Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edging mid jelq sesh?

So, I was wondering ...

If you're doing erect jelqs, and you jack it a bit to stay hard ... is edging during your jelq sesh a good or bad thing?

What if you're doing regular jelqs? Does taking a pause between the sets to edge have a positive, negative or neutral effect?

Also, how to you pronounce "jelq"?
    Toadstool
    Last edited by Toadstool; 10-23-2011, 06:57 PM.
    "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
    Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
    Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
    As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

There are questions here regarding condition and possibility of injury.
    Veteran members ,have experimented with including various pe techniques within edging. I think the idea has merit for veteran conditioned pe'ers. Any pe exercise done at high eq is something to approach with caution.

Comment

Okay. Thank you pegasus. You sharing your knowledge is very much appreciated!

I haven't hurt myself yet and I certainly don't want to. I am getting some signs of fatigue ... So I'll cool it down. But I wanted to know if it had merit.
      More veteran members. Gotchya.
      Toadstool
      Last edited by Toadstool; 10-23-2011, 09:46 PM.

Comment

I don't know your level of condition, or when you started pe T. I can see you joined here in july.
        In general, caution can be the better part of valor when it comes to pe.

Comment

Well, I've had some experience with over doing it; I am a little impatient.

But I do not want to keep this attitude. I've been doing PE for about 4 or 5 months now. The first little bit had me doing no warm up, or helicopter stretches.... it was just BAM, into the jelqs.
          Then I got smarter and did some warm up stretches ... But nothing like what the JP90 talks about. I didn't start doing Vjelqs until maybe 2-3 months ago.
          I am pretty lucky not to have hurt myself. You can read some of my stupidity here
          For the last 2 months, I've been following the JP90 program much better and have seen 1/4" in gains
          Toadstool
          Last edited by Toadstool; 10-24-2011, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Sounds like you are doing well and are on track now.

Comment

Yes I am. Changing my attitude about PE is what got me more on track. I was looking for quick gains.

Hurting myself is just not what I want to do. So I'll take what you (and other mods) say to heart.
              Knowing my body and seeing the signs also helps, too. Thanks for your input

Comment

There is nothing wrong with stroking for the right EQ level during jelqs (gel+elks, since it's already pretty much spelled phonetically) provided you know what the right EQ level is. Obviously, that caveat is sorta pointless to mention since, if you started your jelqing with the wrong EQ level and too much pressure, you could do damage on the very first jelq. But you already know that.

I know how you feel, though. I'm not impatient for gains so much (certainly not enough to put myself at risk for injury) but I do feel impatient as fuck if I feel the time I'm spending is being wasted for lack of intensity or technique or whatever.

PE: If you build it, she will come.
                :o

My log: https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...p-e-n-i-s.html

Comment

I wasn't sure if it was pronounced YELK. It seemed reasonable to me that it would be since the whole exercise is thought to come from arabic exercises.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadstool View Post
                    Well, I've had some experience with over doing it; I am a little impatient.

But I do not want to keep this attitude. I've been doing PE for about 4 or 5 months now. The first little bit had me doing no warm up, or helicopter stretches.... it was just BAM, into the jelqs.
                    Then I got smarter and did some warm up stretches ... But nothing like what the JP90 talks about. I didn't start doing Vjelqs until maybe 2-3 months ago.
                    I am pretty lucky not to have hurt myself. You can read some of my stupidity here
                    For the last 2 months, I've been following the JP90 program much better and have seen 1/4" in gains
                    I gained half an inch from July to September. I did it consistently(5 days on 2 off) and combined it with weights & cardio, fish oil pills and a multivitamin called Orange Triad. Not only was I getting healthy so was my penis .
                    10-25-11
                    BPEL: 7 x 5.25
                    NBPEL: 5" fat pad:(

Short goal:
                    BPEL: 7.25" EG: 5.5"

Overall goal:
                    BPEL: 7.5" EG: 6"

Comment

I lift weights and do cardio. I think in PE, I have been my own worst enemy. I'm used to PUMPING IT UP at the gym, going until I can go no more.
                      Taking the same attitude into PE can lead to my injury and slow down my gains. :/

But damn you. I'm jealous of those gains. Any girth gains?
                      Hopefully I'll be making you jealous one day soon (relatively speaking)

What does the orange triad do?

Comment

Originally posted by Toadstool View Post
                        I wasn't sure if it was pronounced YELK. It seemed reasonable to me that it would be since the whole exercise is thought to come from arabic exercises.
                        Interesting thought. Never really thought about that. I've never heard it pronounced that way, though.

PE: If you build it, she will come.
                        :o

My log: https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...p-e-n-i-s.html

Comment

I've never heard it pronounced at all.. I do the pronunciation in my head :P
                          I only ever see the word online. Guys have the tendency to either not want to talk about their dicks... or to lie about it in real life. So it's a subject I tend to avoid.

Comment

Working...
                          X