Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Length and girth split routine?

Gentlemen,

I posted this in the beginners section but got no answers, thought I might have more luck with it here....

I searched the forum, but couldn't find anything to answer my question in this regards, so I ask the experienced members (no pun intended)

Rather then do stretches and girth work in the same session, would it be okay to do girth work one session and then do another session altogether of stretches on a different day?

I have been reading conflicting info about whether to stretch before or after girth work, so rather then bother with it, I was thinking I'll just do them on seperate days?

Any input and/or comments are welcomed.

Thanks.

I'm not really the most experienced mem here but im pretty sure your suppose to stretch every time you PE to loosen up ligements and such and because stretchs can also contribute to length from what i read
    August 15 2010 = FL = 5.......FG = 4.75......BPEL = 8 ......EG= 5.75

Goal = BPEL = 10.5 ->...............EG = 6.5 ->

Comment

Stretches are for length. If you don’t have time to do it all at once, go for it.
      Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
      Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
      Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
      http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

Stretches are for length. If you don’t have time to do it all at once, go for it.
        Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
        Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
        Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
        http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

I currently split my PE work this way. For me it is working well.
          Vulcan
          7.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>8.125"BPEL (current)
          5.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>5.75"EG (current)

Comment

I re-read your post. I think it's fine, but here's some extra commentary which I now realize doesn't apply to you (since it sounds like you're not doing clamping, uli's, horse440s or other advanced girth work).

(I agree with NP97 & Vulcan)
            ----------------------------------
            Length First, Girth Second
            If you're doing light to medium girth work, it shouldn't hurt your length potential. This is why the newbie routine (as an example) is absolutely fine. That kind of work can grow both length & girth at once.

Generally though, I see veterans advising length first, girth second (perhaps referring more to advanced routines). I quote sources on the thread linked below so you can see what I mean.

https://www.pegym.com/forums/pe-theo...th-second.html

Basically, what absolutely fails (usually), is trying to do things like advanced girth work + advanced length work (e.g. hanging + clamping). Even if you don't like the theory, a lot of guys do better either focusing just on girth, or just on length (of course things such as jelqs give both, but that's light to medium girth work in most cases).

So here's what I'm saying: light to medium girth work is fine & wont hurt your length potential, but you will most likely gain length faster if you just focus on length. Most guys have no trouble adding girth, so that's why the theory became accepted among most veterans (length first, girth second).
            My progress journal / useful PE links

Comment

A real advantage to shorter workouts is that you can concentrate better on your technique since the workout is shorter. Also, finding 30 minutes vs over an hour can be a real life saver and better assures that you will get your routine in when it is due. While some here (maybe most) love doing PE, some of us find it as more of a chore (not a bad thing, but often not exactly what I want to be doing at the moment), and to think that after doing your girth work you are only half way done can be a little depressing (a little depressing isn't exactly what I mean, but you get my point).
              FL 6.0"/MFG 5.75", BPEL 7.00"/MEG 6.5"

The Ultimate Jelq (The UJ)
              The Ultimate V (The UV)
              Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
              Heated Bundled LAS
              Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

Thanks fellas.

I am doing the newbie routine outlined in the Book. It became disheartening to me that after I was done jelqing, I had to dry him down and then start the stretches. At first I was stretching then jelqing, then Big Al told me that he seems to think stretching before girth work doesn't give you your best gains.

I do want to gain more length and THEN add girth, but at this point I know I have to get some conditioning under my belt first, hence the newbie routine. I'm sure I'll gain just doing that though.

This is how I think I'm going to proceed from here on out.... I'll do my jelq's one day along with the kegels, the next day I'll stretch, then take a break. I'm going to do two on, one off. I'll continue like this for a month. Increasing the times of both exercises. Right now I'm up to about 13 minutes of jelqing and 7 minutes of stretching, although now that I'm going to split the routine, I may bumb the times a bit. And of course I do a solid ten minute warm up, which I actually find enjoying.

Again, thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
                X