Testicular pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testicular pain

Over the past 3 months, I have been suffering some pretty severe chronic testicular pain. It has been an intermittent problem for me for at least 10 years and got worse after my vasectomy 3 years ago. It appears to get aggravated by PE activities and cycling, both of which I basically stopped over the past few months to allow myself to recover. I have seen doctors, and the conservative treatment plan is NSAIDs, heat, rest, compression underwear (and antibiotics if the area becomes infected). The older surgical solution, epidydimectomy doesn't have a great outcome and the newer protocol, testicular denervation, has some ugly side effects in animal studies (diminished testosterone production). I have read practically ever Pub Med article on the issue. I do have some small cysts that developed after the vasectomy, but otherwise there is no firm organic pathology to justify this type of problem. After almost 30 plus years of hard core cycling, I imagine I do have some scar tissue and other issues in the groin area, which the vasectomy did not improve. When the testicles or testicle, get inflamed, it appears clearly swollen and inflamed. Often it's one side, but in the severe flare ups, it becomes bilateral. The extender seems particularly aggravating at the spots where there is pressure near the base. Pressure building exercises also seem to make it flare up. But I am really at the point now where anything and nothing can cause a flare up. When this problem started ten years ago, the flare ups originally went away after a few days with nominal treatment; now I can count the pain free days between flare ups on two hands. The flare ups can be weeks in duration.

Anybody deal with anything remotely like this? Suggestions, doctors, or treatment options would all be welcome. When it's bad, it refers pain into my stomach and leg; and totally sucks the life out of me. It also causes ED during a flare up. There is a doctor at UF doing a robotic procedure that looks promising, but the animal studies suggest that there might be issues with T-levels. So then there are the side effects from T-therapy-baldness, acne, etc.

Are you doing any type of pe; stretching, extenders or the like?
    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
      Are you doing any type of pe; stretching, extenders or the like?
      I wore my extender a bit a week ago, and got a flare up within a few days. Right now, I am doing basically nothing. i did nothing during much of June, July and August; during late August I had a good stretch of pain free days so I thought I would try some light extender wear. (Bout the time I posted recently after a long layoff). It is super painful and basically nauseating; in the way getting hit in the balls is nauseating. I'm doing some kegels, but that is it. When it flares, I start having ED as well so that becomes a bigger priority for me then PE exercises.

Comment

Well I wouldn't do a thing as far as pe is concerned. 30 years of bike riding as well as some of the other things you've gone through may have beat the daylights out of the whole area. Rest and continue to seek medical options. Maybe even give acupunture a try.
        The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

You might consider swimming as an alternative to bike.

Comment

Working...
          X