Heat shrinks your penis's ligaments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat shrinks your penis's ligaments?

Found this while searching on what heat does to ligaments: http://www.hopkinsortho.org/thermalcapsularshift.html

Thought you guys would find it interesting...made me rethink using heat for pe.

"The interesting thing about this is that the tip of the probe does not get hot like you would expect, but rather it heats the tissue by exciting the molecules themselves in the tissue. The molecules in the ligament (called "collagen molecules") essentially vibrate; giving off energy which is expressed as heat. This causes the tissue to heat and shrink

Recently a new technique of heating the ligaments to make them shorten and tighten was devised using a different type of energy than laser energy. These techniques are called "thermal capsular shifts" since they are a way to "shift" or "tighten" the ligaments by using heat.

The surgeon then directs the end of the probe to the ligaments where it touches them and causes them to heat and then shrink."
    Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right. ~Henry Ford

Heat typically loosens ligaments. If heat really did cause ligaments to shrink, and not loosen up, stretching wouldn't be a major part of athletic and exercise activities. Thermal Capsulorrhaphy is something where, through surgery, ligaments will be heated up to the point of injury where they contract/shrink. Then the body will begin to heal itself, and in theory the ligaments will be shorter for less "free play" in joints.

This idea is still under investigation and theoretical. Hopefully not for long, 'cause I could really use it on my knees.

Warming up for PE is something that should be done. Even a hot rice sock or wash cloth will never get hot enough to cause that type of ligament damage, without first giving you some serious 3rd degree skin and tissue burns.

Comment

I'm thinking that applying a probe of massive heat directly to the ligaments is not really comparable to warming up with a rice sock or hot shower etc.

Good find but warm-ups are pretty tried and true when it comes to PE. If not for gains directly, then at least for safety's sake, which is obviously of utmost importance for being able to PE and getting any gains at all.
      Foreskins are friends.

Comment

good found indeed!
        but i gotta agree with the others nothing to think to much about. WARM UP

Comment

Yeah, we don't do warm ups to expand or grow our ligaments, but to make them plyable. This allows them some "give" during the manipulations knows as PE.
          Concentrating on kingpole's Beginner to Advanced Beginner Routine
          Dec 1, 2010: BPEL 6.0"-- EG 6.5"
          Ultimate Goal: BPEL 8.0"-- EG 6.5" (plenty of girth already)
          Midasman's progress

Comment

Originally posted by aidan784 View Post
            I'm thinking that applying a probe of massive heat directly to the ligaments is not really comparable to warming up with a rice sock or hot shower etc.

Good find but warm-ups are pretty tried and true when it comes to PE. If not for gains directly, then at least for safety's sake, which is obviously of utmost importance for being able to PE and getting any gains at all.
            Exellent advice man!
            Always warm up,if not you are much more likely to get injured,especially with the more advanced exercises...
            But a good find and a great thread moonshine!
            Starting Size-------6.75" x 5.0"
            Last Measurement-7.25" x 5.25"
            Destination---------7.5" x 5.5"

"A smile is a curve that sets everything straight"

Comment

I found that original article because I am thinking about applying heat directly at the base of my shaft near the ligaments for long periods of time along with an ADS. I am a security guard at a desk so I already use the autosleeve vacuum hanger for long hours so I was thinking of putting a hot electric hand warmer like this one Amazon.com: Sunpentown SH-113FB Portable Handheld Electric Warmer in Black: Kitchen & Dining near my ligaments while I sit at my desk. Any thoughts?

Comment

You'll be doing nothing but just warming up the area, and loosening up the ligaments which will only be good if you intend to stretch. Like I said earlier, you will have severe skin and tissue burns before you get anywhere near enough heat to the ligaments to do anything. Thermal Capsulorrhaphy uses heat directly on the ligaments of around 160*F-170*F to damage the ligaments and to cause the body's natural growth repair the ligaments. Even applying 150*F heat to your skin for a short period of time can and will cause 3rd degree burns, so you will be severely burned way before something happens to the ligaments. Even if you use that warmer for a long period of time at a 110*F-113*F range like it can easily do, you can wind up with some pretty bad 1st degree burns.

Nothing you do externally will have a shortening affect on ligaments short of over stretching.

Comment

No what I intend to do is apply the heat while I am in the ADS which is already stretching my ligs. The Autoxleeve attaches to your leg and keeps your penis stretched out for long periods of times so I was thinking of adding heat while I am in that stretched position.

Comment

Wasted energy in my opinion. Wont help you with stretching, and wont hurt you (unless it's too hot).

Comment

I don't see how heat can shrink it... rice sock makes my flaccid hang way bigger.
                      Current: 7 NBPEL, 5.5 mid EG, 5.8 Base EG
                      Dream goal: 8x6

Comment

2 questions here yeah it seems like after sometimes I take hot baths that my flaccid is smaller then when I got in the bath you know, so is exessvie heating bad for you or anything like that, or are hot baths always a positive thing and how long should your warm up and warm down be I usually use either a heating pad or a bath or shower

Comment

Heat makes mine bigger.... Heat is bad if it's scalding hot or too long on the balls.
                          Warmup should be around 10-15 minutes. Longer is fine too. Better even.
                          Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
                          Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
                          Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
                          http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

Originally posted by jonyoung View Post
                            2 questions here yeah it seems like after sometimes I take hot baths that my flaccid is smaller then when I got in the bath you know, so is exessvie heating bad for you or anything like that, or are hot baths always a positive thing and how long should your warm up and warm down be I usually use either a heating pad or a bath or shower
                            Excessive heating as in too hot of a temperature can be bad. So long as the water is not at a temperature that can cause first degree burns, about 106*F or colder, hot baths are good.

Comment

Working...
                            X