Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Lessons Learned Here (Hey Mods! A suggestion for you.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Lessons Learned Here (Hey Mods! A suggestion for you.)

Hey Mods!

First off thanks for being cool, I have not been called an idiot once. Although, I may have deserved it a few times

I have a suggestion...

I would like a lessons learned forum. I think it would be a good place where people can post the mistakes they made and things they would change if they could go back and do it again. I would love to hear from some vets about their wisdom on what they would have done differently if they were starting out again.

I have been only doing this 4+ months and there are many things I would have done differently earlier, if only I had known.

For example:

Lessons learned.

1) I should have been stretching my shaft skin and isolating it from my sack skin. This would have helped prevent hair from creeping on my shaft. I should have implemented some aspects from Foreskin restoration to do this, having loose skin would have been beneficial during growth.

2) I should have used emu oil from the start. It really helps my foreskin overall and keeps the skin healthy. I had some issues with the skin getting irritated because my foreskin is tighter than a drum. Once I started using this oil it improved greatly. Would have saved me some pain.

Let me know what you think, or if this is already somewhere on the site.
    danvers
    Last edited by danvers; 01-07-2011, 04:11 PM.
    My Progress Thread

Stats:
    Current: BPEL 7.5", EL 7" and 5 7/8" MSEG.
    Started: EL 6" EL and 5.5" MSEG
    Goal: BPEL 8" and 6.0" MSEG
    FR - Started Jan 10th. with DTR.

Good idea.

Comment

Perhaps people could contribute in this thread? Redbear you have a good couple years experience, anything to add?

I'm not a vet but...

1. I would second the stretching for shaft hair thing, also similar to being more careful to avoid causing/worsening turkey neck. I URGE everybody to recognise turkey neck and take steps to prevent it.

2. An obvious one but, be consistent.

3. Don't jelq with with vapor rub! Haha

There are probably some others because honestly at times I feel like my gains are just from luck with what I feel was poor technique.
      My main point would be number 1, with focus on turkey neck.
      Foreskins are friends.

Comment

What an idiotic suggestion! ( sorry you left yourself open for that one!) Besides being idiotic it does have merit. Having a forum where not just the mods but everyone can get on and specifically mention things they have done wrong and things they have done right might make it easy to find.The information is already out there but this may make it more centralized! Remember though that the mods aren't just big gainers; they have just been around for a while. Some mods haven't gained nearly as much as some members. In fact I know two mods that not only haven't gained anything at all but physically can't do pe! ( although one started some weird kind of boob exercises; I don't know where that went!). I tell you what; you name it, start it, and I'll contibute. I'll even go to the land of the mods and get some of those guys to contribute as well!
        The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

I would have gotten some accurate initial length and girth measurements when starting. I did not do so, because I did not think it would be possible to gain size. I only started measuring after it became very clear I had gained size.

I think if I had it to do over again I would also have placed more emphasis on Kegels early on.

I got some discoloration during one 20 minute episode of hanging in which I was using a wrap that got too tight. I didn't have any unusual discomfort associated with this and I didn't realize it had occurred until I removed the wrap. One year later, it is mostly gone, but there are some remnants.

Comment

I bought a pump without a pressure gauge and damn near blew up my dick. For real, I kept pumping because it looked huge. Man afterwards it looked like my dick had a donut on it.

Lesson learned it's good to have a pressure indicator on your pump.
            My Progress Thread

Stats:

Comment

Ha Cusp, I guess I did walk into that.

We can call it anything. Tips from the pros, lessons learned, doesn't really matter. Maybe we can some people to through in a few things they would like to share and then we cut and paste it into an article or a sticky thread?

Just a thought.
              My Progress Thread

Stats:

Comment

I think an article or a sticky is a great idea, not a forum devoted to it.
                Apparently we already have too many forums here as it is and are possibly looking at integrating some.
                Foreskins are friends.

Comment

This is a great idea! Especially for idiots like me.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

Originally posted by danvers View Post
                    Hey Mods!

First off thanks for being cool, I have not been called an idiot once. Although, I may have deserved it a few times

I have a suggestion...

