Chilly Willy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chilly Willy?

I am sold on the benefits of a thorough warm up and I experimenting with reheating throughout stretching exercises. This feels like it is making the stretches easier but its early days to judge the benefits. My question is whether anyone uses ice or cold water as part of a PE routine. Thinking about the muscles in the body and sports performance, heat and ice/cold can be equally important.
    Does anyone apply this in terms of PE and any success if so. A cold shower can be very invigorating after all. Sometimes I feel that I spend so much time heating my penis it could get lazy. I know the cold could be seen as negative where size is concerned but maybe the two extremes could work together. Shock the cock in to action so to speak. Any views on this?

I find this interesting. Recently I have been using heat & seeing the benefit, but I am intrigued by the concept of the penis getting lazy.

There is a lot written about the benefits to health of taking cold showers - but I cannot say I am a fan of it.

As Winter approaches, I am considering wearing thermal underwear so as to avoid turtling. I do believe in the concept of avoiding turtling as much as possible.

Maybe the introduction of cold showers to boost the circulation as a short sharp shock, but then using warmth frequently on the penis throughout the day.
    Vulcan
    7.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>8.125"BPEL (current)
    5.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>5.75"EG (current)

Comment

" My question is whether anyone uses ice or cold water as part of a PE routine. Thinking about the muscles in the body and sports performance, heat and ice/cold can be equally important"

1-i did college athletics, and for that purpose, we used a 'cold bath' to accelerate recovery. however, it hurts like hell because you literally sit in a tub neck deep full of ice water (yes literal ice cubes and water). its well known that using cold can help accelerate the healing process. I am not an exercise physiologist so any explanation of why it works would mostly be speculation. Usually I think the water was kept at 50 degrees at the lowest; it was hard to get it colder, and I don't know if colder would have helped anyway (don't quote me on the exact temperate, I retired from competitive athletics 10 years ago...).

2-yes some people use ICE with PE--i researched this in depth when i first started PE a few years ago. I'll share my conclusion with you, which you may find helpful, and of course you're welcome to research it further if you like & come to your own conclusions

(this seems to be the consensus I got from some PE veterans)

Ice With PE:
      -2 minutes of ICE helps if you're near injury. Don't go overboard & do it until you turtle. A little goes a long way
      -A cold towel, or a swim in a cold pool can help just as much;
      (Big Girtha would swim daily after his routine; he's known for having a crazy tough penis and doing ridiculous stuff without getting injured; maybe his cold swim helps).

Heat with PE:
      -Most newbies that use heat get more gains in general (although I don't have a % or even a % range)
      -no one was able to demonstrate this with veterans (but some do it anyway, 'just in case')
      -intuitively, using heat seems to be good to prevent injuries

(with my ahletics background, warming up makes sense to me, you always warm up before a workout, and we are working out our penises).
      blink2000
      Last edited by blink2000; 08-16-2010, 05:42 AM.
      My progress journal / useful PE links

Comment

Well, I guess I don't have to speculate as to why the cold helps... more blood rushes to the area afterwards, infusing it with some extra healing power due to nutrients, etc in your blood. It also prevents swelling. It's well known that swelling can cause more damage than the actual injury (case in point, sprained ankle).

But consider, we want our penis to swell, and heal in a bigger state... that's why I think some veterans only ice when they are near an injury. But at the same time, I don't think a cold swim hurts at all either...

You may have to come to your own conclusion(s) on all that.
        My progress journal / useful PE links

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts guys. I was just interested as there could be something in it. I am sure heating is crucial so will stick just with that for now as I don't want to try experimenting myself much until I am more confident in my gains. Might just blast my cock with some cold water occasionally after PE and see how it responds. Not too worried about turtling. Whatever happens my flaccid seems to change all the time. Some days I think its improving but other times I still think it seems tiny. Its about average from what I can gather. Still feel like erect gains are coming and the heat certainly helps the stretching!

Comment

so tell us, IWBB how did it go? did you see any results from using cold?
            I'm actually thinking of getting some thermal shorts of some sort, as I easily turtle from cold, might help doing some 'shocking' to prevent it from going 'lazy' I read at a site I think was called theartofmanliness.com that cold showers increase testosterone
            Initial measurements: 16x11 cm
            Current measurements 18x12,5
            Long term goal: 20x16 cm

Comment

He hasn't been active since May 2011, don't think he is going to reply...
              My progress log

Comment

Originally posted by Long Dong Silver View Post
                so tell us, IWBB how did it go? did you see any results from using cold?
                I'm actually thinking of getting some thermal shorts of some sort, as I easily turtle from cold, might help doing some 'shocking' to prevent it from going 'lazy' I read at a site I think was called theartofmanliness.com that cold showers increase testosterone
                Fantastic site, rep for reading it
                My progress log

Comment

Cold showers can also increase your metabolism.
                  13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Goal
                  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Goal

B
                  link 2000's Links

Comment

Good for your skin too, start with a hot shower and finish with a cold one, opens and cleanses your pores, then the cold water closes them which prevents spots, dirt build-up, infection etc.

The James Bond shower
                    My progress log

Comment

Well I am still here but have reverted back to been a lurker for the last year or so. Seeing a thread I started and Long Dong's question has tempted me out of hiding briefly.
                      Just to say that I have continued my PE routines and as I lurked for 3 months or so before joining I am just over 2 years in now. In terms of this thread I don't use cold water as a standard part of my routine but I do from time to time. I see the benefit mainly if you do a really heavy session or more extreme girth work as I think it can aid recovery so your next session is not wasted. I generally just use a pint glass of cold water with a little ice for about 5 minutes with a break halfway to ensure its not about to drop off. In terms of sports injury, as I understand it, it is not the cold that promotes healing but that it closes blood vessels so restricts flow. When you then revert to normal temperature or reheat the body rushes blood to the affected area as it might consider it in danger so to speak. This leads to more nutrients etc and improved recovery. I am no expert on this but I think although restricting bloodflow it can improve circulation which is why a cold shower can be invigorating. I think in terms of PE it is not a massive help to growth other than it can be good for Penis health if you don't over do it. A healthy penis is obviously good for EQ and I think that helping recovery and boosting bloodflow EQ are possible benefits of experimenting with ice as part a PE routine from time to time.

Comment

Working...
                      X