No announcement yet.

does edging contribute to overtraining?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does edging contribute to overtraining?

i generally edge for fun after my sessions (doing jp 90), and recently my EQ has dropped, usually had strong 90ish degree erections and now i have 75-80ish degree erections (can still get erections quite easily though), however, I have been jerking about twice a day on average for a couple of months >_>, planning on stopping for about a week or so to see what happens, anyways, the question I wanna ask is:
    1. Does edging contribute to overtraining and a loss of EQ or am I safe to edge as much as i want? (i close to never actually cum if i dont intend to)
    2. Should I be continuing PE or stop it until my EQ goes back to full?

gaw
    royhoward
    Last edited by royhoward; 01-11-2013, 12:02 AM.

Comment

hmm, ill try and learn ballooning, seems extremely complicated though :/, thanks!

Comment

How long do you Edge for?

Comment

Edging and ballooning are PE too. Keep in mind the total PE load you are putting the little guy through. They are both great ways to end a PE session. Try to edge or balloon for 20 minutes to 30 minutes.

As long as your PIs are good, then keep up with the JP90 and any edging or ballooning you want to do.

Cut back if you notice any negative PIs. A good post explaining Physiologic Indicators is Physiological Indicators (the original post)
          Doing the JP90

Stats
          6/20/11 - BPEL: 5.5 x 5.25 - Flaccid: 2.5 x 3.5
          8/24/11 - BPEL: 6.0 x 5.5 - Flaccid: 4.0 x 4.5

Comment

There's quite a lot of force exerted on the penis when doing an extreme kegel to hold back ejaculation during edging. Edging wouldn't be able to enlarge the penis if there wasn't some force exerted. You can see this force as your whole penis grows to it's maximum size and hardness while performing a kegel at the ponr. I would say yes, it could definately contribute to overtraining. My advice would be to drop the edging until you are more conditioned. Resting until you get your full EQ back is the safest bet, but if you do continue with your exercises, take it a bit easier for a while by lowering the intenisty of your stretches and jelqs. Good sleep is also very beneficial for healing and growth.

Comment

Originally posted by c-van View Post
              How long do you Edge for?
              i edge for around 10-20 minutes depending on my mood, i dont really cum at the end of it.

Originally posted by ed57 View Post
              Edging and ballooning are PE too. Keep in mind the total PE load you are putting the little guy through. They are both great ways to end a PE session. Try to edge or balloon for 20 minutes to 30 minutes.

As long as your PIs are good, then keep up with the JP90 and any edging or ballooning you want to do.

Cut back if you notice any negative PIs. A good post explaining Physiologic Indicators is Physiological Indicators (the original post)
              I looked up ballooning and is it basically stimulating the areas that don't make you cum or something? the frenulum and the underside of the glans is off limits basically? can i just stroke the glans with lube given that i dont touch the underside and frenulum? not too sure what to do in ballooning even after reading a dozen threads on it since just touching the the head of the glans doesn't really get me hard.

Originally posted by XitemeM View Post
              There's quite a lot of force exerted on the penis when doing an extreme kegel to hold back ejaculation during edging. Edging wouldn't be able to enlarge the penis if there wasn't some force exerted. You can see this force as your whole penis grows to it's maximum size and hardness while performing a kegel at the ponr. I would say yes, it could definately contribute to overtraining. My advice would be to drop the edging until you are more conditioned. Resting until you get your full EQ back is the safest bet, but if you do continue with your exercises, take it a bit easier for a while by lowering the intenisty of your stretches and jelqs. Good sleep is also very beneficial for healing and growth.
              k, gonna take a 2-3 day break with edging/ballooning and jerking off, while continuing my PE.

thanks guys

Comment

My take on ballooning is, it similar to edging, but taking a long time to get to the PONR and not ejaculating. Here is a link to Kingpole's Ballooning 101 article. From the article:

Ballooning is a bit different from Edging. In some cases is better than edging, gets you even more erect becuase your penis stays at it max for a longer period of time. But ballooning takes time to master. Unlike edging you can not cum at the the end of the session. And by not cumming you have a thicker longer flaccid hang the next day and your as horny as hell.

1: Find the magic spot, this is is usually located on the top of the penis near the pit.
                gently rub in circular motions this should get you erect, really erect.

2: At the same time your going to do reverse kegels, sort of like farting, this is called anal breathing. You do this to the rhythm of the motion your making on the magic spot. (but don't accidently do this )

3: You can rub the sides of the shaft but rubbing the underside of the glans and frenulim is forbidden. I do it anyway it gives me a even bigger erection. And the dry orgasms from this forbidden rub are stratispheric. But your not suppose to the forbidden rub or Dr. Linn who is a quack by the way will do something bad to you.

4: You can do this for hours takes longer to get to the point of no return becuase there is little stroking involved. Some guys dont get the concept of the sweet spot so they stroke anyway.
                Doing the JP90

Stats
                6/20/11 - BPEL: 5.5 x 5.25 - Flaccid: 2.5 x 3.5
                8/24/11 - BPEL: 6.0 x 5.5 - Flaccid: 4.0 x 4.5

Comment

Ive only been doing pe for about a month and i also edge after my routine, and from my experience if i edge for along period of time like 20 minutes i do feel overtrained. The next day my penis is all red (i think thats a negative pi) and im not as horny. lol You should try only edging like for five minutes or cut back on the masturbation.

Comment

Working...
                  X