what position to measure from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what position to measure from

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right section, but my penis is always a couple dashes smaller when measuring lying down as opposed to standing or sitting. It's always disheartening for me when I've measured lying in bed after thinking I was a certain size. Which is the more accurate measurement?

The more accurate is the one you do consistently. Always measure the same way, so however you measured your starting size is how you should measure to track gains.
    It depends on whether your hips are thrusted forward etc.
    Foreskins are friends.

Comment

I agree with aidan here. The main thing when measuring for gains is to measure the same way every time.

As far as measuring for what you consider to be your accurate "what I can tell everyone is my size" measurement, I would go with standing up, measuring from the top of the shaft (NOT the side) to the tip of your erect penis.

Whether you measure BPEL (bone-pressed erect length) of NBPEL (Non bone-pressed erect length) its up to you.

I say the BPEL is the measurement you can count on to be the most consistent, but NBPEL is probably what you would tell others is your accurate length I would say.

I too was upset with learning that one should measure from the top, because I was measuring from the side so my "real" measurement is now 1/2" shorter. Oh well, just means I need to work harder!!!

Comment

Measure whichever way gives you the longest, thickest measurement. For me it is the opposite--lying down. I meaure longer when lying down. 10.5" x 6.5" this a.m. Why would I deny myself that? Then do it the same way each time. Measure from the top, bone pressed, to be consistent. Don't lift your hip up when you measure. If you suck your belly in, suck it in each time. All of these bodily positions make a difference. You might also consider doing an average of several measurements, since our cocks are always waxing and waning.

If your cock feels heavier in your hand, that is because the volume of blood and its weight is increasing. This is a positive p.i., for sure.

Comment

I don't measure from the side because I was led to believe this was inaccurate, but out of curiosity, why? I mean, the base from the side is in fact part of your penis and if you went smash all the way into a girl it would also be inserted. You can see it, you can feel it, so why doesn't it count? I almost think the "don't measure from the side" thing was started by people selling enhancement products trying to convince guys they're just a little bit smaller. I assume when you say measuring from the side you're referring to this type of measurement: http://www.hotchyx.com/adult-image-h...11P8130051.JPG

Why exactly do some people consider that "wrong"? Other than the fact that the ruler isn't actually touching the penis in that particular picture, but other than that...
          borderlineaverage
          Last edited by borderlineaverage; 11-04-2010, 04:29 PM.

Comment

It's NOT wrong. It's just that if you want to compare your cock with others', then everyone ought to measure the same way. So long as you measure the same way each time, that is all that matters. This is about self-improvement.

Comment

I understand that the only important thing when measuring for gains is using a consistent method. This thread is more about me being OBSESSED with my current size lol. When I'm half an inch to an inch bigger it won't matter anymore, but right now a couple of extra marks mean the world to me.

Comment

Absolutely. And each fraction of an inch DOES matter.

Comment

Working...
                X