Reverse Kegel Safety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Kegel Safety

Almost all descriptions of the Reverse Kegel exercise instruct the exerciser to imitate going to the bathroom. How is this exercise performed without straining? I have always read that straining while defacating can cause hemmorhoids and mess with blood pressure. The advice is always NOT to strain when going to the bathroom. Are Reverse Kegels really safe to do?
    9-22-10
    Starting Stats
    BPEL: 7.25" NBPEL: 5.25" BPFSL: 7.25" EG: 5.25"

11-03-10
    Most Recent Stats
    BPEL: 7.5" (+1/4") NBPEL: 5.25" BPFSL: 7.375" (+1/8") EG: 5.375" (+1/8")

Goal
    BPEL: 8"
    EG: 6"

Once you learn to isolate the muscle it's a little different.
    You can do it without pushing on your butthole as much (like trying to force a ). You're moreso pushing out the muscle.
    Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
    Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
    Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
    http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

I refer to reverse kegeling as anal breathing and not like forcing out a fart like so many of the others do. To force means to strain and this aint advisable during any exercise in PE. Simply relax your whole body and focus on your breathing, then imitate this breathing technique with your arse where as breathing out is actually the reverse kegel. The benefits of doing reverse kegels and especially when you adopt this approach is that you are relaxing the pelvic floor muscles, this is why so many people advise reverse kegeling during sex and edging. If you are straining while reverse kegeling then you are defeating the whole object.
      Starting stats : BPEL 6.25" NBPEL 5.6" EG 4.8"
      Current stats : BPEL 7" NBPEL 6.25" EG 5"
      Main Goal : BPEL 7.5" NBPEL 6.75" EG 5.5"

Comment

OK Viper, that helps some. But I thought the Reverse Kegel was used to strengthen the muscles opposite the ones targeted by the Kegels. You're saying they relax muscles though. Aren't they already relaxed?

Is it then true that just walking around Reverse Kegeling is ineffective, and that it only works to relax the muscles to prevent an imminent orgasm? in other words, are there appropriate and inappropriate times to Reverse Kegel?
        9-22-10
        Starting Stats
        BPEL: 7.25" NBPEL: 5.25" BPFSL: 7.25" EG: 5.25"

11-03-10
        Most Recent Stats
        BPEL: 7.5" (+1/4") NBPEL: 5.25" BPFSL: 7.375" (+1/8") EG: 5.375" (+1/8")

Goal
        BPEL: 8"
        EG: 6"

Comment

Originally posted by Gladhander View Post
          OK Viper, that helps some. But I thought the Reverse Kegel was used to strengthen the muscles opposite the ones targeted by the Kegels. You're saying they relax muscles though. Aren't they already relaxed?

Is it then true that just walking around Reverse Kegeling is ineffective, and that it only works to relax the muscles to prevent an imminent orgasm? in other words, are there appropriate and inappropriate times to Reverse Kegel?
          Thinking about it from a logical perspective, i cant see how reverse kegeling will strengthen a group of muscles simply because you aint contracting them as you would when you perform a normal kegel. The only way to strengthen muscles is by contraction. I do believe that reverse kegels are helpful and that they have there benefits but they're not essential, many PEers achieved their success without doing them. I cant speak for everyone but only myself ... for me reverse kegeling helps promote blood flow whilst normal kegels help trap the blood inside.
          As for appropriate and inappropriate times to reverse kegel, i find it a good time to reverse kegel when i am using the shower or getting dressed in the gym ... this is because the blood flow gives me a good flaccid hang just incase there are any onlookers. Im not sure there are any inappropriate times to reverse kegel except if you want to orgasm quickly.
          Starting stats : BPEL 6.25" NBPEL 5.6" EG 4.8"
          Current stats : BPEL 7" NBPEL 6.25" EG 5"
          Main Goal : BPEL 7.5" NBPEL 6.75" EG 5.5"

Comment

Working...
          X