I would like a lessons learned forum. I think it would be a good place where people can post the mistakes they made and things they would change if they could go back and do it again. I would love to hear from some vets about their wisdom on what they would have done differently if they were starting out again.

I have been only doing this 4+ months and there are many things I would have done differently earlier, if only I had known.

For example:

Lessons learned.

1) I should have been stretching my shaft skin and isolating it from my sack skin. This would have helped prevent hair from creeping on my shaft. I should have implemented some aspects from Foreskin restoration to do this, having loose skin would have been beneficial during growth.

2) I should have used emu oil from the start. It really helps my foreskin overall and keeps the skin healthy. I had some issues with the skin getting irritated because my foreskin is tighter than a drum. Once I started using this oil it improved greatly. Would have saved me some pain.

Let me know what you think, or if this is already somewhere on the site.
                    This post interests me a lot, i have some hair creeping up on my shaft... So whats the lesson here im not sure I understand?!

Originally posted by aidan784 View Post
                    Perhaps people could contribute in this thread? Redbear you have a good couple years experience, anything to add?

I'm not a vet but...

1. I would second the stretching for shaft hair thing, also similar to being more careful to avoid causing/worsening turkey neck. I URGE everybody to recognise turkey neck and take steps to prevent it.

2. An obvious one but, be consistent.

3. Don't jelq with with vapor rub! Haha

There are probably some others because honestly at times I feel like my gains are just from luck with what I feel was poor technique.
                    My main point would be number 1, with focus on turkey neck.
                    How exactly would we prevent turkey neck? i just searched the forums and understood that when you jelq you can bring the skin up and that would cause Turkey neck... What would the best solution, lube and starting the jelq a bit higher?

My lesson learned is a trick to jelq for correct time, I say the number out loud and add an extra emphasis on the last sound. This way im sure to do atleast a 3 second jelq.

Comment

If you look in the Foreskin restoration forums there is a Manual method called method two. Basically you make an OK at the hairline with one hand and the other Ok around the scar line below the glands. You then gently tug in opposite directions.

My skin was already tight prior to enlarging my dick. When I started to grow my hairline was pulled up the shaft slightly. Most Restorers I have spoken too say, the hair line started to go back down when they started stretching the shaft skin.

This is the same for your sack skin. My theory and those of Foreskin restorers is looser shaft skin helps keep hair shaft and T-neck away.

Make sense?
                      My Progress Thread

Stats:

Comment

Don't jelq with soap!!!!
                        https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...nt-logger.html
                        My Loggy Log

Comment

Here are two no-no's"

Even if you have a pressure gauge, don't go above the red mark, i.e. maximum recommended pressure--unless you want a big fuckin' donut.

Don't grip too tightly near the circ scar where the sensitive nerves reside while stretching. I took two weeks to recover from nerve damage there. It still becomes sensitive if I forget to cover it with foreskin before I grip there. I, again, stupidly, gripped too tightly while stretching my flaccid cock up my backbone, (performing the BTC), trying to reach the second vertebrae.

Comment

My contribution to the Lessons Learned: Rest days are not laziness. Like any physical conditioning (sprinting, weight lifting) you cannot train 100% everyday when you begin. Olympic atheletes may be able to, but not beginners. Same goes for PE. There's no sense and no gains if you begin PE with jelqing 500 times a day, 7 days a week. You'll only end up with a tired dick.
                            Concentrating on kingpole's Beginner to Advanced Beginner Routine
                            Dec 1, 2010: BPEL 6.0"-- EG 6.5"
                            Ultimate Goal: BPEL 8.0"-- EG 6.5" (plenty of girth already)
                            Midasman's progress

Comment

going411by7: I can only HOPE to make the mistake of touching my second vertebrae with my penis.
                              Concentrating on kingpole's Beginner to Advanced Beginner Routine
                              Dec 1, 2010: BPEL 6.0"-- EG 6.5"
                              Ultimate Goal: BPEL 8.0"-- EG 6.5" (plenty of girth already)
                              Midasman's progress

Comment

Working...
                              X