Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Routine?

Hey guys,

These past 2 weeks at school have been very busy and I haven't stuck as well to my routine as I'd like to (I'm picking it up for a serious 4 months during the summer term). However, in these past 14 days I've made sure that I found time to do a moderate amount of kegels and periodic stretching at least 2-3 times a day (100 kegels, 50 in/50 reverse, a time each with 3 sets of stretching that I will explain next).

The stretching I have done is targeting the tunica, I believe. I do the stretches by grabbing tightily around my base with one hand, and stretching on the surface of my shaft with the other hand from base to beginning of glans. It almost looks like a jelq but with much looser grip and with the tension being felt on the skin of the penis instead of the inner part. 1 rep takes 5 seconds; 1 set is 10 reps.

The question I've had in my head lately is if there is any really good benefit to focusing on a more constant routine that is done at moderate intensities, rather than one that is more intense with rest days between?
    https://www.pegym.com/forums/beginne...er-warmup.html

Rest days are something you cannot get around. If you want to grow and not injure yourself, you need a rest to grow and heal.

Comment

Like the above poster said, rest days are extremely important. If you overdo it, you risk the chance of injury. Plus, your penis has the chance to heal and grow when you take time off. As for your other question, it really actually depends on you. Some people do better with a routine, while others do just fine doing what you are. My advice would be to continue doing what you're doing if it feels right and stick with it if you're making gains. Otherwise, you may want to try to be more consistent.

Comment

If I was doing a full routine with 150+ jelqs per session I would definitely incorporate lost of resting and warming, etc.

My question of the daily routine was mainly in the context of the very moderate routine explained. This is not a routine I would stick to permanently. I would probably use this, as stated, on "off" periods. The main reason I was curious about this was that I have actually noticed a true increase in flaccid hang and ability to last during sex the past 2 days and can only attribute this to the routine.

I would think something like this deserves some kind of attention. Especially when you take into consideration how daily routines work for some professional athletes, namely cirque du soleil performers, who display incredible tone and control with muscles by not completely working their muscles to fatigue with full workouts.

A daily routine like this would most likely see its greatest benefit for somebody who wants to cement their gains, or just do simple maintenance, after quitting PE.

Comment

Light, moderate, or heavy workouts, all require a rest period. Daily routines athletes, professional or not, don't work the same muscle groups every day, giving their bodies time to rest.

Comment

Again, thats not what I've heard. My cousins are both cirque du soleil athletes and their whole group does daily full body workouts without rest. They incorporate stretching and toning/endurance altogether.

I'm just putting my own results out there. No break for 2 weeks and I don't feel a need to. All I've seen are results.

Can't deny whats right before my eyes.

Comment

There's a big difference between working out to build endurance, and working out to build new tissue. One who would work every day to try and grow in size (I.E. new muscle mass) would very likely lose muscle mass and get injured. One doing endurance work isn't stressing their muscles to the point of microtrauma to cause new muscle growth during a state of rest.

Comment

That is exactly what I was getting at. The equivalent of what I saw from my routine (lower hang and better performance) is the endurance/toning you can achieve from daily sessions.

For someone who is trying to cement gains, or tone their muscles to help treat PreE, or just increase sex life to the highest potential without actually adding any more gains this kind of idea would work very well...

I think there is lots of benefit in a routine like this. Even for somebody who DOES want to gain girth/length, I would still probably say that throwing in a week or two of this kind of routine every now and then would dramatically help the body actively adjust to the new gains. It would be like a combination of 2 weeks gain work followed by 2 weeks of toning/cementing work.

Comment

The whole purpose of the routine I explained above was, for me, to be effective enough to give me some kind of workout without actually causing enough fatigue to require a rest period.

Keeping it short and divided like this makes it more of a casual thing to do. I tend to throw in a set of kegels and some stretching whenever I go to the bathroom, after showering, and while studying.

Comment

Still, If you're still not giving yourself time to rest and grow, exercising every day wont be as effective or safe as exercising and taking routine rest periods. Exercising lighter then you would on a regular routine, wont remove the need for rest periods, unless you're exercising so lightly that it's not even intense enough to really be an exercise and is just at the point of playing with yourself.

Comment

I think we're both on the same page here. I already agree that this "exercise" won't be as effective as a routine with more intensity and rest periods. We both know that. The purpose of this daily routine, for me, isn't a replacement of traditional methods.

You can call it "playing with yourself" if you'd like, however, giving that label to low intensity workouts without rest also includes saying that other similar practices (like yoga, or cardio) are simply "play". I disagree completely. The purpose of these practices is for an overall adjustment to bring your normal levels up to their highest potential. Look at this routine from the perspective of a flexibility-oriented goal and you will see what I mean.

I think we can differentiate between sexual flexibility (stretching, pelvic floor balance/control, endurance) and sexual strength (strength and size of erection, intensity of orgasm, etc). Any kind of flexibility practice essentially requires daily commitment. Flexibility, and keeping anything in "tip top shape", is more of a lifestyle and maintenance than an improvement. Strength is the opposite. You push the body PAST the threshold and thus requires rest after fatigue.

Comment

Working...
                      X