Load and duration factors in gains from stretching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Load and duration factors in gains from stretching

Does anybody know what the effect of different load and durations of chronic stretching has on gains.

I guess too big a load could cause injury, and the limited studies done on distraction histogenesis of soft tissue suggests a higher load causes changes to the type of collagen around smooth muscle, and i'm guessing, a higher risk of fibrosis. This gave me a goal of 1 millimeter per day when they did it on bones, but I can't get that sort of level of stretch on my unit.

With the duration of the stretch, is the longest possible durations the thing to aim for? Is there a limit, for example should you wear an ADS for as long as possible every day?

On a related question, does anyone know why vacuum devices should not be used for longer than 30 minutes at a time, which was what I was told.

In PE, less is more(to a certain extent of course). When you do more, you get hurt. It is quite simple I am not sure about the duration for wearing an ADS, but I am sure that some of the forum members can chime in? As well as the pumpers.

-UYN-
    19/04/2011
    FG: 4.25" +0.45
    FL: 5.19" +0.69
    EG: 4.75" +0.45
    BPFSL: 7.69" +1.58
    NBPEL: 7.25" +1.19
    BPEL: 7.677"+1.757

Comment

I agree with UYN.... 'more' might mean a macro-tear and less might mean a micro-tear (in this scenario).

Originally posted by Wantmorebulge View Post
      On a related question, does anyone know why vacuum devices should not be used for longer than 30 minutes at a time, which was what I was told.
      You'll have to give more context for anyone to make sense of this question.

Guys using devices for vacuum hanging start with short sessions, but I have heard of guys that go at least 1 hour straight or more (this is with vacuum hanging). I could say the same for VAC ADS or VAC extenders also.

However, the glans must be monitored; at the first sign of numbness, purplish, or bluish colors, you should immediately stop and restore circulation. This is why guys using traditional hanging devices (like the Bib Hanger) only do 20 minute sets (thats the maximum time tissues can go without oxygen).
      blink2000
      Last edited by blink2000; 09-22-2010, 01:50 PM.
      My progress journal / useful PE links

Comment

Vacuums can make small blood vessels rupture.

Comment

Originally posted by UYN View Post
          In PE, less is more(to a certain extent of course). When you do more, you get hurt. It is quite simple I am not sure about the duration for wearing an ADS, but I am sure that some of the forum members can chime in? As well as the pumpers.

-UYN-
          Thanks for replying UYN. When you talk about getting hurt from doing more, do you mean more exercising overall for example more jelks, or are you referring to the length of time that a stretch could be applied.

The reason for my interest in this is that getting tissues to grow from stretching should be a function of load, duration and temperature. The higher loads seemed to be linked to more problems, so I was going on the idea of keeping the load lowish and keeping the heat on, and the stretch going for the longest possible times. I was hoping to get some numbers to look at the relationship between load, duration and temp, but I have not been successful so far.

This is just my impression from what I have read, and I came here to get the real world experience from you guys.

Originally posted by blink2000 View Post
          I agree with UYN.... 'more' might mean a macro-tear and less might mean a micro-tear (in this scenario).

You'll have to give more context for anyone to make sense of this question.

Guys using devices for vacuum hanging start with short sessions, but I have heard of guys that go at least 1 hour straight or more (this is with vacuum hanging). I could say the same for VAC ADS or VAC extenders also.

However, the glans must be monitored; at the first sign of numbness, purplish, or bluish colors, you should immediately stop and restore circulation. This is why guys using traditional hanging devices (like the Bib Hanger) only do 20 minute sets (thats the maximum time tissues can go without oxygen).
          Thanks Blink. I presume these macro tears are those that lead to scaring of the tunica, correct?

I enjoy using the vacuum, but some warnings I have seen suggested that I shouldn't use it for more than half an hour at a time. I guess that this cutting off blood flow in the 30 minute rule come from the manufacturers trying to cover their butts for people using them for ED to pump up before slipping on a cock ring, rather than for enlargement. I will check out vacuum hanging. Thanks.

Originally posted by hsarge View Post
          Vacuums can make small blood vessels rupture.
          Thanks for this hsarge. I suffered from some small ruptures in my early days of pumping, when I got a bit carried away. I am quite careful theses days to avoid any repeat of that, although it seems a lot more difficult to even get close to that point now.

Thanks a lot for your responses guys.

Comment

Working...
          X