Long period endurance exercise will lower testosterone eg. jogging for marathon lengths
3) Dietary zinc, absolutely essential for testosterone production and androgen receptor function. Zinc also is a powerful estrogen inhibitor. Natural forms work the best if supplementing.
4) RAW OYSTERS possibly the #1 Testosterone boosting food their is. Preferance to cold Pacific or Atlantic oysters, the great big ones that you can hardly fit in your mouth. RAW oysters are a testosterone super food, they have more biologically absorbable and useable zinc than any other food there is. They are loaded with RAW cholesterol. Raw cholesterol is the building block of testosterone...not cooked which is poison to the body. RAW oysters also contain a couple of extremely rare amino acids which when ingested cause a powerful increase in testosterone levels. Cooking destroys almost all the testosterone benifits of RAW OYSTERS.
5) Red Meat. Rare (blood dripping) red meat with lots of fat on it. Preferably from a grass fed bull.
6) Raw onions and garlic. Once again they must be raw and eat lots of them. Learn to love eating onions like apples.
7) Ginger. Yes, the spice ginger. Take a shot of honey into your mouth and follow it with a spoonfull of powdered ginger 3 x's a day. Shown to increase testosterone levels, testicle size, semimal vesicle size, and dopamine levels.
8) Tribulus terrestris. Find a quality product with at least 45% protodioscin content...very important. Protodioscin is a 5-alpha reductase stimulator. 5-alpha reductase converts testosterone into the MUCH more androgenic form called dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
9) Raw egg yolks. Raw cholesterol and saturated fat are essential for testosterone production.
10) Olive oil. A healthy fat in moderation that increases the uptake of cholesterol into the Leydig cells of the testicles and with adequate levels of zinc...produces more testosterone.
11) Red Palm Oil. Super healthy fat that is loaded with tocotrienols. Lots of healthy dietary fat equals high testosterone levels.
12) Broccoli and brussel sprouts. Both of these crufiferous vegatables aid in elimating and preventing estrogen build up.
13) Sexual stimulation without ejaculation. Studies have shown that after ejaculation testosterone levels spike after 7 days and then return to baseline. It basically takes one full week without ejaculating for the body to recover and balance all systems. If you have any experience with stallions and bulls or breeding of dogs you won't argue this one.
Last edited by phallic1; 07-05-2010 at 08:40 PM.
- 07-05-2010 #8
- Join Date
- Jan 2008
- The Motherlode
Green tea will boost testosterone.
For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17
- 07-05-2010 #9
PE Gym Editor
PEGym Hero ☺
Admin of the Month Mar 2015
- Join Date
- Jul 2009
- Blog Entries
I see phallic mentions olive oil for test increase, this is well proven and quite mainstream. It also has general health benifits.
Extra virgin is the best form.
Remember enough sleep is very important.
- 07-05-2010 #10
- Join Date
- Mar 2010
- Mid West, USA
If you are older, look into DHEA. I've read many articles about how it raises testosterone levels in men. However, there side effects.
- By b123 in forum The GymReplies: 5Last Post: 03-03-2010, 04:11 PM
- By Dugger in forum Penis Enlargement ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 02-15-2010, 09:30 PM
- By dogdogx12 in forum Beginner's ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 01-03-2010, 10:06 PM
- By Nacho in forum Erectile Dysfunction ForumReplies: 11Last Post: 09-04-2009, 12:34 PM
- By fitboy in forum PE Theory & Science ForumReplies: 16Last Post: 02-28-2009, 07:46 PM