Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just took some new measurements of myself...quite surprised

===Note===

I have not done PE work for a long time, and in fact I believe my size is natural since I have never done PE long enough to amount to anything.

I think tonight I was just able to successfully take the proper measurements, especially in length. I have always assumed I was 7.75" or 8" in length (because of side dick measuring), not 8.5" NBP, or 9" BP.

=========
    bulldog28
    Last edited by bulldog28; 01-14-2011, 12:14 AM.

I can't really answer your question about the girth, but for the length...you say you have a downward curve? Well I have an upward curve and I'm sure I measure longer on the underside of my penis. Curves are a tricky thing.

Measuring BPFSL is a good way to determine length because it eliminates the curve.

Comment

if you have a upward curve how do you got to measure it ? make it straight ?
      Started 07-november-2010

Measurement (NBP)
      Lenght: 6.4''
      Girth: 4.8''

Next measure date: 07-februari-2011

Comment

I just ignore the curve. Whatever it is, it is. I do measure from the side though.
        Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
        Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
        Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
        http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

My penis doesn't have much of a curve (sounds better than saying it's not straight ... hehe). Also I measure from the 2 o'clock / 10 o'clock position. But would think if you had a lot of curve, you could measure using a Stanley retractable tape measure. Would allow you to see how much difference it makes since you could bend the measure to follow your natural curvature.
          9/13/10 332#(BPFL1.75xFG3.25),(BPEL3.75xEG4.25)

6/25/13 303#(BPFL4xFG3.63),NBPLF3.25,(BPEL6xBEG4.88/MEG4.88/HEG4.5),NBPEL5.38

Goal 210#(BPFL4xFG4),NBPLF3.5,(BPEL6.5xMEG5),NBPEL6

Comment

Is that metal, Ray? Ouch!! I like the cloth one because I can stretch it over my glans, which is large. I want to give myself full credit, flaccid or erect. You can also rub a bit of vaseline along the bottom side of the cloth tape, so that you can get an accurate (from the top, the standard way for most people) both bone pressed and non-bone pressed. It's fun to do both.

Again, the question always comes down to doing it the same way consistently, however you measure your dick, so that you can get accurate results regarding gains. It's easy to deceive oneself, and we do tend to want to exaggerate our size. This is a guy thing, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog28 View Post
              ===Note===

I have not done PE work for a long time, and in fact I believe my size is natural since I have never done PE long enough to amount to anything.

I think tonight I was just able to successfully take the proper measurements, especially in length. I have always assumed I was 7.75" or 8" in length (because of side dick measuring), not 8.5" NBP, or 9" BP.

=========

I got myself edging and very erect.... not sure if I was ballooned or not..but I felt huge.

Anyways, decided to take some measurements and determined a few things about my dick.

1. Because of my curve, I get my longest measurement using a soft tape measurer and lay it along the top. Whether your dick is straight, curved, etc... I assume this is still a very accurate measurement, versus trying to measure along the side, etc... since on the top you get that exact point the ruler meets your body.

When using this method, I get NBPEL of 8.5". BPEL I got 9". That number REALLY surprised me. Because of my downward curve, I actually had to get a mirror and verify the exact spot the tape measurer met the exact tip of my dick. Sure enough, 9" was there.

What sucks is if I try to straighten my dick, and then take the same measurement its NBPEL of 8"...so I guess I have 1/2" more length on top then I do on the bottom of my shaft. I have chordee.

2. My girth...I have one of those "oval" dicks...where the width outweighs the depth (or vertical girth I guess). I come out to be 5" circumference. At the base, I come out to be 5.25" but I think that is partially to the spongy tissue on the lower base shaft. I am about 1.85" in width. My depth or vertical girth is closer to 1.5".

This makes sense for being 5" circumfrence instead of 5.25"

Damnit I really wish I had a more equal rounded dick.

If I did girth work (after proper conditioning of course), is it possible to increase the depth/vertical girth..or will I ALWAYS have that .25" discrepancy... since all girth increases will all move forward together?
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can absolutely increase the vertical girth. I have mine. The problem still remains: How much vertical did I have to start with? I never thought about measuring my dick this way before I got into p.e.

Comment

I assume i need to focus on jelqs where more pressure is applied to the sides to create downwards and upwards internal pressures. I have clamped before but that will increase girt everyehere.

So girth wise is it possible to make the vertical girth closer to my horizontal girth?

Comment

I think it is.

Comment

Originally posted by NP97 View Post
                    I just ignore the curve. Whatever it is, it is. I do measure from the side though.
                    From the side I get an exta 1/2" or 8" in length. Is that right to measure that way? Upward curve for me.

Comment

Why not? If you are comparing your length with others' length, you probably want to measure along the top of your penis. So long as you keep measuring as best you can exactly the same way, whether you measure from the side or along the top, it doesn't really matter. Just my opinion.

Comment

Do u straighten your curve to measure? Interesting i lose length if measuring from the side with a down curve and u gain?

Comment

I try to straighten my upward curve when I measure... Kind of difficult with a level ten boner :-)

I do think it's the best thing to do if you have a curve. I measure a whole inch more if I run the tape along my undershaft.
                          8th Aug 2010 - 7" NBPEL x 5.4" MSEG
                          Current - 7.25" NBPEL x 5.5" MSEG

Aiming for - 7.5" NBPEL x 5.75" MSEG

Comment

Originally posted by Jimrod View Post
                            I try to straighten my upward curve when I measure... Kind of difficult with a level ten boner :-)

I do think it's the best thing to do if you have a curve. I measure a whole inch more if I run the tape along my undershaft.

This ^^

And I don't even have that much of an upward curve, but I'm just saying that if you have a downward curve and measure along the top while erect, you surely will have a larger measurement than if you measured along the bottom. The opposite is true for an upward curve.

That is why BPFSL is a good common denominator. There is no curve while flaccid. I accept that this is not the same as an erect measurement.

Comment

Did some jelqing last night, and inspected the vertical girth issue as well.

Common sense tells me in order to improve the vertical girth, firm pressure has to be applied to the sides of my penis moreso then the top/bottom of it.

I am not sure if people who have a more circular shaped penis have this issue, but when I am erect and I have my downward curve, the sides are more prominent and hard. Might very well be why it has the shape it does. My penis, even when erect, can "twist" or "roll", as if you were turning a door knob. I don't think my explanation explains it very well. When I was about 70% last night, as I was jelqing I would use two hands, and I was able to grip my penis in a way that I almost "locked" it in place so I could successfully focus on applying firmer side pressures to the left and right side. Normally if I try to do that, my dick will swivel/roll while trying to apply side pressure only.

But I have a concern that by applying side pressures...do I risk reducing my horizontal girth or penis shaft width?

I also noticed the entire chunk of shaft just below the glands and probably 2 inches long, tends to feel firmer/harder then the rest of my shaft. Granted, this has NEVER given me issues in performance, etc.. but just an observation. I think it plays a factor in my downward curve. It is the least pliable area of my penis.

When working on the side jelqs, its definitely an area that feels the most pressure from that exercise.

Comment

Working...
                              X