Compared to bodybuiling (days off)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compared to bodybuiling (days off)

I know from spending a bunch of time in the gym and bodybuiling forums that you shouldn't train the same muscle group more than twice a week, if your goal is to increase muscle volume. At the very least two days off the same muscle group for rest. Naturally then, my question is why doesn't that seem to be the standard for PE? I haven't really read up on what exactly the penis consists of but shouldn't it need at least a couple of days off between every hard PE-workout? If I started to train my biceps by the 5 on 2 off routine for instance I don't think I would be very successful at all. What gives?

any thoughts?

Comment

Hi RickRory, my mind automatically referred to bodybuilding principles when I first started PE. But really PE is very different, due to the tissues we are working with - smooth muscle, tunica & ligs.

Rest is a factor that you do need to incorporate into your routine however.
      Vulcan
      7.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>8.125"BPEL (current)
      5.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>5.75"EG (current)

Comment

Rest is defiantly a key factor with PE, most of the time people gain after taking a week off or increasing their days of rest in their routine. How intense your workout sessions are also determine how many rest days you should be taking.

I was doing 2 days 1 day off with my last routine, but i started up with Big Al and the routine he has me on only has me working out 3 days a week because its new to me and a little more intense.

Comment

Working...
        X