Your thoughts on stretching with heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts on stretching with heat

Has anyone here ever tried stretching with heat? I've seen one or two posts of veterans stretching with a heater or some sort and have had good gains from it. I'm thinking of getting one myself. The concept makes sense; heat further expands the tissues while stretching, making gains easier. Thoughts, opinions, and experiences are welcome.
    PEGym member by day, dating coach by night.
    Current:
    6.0 NBPEL x 5.0 MEG
    Goal: 6.50 NBPEL x 5.25 MEG

heat itself does not expand the tissue it just makes it more pliable, allowing you to be able to stretch the tissue a tad more.

Use a heater, heating pad or infrared lamp. Having heat wont guarantee gains but its better to do your routine in a heated environment then say outside in the cold (extreme example). If you use heat your entire workout you dont need to warm down, as there would be no benifit since you've had heat the entire workout. You would then want to cool down.

Best of luck.

Comment

After every set of stretching, and after every 20 or 30 jelqs, I run hot/warm water to warm up. Then continue. If I don't have time for that, I warm up in the beginning and end of my session.

It seems to increase the effectiveness of my routine alot.
      Used to do PE on and off 2 years ago. I was 6.75 NBPEL, Measured a bit ago and was 7. Now keeping track.

Started serious PE - Start of march 2012 (once again restarted)
      NBEL 7.0
      BPEL 7.25
      EG 5.60

Measuring start of August -

Long term goal -
      NBPEL 9.00
      EG 6.50

Comment

Well I stretch while taking a warm bath. I find it helps to stretch in warm water. ^_^
        "We live to make the impossible possible that is our focus!"- Lightning

Comment

When you warm a tissue, you temporarily increase the elasticity of the collagen fibers which means that you'll be able to stretch further. The question is: is this going to increase your gains? I'm not sure about this but don't see any harm in trying this method
          Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries que mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes.

Comment

I see this having nothing but positive gains. Heat allows the tissues to expand farther, so you'll have a more intense stretch.

You might need to counter it with extra rest, or maybe try a cool-down afterwards.
            "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
            Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
            Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
            As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

Heat is good, I use the panel radiators in my bathroom and sometimes the floor standing radiators as the temperature is perfect for me and an almost universally available heat source this time of year.

It is impossible to speak in such a way that you cannot be misunderstood.- K.Popper
              Strength is the outcome of need, security sets a premium on feebleness.-Wells

Comment

PEGym

As in a normal gym, there is a benefit to warming up any muscle you are about to work out. It only takes 5 - 10 minutes with a rice sock, and it may prevent injury. Like the rules, I'm trying to bend my penis, not break it.
                Guiness
                (Tall, dark & slightly gritty)

Comment

Lehman and associates (1970) studied the effects of heat and stretching on rat tail tendons, which I believe was done under constant heat and then cooled post stretch to achieve permanent lengthening.

Comment

Originally posted by XitemeM View Post
                    Lehman and associates (1970) studied the effects of heat and stretching on rat tail tendons, which I believe was done under constant heat and then cooled post stretch to achieve permanent lengthening.
                    Good post! I was just about to challenge the assertion that heat does actually increase elasticity and pliability but you provided a source. I'll check it out. It does make sense - sort of - and I do think that heating could only help. At absolute worst it does nothing. It seems a worth-while investment.

The real problem seems to be, however, sufficiently heating the penis, and not just it's exterior. What warm up method will really heat the penis up inside?

Comment

Originally posted by PEskeptic View Post
                      Good post! I was just about to challenge the assertion that heat does actually increase elasticity and pliability but you provided a source. I'll check it out. It does make sense - sort of - and I do think that heating could only help. At absolute worst it does nothing. It seems a worth-while investment.

The real problem seems to be, however, sufficiently heating the penis, and not just it's exterior. What warm up method will really heat the penis up inside?
                      Ah cheers man. Yeah it at least gives extra weight to ensuring a good warm up. It does take some time I think for the heat to reach the internals and not just the outside. Especially considering that the thickest/toughest part of the tunica is deep inside.

Here's another link that discusses dry/moist heat and the length of time it's applied. Interestingly they say increasing the time applied rather than the temperature is the way to go, and if around 30 minutes or so is suitable for back pain, you'd think that 15 minutes may very well be sufficient for the penis. How to Apply Heat Therapy
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Guest; 11-29-2011, 03:39 PM.

Comment

I have been wondering something along these lines, I find that I am much more loosened up after a mild fowfer for an extended period of time vs a traditional warm up. I was thinking about ditching the warm up for the fowfer and seeing how it goes, but what I'd really like is to combine the two some how.

Comment

Fowfers are great, man. You can just stealthily tuck your cock between your legs while curled up watching TV, or in bed. There is always time for them.

Comment

I would like to do away with warm ups if I could, but they're just too important in my opinion. mjtrickster, perhaps you could assess the effectiveness of your fowfer warm ups compared to rice sock warm ups, by comparing your BPFSL after sessions using one or the other. Just an idea..

Comment

i keep my rice sock on the upper tendons when i'm hanging.

it just feels nicer.
                              The force is strong with you young Skywalker. Obi Wan has trained you well.

before: 6X4.5
                              now: 7X5
                              next: 8X6

Comment

Working...
                              X