Which to Measure: Average or Maximum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which to Measure: Average or Maximum?

Those of us who are taken to measuring our dicks frequently or infrequently might consider two approaches to measuring (pre work-out) : one the maximum reached, whether it is BPEL, NBEL, flaccid, stretched flaccid, etc. or an average of the varying measurements we get. We know that our dicks, whatever their state of erection, are always waxing and waning. We rarely get the same measurement two times in a row.

One approach is to measure three times (or more) and then calculate an average of these measurements. Some people use this approach with girth measurements, measuring the base, mid-shaft, and at the glans, and then dividing by three to create an average. Others prefer to use the largest girth measurement; and this would apply to length measurements as well.

So what works best and is most effective? I guess it depends on what your goals are and what your motivation is to practice p.e. in the first place. I know when I get a new maximum length or girth measurement, albeit temporary, it invariably keeps me motivated. Frequent measuring is a positive motivational factor for me.

A more scientific approach would be to take an average of our constantly changing stats. Here is a good example for me. I enjoy using my stretched flaccid, using my belly button as a gauge, and lying in exactly the same position as best I can each time. I rarely get the same measurement because my dick is never exactly in the same state of flaccidity. One day the tip of my stretched dick hits my belly button. The next day it's three inches above. Occasionally it hits four inches and even a rare five. Assuming I measure 9" from pubic bone to belly button, I would take a 9" measurement, which is uncommon, a 12" measurement, which is the norm, and a 13" measurement which is also uncommon, add the three together and divide by 3 for a result of slightly over 11".

Since I have no ultimate goal in length or girth, I'm not even sure what all this means other than I, like many men, enjoy stats, and I also suffer from a natural inclination to compare myself with others.

I would be interested in members sharing their approach to measuring and their thoughts on it in general.

When I was gaining regularly, I enjoyed measuring frequently. I would usually work up a nice erection, measure, work up another one, measure again, and then do it a third time. I would record the maximum.
    Later, when I plateaued, it became a demotivating experience so I cut way back.
    Most recently, I have an entirely different procedure where in I take a picture (with a ruler) and then, later, I look at the picture to read the measurement.
    (I am trying to make the process as objective as possible.)
    Anyway, I don't think it matters too much how your measure as long as you do it the same way every time.
    Pirate Diplomacy:
    The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Remember: If done right, there is no such thing as safe sex.

Comment

I was wondering which girth measurement most members were using in their stats/goals.
      I've seen some members post their MEG (which I assume is max. girth measurment), some post their averaged girth measurements, while others give no indication.

Also, Pirate, I sort of like the idea of photographing the measurement and looking at it somewhat objectively. May do this next measurement. I am a beginner and have decided not to measure until the end of 3 month mark.

My girth goals are set for mid shaft girth. Here's hoping!
      ST goal:
      NBP 6 x 5
      LT goal:
      NBP 6.5 x 5.5

Comment

Originally posted by 2bbig View Post
        I was wondering which girth measurement most members were using in their stats/goals.
        I've seen some members post their MEG (which I assume is max. girth measurment), some post their averaged girth measurements, while others give no indication.

Also, Pirate, I sort of like the idea of photographing the measurement and looking at it somewhat objectively. May do this next measurement. I am a beginner and have decided not to measure until the end of 3 month mark.

My girth goals are set for mid shaft girth. Here's hoping!

hmm, I always thought MEG was midshaft measurement. Maybe not.
        My progress notes

Goal: approx 7.25 EL x 5.7 EG - Length for me, Girth for her:biggrin1:

Comment

I keep track of my measurements every day and keep a measuring tape in the bathroom for this purpose. When a certain measurement can be reproduced on a regular basis, and after finding the camera, finding some privacy, and fumbling with the camera and measuring tape, I take a picture and compare it with what I thought I was seeing on the tape. If what I thought I saw on the tape and the photo correspond, then I claim the measurement as documented. Because the camera is never where I need it, when I need it, I have missed out some very good measurements and great boasting material, but I don't claim the measurements because they would sound too much like a big fish story.

Comment

MEG is mid shaft erect girth. However, that brings up an interesting point. As has been mentioned, some people use their largest girth size, others an average, and still others use their middle erect girth. Adding some new acronyms like LEG - Largest Erect Girth; AEG for Average Erect Girth would help clarify which non flaccid girth we are talking about.
            FL 6.0"/MFG 5.75", BPEL 7.00"/MEG 6.5"

The Ultimate Jelq (The UJ)
            The Ultimate V (The UV)
            Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
            Heated Bundled LAS
            Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

DownLow: Thanks for pointing that out. That's a typo. I meant midshaft.
              ST goal:
              NBP 6 x 5
              LT goal:
              NBP 6.5 x 5.5

Comment

I was measuring a lot when I first started because seeing the increases of size on the ruler was so amazing and inspirational. Nowadays I stay away from the ruler and tape measure because I just don't like them (not that I'm not gaining) I've just stopped caring about my stats as much because I'm enjoying what I do now instead.. I find that I agree with you on the point of waxing and waning constantly but I lean to the area of thinking if I measure once a month or very infrequently even if what I'm measuring is the low side of another gain, it still goes down in my books as a gain!
                It's not just Penile Enhancement, it's a way of life.
                Millia's Dick Journey (NEW Introduction post!)

Comment

I take the average for girth. Base is around 6.5" + midshaft at 5.4375" + top at 5.375" / 3 = 5.77083" average girth.
                  For length I measure three times and take the best one.
                  Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
                  Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
                  Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
                  http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

Working...
                  X