Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it wise that for the most part, PE is not...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it wise that for the most part, PE is not...

A well known practice or ideal?

Let me first say I believe that when done the right way, or even if abused to a degree, it works and helps people. There is not much doubt in that. A lot of people may not do textbook PE or exercises, but they still see benefits and luckily for the most part do not hurt themselves. Many do though and I will talk about that later.

Still, even though PE can be effective, it is hardly recommended or even acknowledged by doctors. I think the main part of this probably has to do w/ money. Doctors and big pharma can make more prescribing ED drugs, sex therapy, and what have you for your sex-related issues. Having the patient come back for consultations, etc, etc.

I think that is the number 1 reason why PE is hidden, as most other natural or readily available cures or therapies that can be done by people. Money talks. See the practice of circumcision, which has no reason to be done 99% of the time, but it is a big and easy money maker for individual doctors in the US.

But having said this, I was reading quite a few threads today talking about negative side effects. PE injuries and strange issues occurring from PE. And I came to think...Maybe it is more than the money. Maybe the gray area of the scientific backing of PE comes into play? Perhaps we cannot be trusted as humans to do the right thing when it comes to PE. Easing into it, warming up and even doing the exercises correctly. Whether it be jelqing or stretching, a lot of errors can occur and damage can be the outcome, sometimes permanent. We are lucky here to have a place to ask any questions and be well informed of the right thing to do in regards to most of anything PE. But what happens if a doctor actually recommends some PE exercises only to have the patient rush or stretch while holding his glans and then damages his penis. You are talking a big time lawsuit.

So at this point in time or perhaps any point, perhaps the male population cannot handle this info by and large. What are your thoughts? There are threads about telling your kids about PE or this or that. IMO, the less mature you are when starting it, the more of a chance you have or hurting yourself. While maturity is not applicable at any certain age, I am happy I started in my mid-20's where I have a good grasp of what I am doing.
    Hockey_NY
    Last edited by Hockey_NY; 02-14-2011, 07:05 PM.

Of course what you say could apply to exercise in general and weight training in particular.

Comment

This is true, although there is a lot more backing and info on weight lifting- tons more, actually. Most doctors would probably recommend simple "cardio" before weight-lifting to patients in need of a lot of body related issues as well..

Just playing devils advocate here...I believe in and support PE. But thinking about a doctor- who generally I regard as highly as a profession, probably the top of my list...I wouldn't recommend PE to any patients. Just too much risk involved. If you recommend lifting and the person gets hurt, there is a lot of defense to that as a doctor. You recommend PE and the person damages his penis, first the medical community will probably not back you. and then, you will have issues where a lot of scientific documentation does not even exist on the subject. A lot of the reasons or science of why certain PE exercises work are sparse at best.

Comment

I'm glad you mentioned circumcision in your first post, that was the only point I was going to make when it comes to doctors and money.
        Foreskins are friends.

Comment

Of course until recent times Docs did not recomend weights. I think doc s not recomending it will have little effect and pe will soon become mainstream, do I think this is a good thing ;not really.

Comment

I just think in general males in regards to their penis...we don't think enough. We're foolish and stupid and most would be in a rush for changes. At this point people generally look for PE on the web and they are serious about helping themselves. There are still injuries, which is normal for any kind of activity like this, but the PE community is probably pretty responsible since they are seeking out this help and genuine about it. More mainstream would mean a lot more issues and a lot more guys doing it for the hell of it and ignoring a lot of the hazards and rules. I wouldn't trust some of my friends with this advice, which is an added reason why I would never tell them (although I have many other reasons). If they need PE help, they will find this forum after 5 minutes on google. You could say as PE gets more widespread and mainstream people would be more responsible with it, but I don't trust that for a second.

Now mind you, many males don't need PE. They need not even perform a kegel (on purpose) in their life and they have great sexual health and sex. I respect a guy who is comfortable with what he has and does well in his sex life. PE probably draws more men who needs confidence before added size, I am sure. So kudos to the confident guys.

Comment

i dunno if pe will ever be mainstream. If it was going to be mainstream it would be so by now surely. Like when the internet took off, i reckon this brought PE to its height, but i feel that this is it. The reason i think this is because men are selfconcious creatures, and admitting that they want a bigger penis is admitting defeat to most men. When society is able to comfortably talk about each others sizes without insecurity, then PE will take off more than it already has. Pe is a very personal thing and even as you can see by the forums here, near 90% of the guys who practice dont even talk about it. And when they do they get shot down for talking about it. First we'll have to change the mindframe of our embarrassed society, then PE can make itself mainstream.
              I watched a documentary there recently enough, called 'my penis and everyone elses' or something like that anyway. It was about this english guy trying to get people to openly talk about their penises and sexuality. He found that our society is very closed off and its very difficult to start these kind of conversations. Great watch actually. here it is! -

My Penis And Everyone Else’s | Watch Free Documentary Online

And as for medicals advising Pe, not a hope will that ever happen, for every reason stated above and forever across this site.

Comment

Good thread.

I think Big Medicine has it all wrong. They don't really get it - and to a large degree I'm quite happy about that. Male enhancement is a billion dollar a year industry. If they (Big Med) tapped into that the 'correct way,' those numbers could triple. The correct way you ask? Exactly what you're getting here on this forum. Setting a good foundation (JP's Program), then building to intermediate, then advanced techniques. There are lots of doctors out there that advocate good PE practices but they are in the minority. I believe if they were to form some sort of group that really pushed the issue, it could eventually make a foothold in the medical community. Fringe? Probably - but recognized. But the hubris of Big Med won't let that happen - at least not anytime in the forseeable future. And that goes back to why I'm glad they don't endorse it - if they did, they'd pervert and turn the whole thing into a sham. You can already see that with the way they handle chemical PE. If the manual aspect were to ever go 'mainstream,' it won't be pretty.
                GTO
                Retired Moderator
                PEGym Editor
                PEGym Hero
                Last edited by GTO; 02-15-2011, 07:21 AM.
                Old Gym Log - Tracking progress with the iLogPE App
                "Wherever you go, there you are. Stay sexy, my friends."

Comment

Originally posted by GettinThereOK View Post
                  Good thread.

I think Big Medicine has it all wrong. They don't really get it - and to a large degree I'm quite happy about that. Male enhancement is a billion dollar a year industry. If they (Big Med) tapped into that the 'correct way,' those numbers could triple. The correct way you ask? Exactly what you're getting here on this forum. Setting a good foundation (JP's Program), then building to intermediate, then advanced techniques. There are lots of doctors out there that advocate good PE practices but they are in the minority. I believe if they were to form some sort of group that really pushed the issue, it could eventually make a foothold in the medical community. Fringe? Probably - but recognized. But the hubris of Big Med won't let that happen - at least not anytime in the forseeable future. And that goes back to why I'm glad they don't endorse it - if they did, they'd pervert and turn the whole thing into a sham. You can already see that with the way they handle chemical PE. If the manual aspect were to ever go 'mainstream,' it won't be pretty.

I agree with this 100%...Good thoughts.

Comment

I remember the docs saying roids don't work, no doubt they said that to stop the sort of use that happened. All they did is blow a HEAP OF CRED. What they said was irrelevant, as it will ne for pe, even more as they have less cred now than they used to.

Comment

Working...
                    X