Jelquing vs. Masturbation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jelquing vs. Masturbation

I was just thinking about this the other day....isn't jelquing just a more advanced form of masturbation? At the end of the day the reason we jelq is to push blood through the penis and it seems that masturbation does the same thing. The motions are very similar although one is much more concentrated than the other. But does that mean then that someone who masturbates incessantly can jerk himself to a bigger cock? What am I missing here...

They are quite different.
    I do each for a specific purpose. If I'm masturbating (just jacking off... no edging or anything) I'm doing it to cum. So I'm just rubbing the most sensitive spots to finish up. If I'm jelqing I'm intentionally moving my hand in a way to force the blood up my shaft.
    Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
    Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
    Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
    http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

Originally posted by NP97 View Post
      They are quite different.
      I do each for a specific purpose. If I'm masturbating (just jacking off... no edging or anything) I'm doing it to cum. So I'm just rubbing the most sensitive spots to finish up. If I'm jelqing I'm intentionally moving my hand in a way to force the blood up my shaft.
      Right...I get the purpose is different. But as you said jelquing is intentionally forcing blood up your shaft isn't masturbating unintentionally doing the same thing? At the end of the day both push blood up the shaft.

Comment

If you read a few of the articles on this site about masturbation they talk about the difference. Jelquing forces more and more blood into the penis, this is especially apparent when semi-hard. When you're erect and masturbating, the penis can only hold so much blood, in other words it will only get so big. Since no more blood than normal is being pumped in, there is no growth.

Think of it like lifting weights. You are used to bench pressing 135 lbs. If you continue doing just 100 lbs over and over again you'll gain the stamina needed to lift 100 lbs over and over again and that's it. If you want to get stronger and bigger you need to add weight to your routine. Erections/masturbating are like lifting the same weight over and over again. Jelquing is the adding weight portion.

You're stretching and adding when jelquing; you're keeping it the same with masturbating.
        Starting Stats 10OCT2010: BPEL Erect: 6.25 x 6.25
        Current Stats 10OCT2010: BPEL Erect: 6.25 x 6.25
        Goal: BPEL 8 x 7

Comment

Here is a thread to read it has links. Guys have increased size through edging but it is best used in conjunction with other pe methods.
          https://www.pegym.com/forums/penis-e...xperiment.html

Comment

This is my thought ...

During a jelq, the combination of the kegels and the hand motion (which is outward not both ways like sex or masturbation) is pumping blood through the arteries and veins. Since you are partial erect, the tunica muscle isn't restricting the blood flow. However, since there is a firmness in the jelq hand grip, there are pressure changes that will occur in the arteries and veins which will stress their walls. So to use your weight lifting analogy, with would be like lifting 50# a total of 100 times. That would be 5,000 pounds of work performed by the muscle.

During edging, you are going to eventually engorge the penis with blood and the tunica will restrict the flow of blood causing you to get hard. At that point very little blood is flowing through the veins and the pressure inside the veins and around the veins are nearly equal. As a result, no additional stress is placed on the walls. Let's say you edged 20 times during the session. Each one is worth 130# for a total of 2,600 pounds of work.

During masturbation, you are really doing the same thing as edging, but let's say it is more intense and each one is worth 150#. But during your masturbation session you have a good day and are able to have 3 good back to back erections and ejaculations. That would only result in 450 pounds of total work.

So just like the rest of your muscles, your penis is going to react to the overall stress and repair it's self from the damage done during the exercise resulting in more tissue being grown and increased artery and vein size to better support the necessary blood flow.
            9/13/10 332#(BPFL1.75xFG3.25),(BPEL3.75xEG4.25)

6/25/13 303#(BPFL4xFG3.63),NBPLF3.25,(BPEL6xBEG4.88/MEG4.88/HEG4.5),NBPEL5.38

Goal 210#(BPFL4xFG4),NBPLF3.5,(BPEL6.5xMEG5),NBPEL6

Comment

Working...
            X