Chronic Measuring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronic Measuring

I doubt I'm the only one that does this, so I thought I'd ask for opinions. It rarely occurs that I go through a PE session or masturbate without measuring. I've seen some "easy" gains as their called, so it's been good reinforcement, but I think overall it's probably detrimental to the process. So a couple questions I suppose.

How often do you measure? Why that amount?

Does anyone experience a psychological roller coaster, either due to no gains or losses due to Eq?

Any other thoughts?

Current
    BPEL:
    8"
    EG: 4 5/8"

Goal
    BPEL:
    9"
    EG: 5 1/2"

I measure when I feel I need to. Need seems to vary between person, but personally I only measure when say I try a new routine and I want to know if I have made positive changes or am taking enough days off. I did JP's 90 thing and didn't measure for three months which well was kind of a good thing in a way because if I measured earlier I probably would have just given up seeing as how I made no gains though out the entire thing, and well I didn't want to let all of that time go to waste so I continued and switched things up after that. I now only measure every 2 weeks (if I change something) other than that I go for a month.

Trust me the temptation to measure is there you just have to over come it and know that it is better if you don't measure for a while.

Comment

I measure about every two or three weeks. Changed up my routine though... backing that off to once a month.
      Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
      Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
      Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
      http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

I am constantly measuring. I have always approached p.e. this way. It works as a great motivator for me, whether I gain or not. I measure flaccid; I measure stretched flaccid; I measure BPEL; I measure NBPEL. I can't help myself. A little OCD? Probably. But I love to measure.

Comment

This was me for the first month I was doing my program. But now I've decided to keep it to once a month (with some cheating sometimes, haha it's hard not to when it feels really big sometimes).

I would made a goal and stick to it, cause sometimes you haven't gained anything or even smaller in that particular measurement and your motivation goes down.
          06/22/10: BPEL 6.5 x EG 5.15
          Current: 7.25 x 5.375

Comment

I measure when I have a nice EQ of 10, even though I told myself I wouldn't. I spent 20 years (since puberty) with a penis less than 6". Now that its above 7" after only 2.5 months, I think I deserve that right. haha. It's like I look down and I can't believe what I'm seeing. Almost like I'm looking at my dick through a fish-eye lens or something. So I have to measure just to reinforce to myself that I'm not crazy. Plus the confidence has affected my psyche so well. Measuring just increases my confidence more.
            8-1-10 11-1-11
            BPEL - 6.125" 8.25"
            BPSFL - 6.562" 8.25"
            MEG - 4.75" >5.25"
            NBPEL - 5.75" 7.5"
            BEG - 5.5"+ 5.75"

Comment

How about getting on the change of season idea before the ruler drives you nuts! Winter, spring, summer and fall are easy to remember and allows time for things to change. Measuring so often will drive you a bit wacky and may also interfere mentally with what you're trying to do!
              The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Let your personality and mind set determine how often to measure. If you're a guy that needs constant reinforcement for what you're doing, then measure all the time. If you're a guy that enjoys delayed gratification, then measure once a month or even longer. If measuring discourages you, then tell yourself you're not measuring for a month. It's just personal. I don't think there's a right or wrong here, just make it work for you as an individual.
                Oct 09............Jun 10.....Nov 10
                NBPFL 3 7/8".....5".........5"
                NBPEL 5 7/8".....6 7/8"....7"
                BPEL...............7 1/4"....7 1/2"
                BEG 5 1/4"........5 3/4"....5 3/4"
                MSEG..........................5 1/4"

"Hangin' with the big boyz!"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by going411by7 View Post
                    I am constantly measuring. I have always approached p.e. this way. It works as a great motivator for me, whether I gain or not. I measure flaccid; I measure stretched flaccid; I measure BPEL; I measure NBPEL. I can't help myself. A little OCD? Probably. But I love to measure.
                    I agree. It is imprortant to know when a routine no longer produces gains or even causes size reduction as it sometimes happens.
                    04/2010 6.1x4.9"
                    07/2011 7.2x5.5"

Comment

It can be a positive thing if you don't let the occasional regressions cause you grief. This way, you can stay tuned to your body and how it is affecting your temporary and permanent growth. I have always approached p.e. as a whole body experience: mind, spirit, physical body. It's all connected. Why shouldn't the penis be treated as a part of this complex phenomenon we call the human body?

Comment

If you're in the JP 90 and you're measuring often I'd say skip the BPFSL measuring because that used to wear me out a little. It still counts as a stretch and you're probably strectching harder than when you do the regular stretches.

Comment

when i first started peing i would say to myself i would measure once a month, but would always just get the urge to measure every week or 2 weeks. Once i saw that pe was working though i would measure less frequently around once a month
                          And now that im in college, im not gonna measure until thansgiving break, which is about 3 months since my last measuremnet!! So im really hoping to see some good gains...although any gains are good gains =)
                          BPEL- 5.7 EG- 4.6 August 2009
                          BPEL- 6.0 EG- 4.75 July 2010
                          BPEL- 6.125 EG- 4.75 Sept 10, 2010
                          BPEL- 6.25 EG-Didnt Measure November 27, 2010
                          BPEL- 6.4375 EG- 4.75 Sept 5, 2011

James' Ultimate Goal: BPEL- 6.5 EG- 5.0...im getting close!

Comment

I measured rarely in the first year even though I gained an inch. My routine was sporadic and not very organized so I didn't really measure.

I measure my flaccid all the time because its now about 4" - was puny when I started so it feels great to measure. Sometimes its close to 5" flaccid but usually around 4.

I measure girth more now too as that is one of my goals. I like the look of a thicker dick. Girth was 5.25" this morning which is well above the 4.6" it was when I started. I'd like to get to 7.5 X 5.75.

Comment

I probably measured after every session for the first few weeks I started, but I promised myself I wouldn't measure again until 2 months into JPs routine, if I can help it I won't measure till the full 90 days is up. I just think its distracting to the whole patience aspect of it.
                              Starting: 10/12/10 - BPEL - 5.8, EG (midshaft) - 4.4

Comment

Working...
                              X