how thick is your fat pad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how thick is your fat pad?

I'm probably 25 pounds overweight currently. I"m in the process of losing it, but wanted to get a feel for how thick the fat pad is for you folks that are 12-15ish% bodyfat. What do I have to look forward to?

Mine is about .4-.5" and may or may not go up as I'm currently trying to bulk up more.
    Goal: Huge

Comment

I'm 25 pounds overweight and my fat pad is at least an inch thick--probably a little more. If I could shed that fat pad (highly unlikely), I would gain another visible inch of penis--that would definitely put me in the (visible) 10" to 11" range, lying down, tape measured. Ruler measured, standing up against the wall, that would be 9.75". It's worth going for so I'm definitely on a roll with weight loss.

Comment

.5-.6" Maybe 10-20lbs overweight.
        NP97
        Retired Moderator
        PEGym Hero
        Last edited by NP97; 08-13-2010, 12:03 PM.
        Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
        Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
        Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
        http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

I'm in decent shape and any excess fat seems to gather on my lower abs rather than my pelvis. The difference between my BP and NBP measurements is just the 0.5" I can push back before pressing on the bone. There's little, if any, fat there at all.

Comment

I'm not overweighted and my fat pad is 0.5"
            Started 15/July/2010
            Stats
            BPEL:5.75" EL: 5.25" EG:4.5"

Comment

Comment

The fat pad thickness is partly genetic and I believe it increases with age even if the body fat percentage remains constant.

I am 58 years old, about 5 11" tall (closer go 6' when younger) and currently weigh between 165 and 170 lbs. I doubt many people would consider me fat. My estimate of current body fat percentage is about 16-17%. I have a scale which estimates this based on electrical conductivity through the skin of the feet, but I also base this on how I look now compared to when I was doing a lot of cycling and had anthropomorphic measurements to determine body fat percentage. My fat pad currently is over an inch but even when I was much younger and at 12-14% body fat it was still about 3/4".

So don't count on shrinking it down to a quarter inch with weight loss.

Comment

Thanks for the responses, guys. I know losing those extra 25 pounds won't make me Ron Jeremy (actually, gaining 50 pounds might make me more like Ron), but those 1/12s of an inch add up.

Comment

Originally posted by redbear52 View Post
                    The fat pad thickness is partly genetic and I believe it increases with age even if the body fat percentage remains constant....So don't count on shrinking it down to a quarter inch with weight loss.
                    Hey, finally something me & redbear52 agree on

It's near impossible to change the thickness of your fatpad within certain limits. Eventually you'll lose some once you lose weight (yours is at 1", I figure it can probably go down from there). However, I hear its one of the last things to go. As redbear52 said, its genetic; I have heard speculation that its there for sexual function purposes, to provide padding (so you can't completely get rid of it).
                    My progress journal / useful PE links

Comment

You cant spot reduce, but do cadio, eat a bit healthier, and you'll notice some changes in about 2-3weeks, don't lose heart at first, it will be worth it.
                      I've been just eating, meats and salads, doesnt matter what kind of meat you have, beef, minced, chicken, lamb. with some salad and you're body loses the fat.
                      Do your exercises like sit-ups, core work, and exercises ppl do for groin rehab, because it strenghtens the muscles around too.

Comment

When I did athletics it was somewhat thin; but I was at 4.5% body-fat (tested professionally so it's accurate) & had literally no fat... I never measured it though; I figure at least based on my own genetics, it was about as thin as it could get.

I would guess it might have been .4" maybe slightly less--as I said, I never had a reason to measure it. I didn't find out about PE until more than a decade later.

Comment

I'm in good shape, I take do muay thai classes 3 times a week, cardio 3 times a week, and weight lifting 2 times a week. My diet is really good, rarely eating any junk food, going about 40/40/20 at 2500-2700 calories. Probably around 8-10% bodyfat right now. I believe there is a .5" gap from my bpel to nbpel.
                          https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...-8x6-25-a.html <-- log
                          1/1/2010 (7/7/10)
                          BPEL: 6.5 +.5
                          EG: 5 at mid, 5.25 at base
                          FL: 3.5-4.5
                          BPFSL: 6.75 +.25
                          BPXL: 6.5 +1

Comment

I'm in decent shape but could stand to lose some - developing that dreaded single "ab" and I'm not liking that too much. My fat pad is probably not quite an inch so losing that will certainly aide in my length goals.
                            Old Gym Log - Tracking progress with the iLogPE App
                            "Wherever you go, there you are. Stay sexy, my friends."

Comment

Single abs are awesome. I don't have a sixpack, I have the whole keg

Comment

Working...
                              X