Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A warning to those who measure girth with a string.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A warning to those who measure girth with a string.

I couldn't find a flexible tape measure so I used to measure my girth with a string and ruler and use to get 5.65 or so inches. 5 and 10/15hth's of an inch.

Then I got a piece of paper, got a ruler wrote the ruler onto the paper and measured my girth with it and got 5.15 inches ( 5 and 2/15ths of an inch ).

Seems like the paper is more accurate, so be wary of thinking you have 6 inches of girth because you used string when you might only have 5 and a half.
    BPEL: Around 8.5 inches.

NBPEL: Around 7.75 inches.

Midshaft Girth: A bit over 5 inches but not at 5.25.

Goal:
    BPEL: 9.5 inches.
    Midshaft Girth: 6 inches.
    Semi hang: 8 inches.

I think you did it wrong, just sayin
    Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Originally posted by BigO View Post
      I think you did it wrong, just sayin
      Well with the string I would put it around my dick, make sure they're is no air gaps and make sure it's snug but wouldn't tighten it or compress it. Then see where it crosses then put it next to a ruler.

With the paper I just put it on top of my dick, it then sticks to my dick so I just sort of roll the other part around and it sticks tight but does not compress at all. Seems like the paper is alot more accurate.

Goal:

Comment

how could there be ½ inch difference?

Comment

Originally posted by XitemeM View Post
          how could there be ½ inch difference?
          No idea, but measuring using a string or headphone and measuring using the paper wrapping around it, they're is about a half inch difference with other measurements as well.

( Dumbbell handle, toilet paper roll. )

Maybe the headphone and the string stretch a bit even though it seems like the headphone doesn't.

When looking at the paper wrapped around those objects though it seems like the paper is more accurate since it sticks, but doesn't compress and it goes around it tightly and snug.

Goal:

Comment

When I use all three methods I get the same measurement. I can't imagine what you're doing to have such a difference in measurements.
            Slowly cutting down on sleep... who needs it, anyway?

Comment

Yes I experienced the exact same. 1/2" difference is about right

Comment

Could be that the outside edge of the string is more tight than the inside edge going around a cylinder, and therfore you need more string to make it around. People aren't going to like this Jimmy. I'm going to try tonight and see for myself. I use a tape measure personally. Hope I'm getting the right readings.

Comment

String is inherently elastic. you're getting a bit of "stretch" when you pull it along the ruler.

If you're familiar with fast food restaurants, I use their paper case that comes with the straws.

You wrap that around the peter, then fold it where they overlap and put that on the ruler.

I use this paper because it's more flexible and gets a better measure. Its really thin but durable... best measure i get is with that. My Tape measure is a confirmed 1/4" off by 5"

Comment

Originally posted by XitemeM View Post
                    Could be that the outside edge of the string is more tight than the inside edge going around a cylinder, and therfore you need more string to make it around. People aren't going to like this Jimmy. I'm going to try tonight and see for myself. I use a tape measure personally. Hope I'm getting the right readings.
                    Trust me I'm disappointed.

I haven't started doing PE yet but thought I was 7.4x5.65 before today because that's what the ruler and string measured.

Then I thought about using a piece of paper and wrapping it around and it turns out I'm just barely above 5 inches of girth.

Goal:

Comment

wow, maybe you did it right after all but I have been very close with either method to getting the same number. i just use a tape measure. Stole it from the wifes sewing box.
                      Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Originally posted by somebodyelse View Post
                        My Tape measure is a confirmed 1/4" off by 5"
                        ¼ inch more or less? Some people were saying I didn't look like 4½" girth. Maybe they were right

Comment

5.15 is still great. I'd be relieved in your situation lmao. I realized a little while ago that when I stand up straight, my NBP shrinks by 1/2 inch. I started measuring standing up, and then started sitting down some amount of time into PE. Of course I realized I had only grown .7" instead of 1.2" and that made me happy that I no longer think my dick is bigger than it is.
                          Slowly cutting down on sleep... who needs it, anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMonroe View Post
                            5.15 is still great. I'd be relieved in your situation lmao. I realized a little while ago that when I stand up straight, my NBP shrinks by 1/2 inch. I started measuring standing up, and then started sitting down some amount of time into PE. Of course I realized I had only grown .7" instead of 1.2" and that made me happy that I no longer think my dick is bigger than it is.
                            Big time disappointment to realize though your not as big as you thought you were. Now I have set my short term goal when I start PE'ing to get my girth up to where I thought it was and to get 8bpel. ( At 7.4 now starting. ) So 8x5.5 or 8x5.6 seems like a nice short term goal.

Goal:

Comment

What? This isn't good news
                              Well, how tightly do you have to hold the string around the girth for accurate measuring?
                              I thought I was tight enough...
                              "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
                              Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
                              Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
                              As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

Working...
                              X