Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urologist available to answer your questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urologist available to answer your questions!

Hey guys. A site I like to visit a lot called reddit has an "AMA" (ask me anything) sub-reddit, and a urologist recently went on to it and is answering peoples' questions regarding men's anatomy, sexuality, fertility, vasectomy, hormones, etc. I think you guys might like to ask him some PE-related questions.

You do need an account to post a comment (which you need to do to ask a question), but getting one is free and quick and you don't need to share your email. I hope I'm not breaking any sort of spam/advertising rules or anything like that. I have absolutely no personal affiliation with the urologist or reddit.com (other than visiting the site), I just thought some of you guys might like to ask the doctor some questions. Cheers.

Here's the link: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...k_me_anything/

I see his answer to pre e is drugs, I would like to put in a plug for our pre e forum, lots of advice there on non drug pre e therapy.

Comment

I doubt a lot of people are going to be reading through the whole thing. But I just found this one answer to a question that might be of interest to a lot of people:

"Is it true that daily masturbation lowers the risk of developing prostate cancer?"

"NO We used to think that regular orgasm or sex is good for the prostate while I think sex and orgasm is good for the body there is not evidence regular orgasm or sex is better for the prostate or for preventing prostate cancer for that matter I have patient who haven't had sex in years any they are not at more risk for prostate problems or prostate cancer. I am a fan of sex and encourage my patients to stay active but I can not make the argument it prevents prostate cancer " - the urologist
      Starting (january 05, 2011):
      BPEL: ~5.5?" X 4.25"?
      Current:
      BPEL: 6.5"X 4.5"
      My Log

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
        I see his answer to pre e is drugs, I would like to put in a plug for our pre e forum, lots of advice there on non drug pre e therapy.
        Well, I just asked him about his thoughts on jelqing and other manual penis exercises and he said he's not a fan of them. He's not sure that they work and is afraid they will injure.

Maybe he won't be very helpful in regards to PE, but hopefully he can help someone here out if they have any questions.

Comment

Another one on circumcision

"Okay thanks but from an urologist point of view, is it necessary for newborns? Are there really big advantages (cleaner, STD, etv...)"

"I am jewish and a urologist and I want to clearly say there are no medical advantages to a newborn circumcision. The great majority of men who are not circumcised can perform proper hygiene are not at more risk for stds..a small minority of men ultimately need circumcision as an adult because of infections or scaring of the foreskin. There was a study years ago that suggested that boys who are circumcised have fewer infections which has been shown to be not true. It is a personal decision or a religious one but probably should not be done for medical reasons in my opinion. "
          Starting (january 05, 2011):
          BPEL: ~5.5?" X 4.25"?
          Current:
          BPEL: 6.5"X 4.5"
          My Log

Comment

Originally posted by anon55 View Post
            Well, I just asked him about his thoughts on jelqing and other manual penis exercises and he said he's not a fan of them. He's not sure that they work and is afraid they will injure.

Maybe he won't be very helpful in regards to PE, but hopefully he can help someone here out if they have any questions.
            You'll get the same reply from any Urologist. Truth is they're just not educated in penis enlargement since there is really nothing medically out there on it, and since they don't know of it and how it works, to them it's nothing but bad and can only cause injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by DemOne View Post
              You'll get the same reply from any Urologist. Truth is they're just not educated in penis enlargement since there is really nothing medically out there on it, and since they don't know of it and how it works, to them it's nothing but bad and can only cause injuries.
              Wow, that's a shame. Hopefully in the future PE will get more recognition as a legitimate way to benefit your penis in health and size, and more publicity and popularity so that it can be looked at more in the medical community.

Comment

I don't think PE is something everyone should do. It's dangerous enough to be overzealous with your PE routine when you have an asset like this forum. Just doing it freestyle looking at the garbage that the internet is filled with would be a bad trend. Ideally it would be great to have doctors that would understand the mechanics and could keep their patients on a responsible routine, but I'd rather people have no information than not enough or wrong information.

Comment

Problem there is more popularity wont do anything to help the medical community look at it. Medical proof can't come until scientists figure out what causes smooth muscle to grow in size. Other than certain hormones from puberty, there really isn't a known way that the muscle grows. Once they figure out what causes growth in smooth muscle of the bladder, uterus, stomach, intestines, and other involuntary organs which have the same muscle make-up as the penis, then there will be a chance to look at PE medically for proof other than where we are now where we just know it works and can only speculate as to why.

Comment

Originally posted by DemOne View Post
                    Problem there is more popularity wont do anything to help the medical community look at it. Medical proof can't come until scientists figure out what causes smooth muscle to grow in size. Other than certain hormones from puberty, there really isn't a known way that the muscle grows. Once they figure out what causes growth in smooth muscle of the bladder, uterus, stomach, intestines, and other involuntary organs which have the same muscle make-up as the penis, then there will be a chance to look at PE medically for proof other than where we are now where we just know it works and can only speculate as to why.
                    Originally posted by Messerschmidt View Post
                    I don't think PE is something everyone should do. It's dangerous enough to be overzealous with your PE routine when you have an asset like this forum. Just doing it freestyle looking at the garbage that the internet is filled with would be a bad trend. Ideally it would be great to have doctors that would understand the mechanics and could keep their patients on a responsible routine, but I'd rather people have no information than not enough or wrong information.
                    Great insight, never thought of it like that.

Comment

It seems the site could be helpful for those suffering from ED and other physiological issues relating to the penis.
                      Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
                      12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
                      12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
                      01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
                      01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
                      01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
                      Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

indeed there are lots of bullshit on the internet related to pe.... after knowing this website i didn't know that after jelq it was necessary to stretch your ligs...
                        also, lots of websites tell that you have to warm up, but don't go deeply on that question, for about four months ago i use to just do a 5 minute warm up on the bathroom, and obviosly got lots of injuries by doing this things...

Comment

Originally posted by not2big View Post
                          It seems the site could be helpful for those suffering from ED and other physiological issues relating to the penis.
                          Yes possibly but many guys come here after mainstream medicine has failed them.

Comment

it is too bad that the medical community dismisses pe, we need one of our young members to hit the college, get our own urologist with a background in PE.
                            Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Originally posted by BigO View Post
                              it is too bad that the medical community dismisses pe, we need one of our young members to hit the college, get our own urologist with a background in PE.
                              HAHAHA that would be dope!

Comment

Working...
                              X